Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Calipari didn't get outcoached. His kids couldn't hit FT's.
Maybe he should have taught them how to shoot FTs. NCAA tournament losses can be blamed solely on a coach sucking.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I don't have basketball expectations therefore what Thad has done is absolutely incredible.

2 final fours
5 big ten regular season titles
4 big ten tournament titles
Thad also ran into loaded Florida teams unfortunately.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is also a reason why Kansas fans hated Roy Williams when he was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
How very convenient.
Schweird.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well unfortunately, Self ran into a terrible Michigan team. That team was garbage, he is a really ****** coach for losing that one.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All you've managed to convince me of is that there are a lot of stupid ******* Kansas fans.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

^^^What Irish said.

Are you going to try to tell us that Williams' 4 final fours in 15 years is terrible too?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Calipari didn't get outcoached. His kids couldn't hit FT's.
You just blamed Bill Self for Kansas losing to Michigan when Elijah Johnson couldn't hit free throws. You can't have it both ways.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
All you've managed to convince me of is that there are a lot of stupid ******* Kansas fans.
I'll accept the W for that.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you think that those years were they went to the elite 8 with the talent they had on those teams was looked at as successful, then I don't know what to tell you man.

The team he had this year reaching the sweet 16 and bowing out to Michigan was a success. Winner.

You're crazy. The team Self took to the national championship in 2012 was pretty low on the talent scale (as far as elite programs go), and this 2012-13 team was arguably lower. And he had them in position to most likely go to another national championship when they were up on a much more talented Michigan team before Trey Burke blew up.

And, yeah, Kansas fans expect Final Fours. Nothing wrong with that even if it is obnoxious. Just like anything less than a Super Bowl is disappointing to Patriots fans and anything less than a World Series will always be failure for Yankees fans.

Fan expectations don't pertain to coach performance. And Bill Self has been one of the 2-3 best, possibly the best in the recent past.

Last edited by nepg : 05-14-2013 at 08:59 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
You just blamed Bill Self for Kansas losing to Michigan when Elijah Johnson couldn't hit free throws. You can't have it both ways.
Whoa whoa whoa. WHOA. Yes he missed ONE FT. Memphis didn't have a 11pt lead with less than 4 minutes to go like Kansas did vs Michigan and completely went out of their offense and chucking up 3's while Self just watched it happen.

Memphis missed 4 of 5 FT's with less than 45 seconds.

Slightly different.

I'm not a Kansas fan, but their program is amazing. I just don't think Bill Self is an elite coach at all. It's not like he came to a small program and built them up, he took over for Roy and continued the recruiting but has still failed when he shouldn't have many times.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-14-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa. WHOA. Yes he missed ONE FT. Memphis didn't have a 11pt lead with less than 4 minutes to go like Kansas did vs Michigan and completely went out of their offense and chucking up 3's while Self just watched it happen.

Memphis missed 4 of 5 FT's with less than 45 seconds.

Slightly different.

You're right, they had a 9 point lead with 2 minutes left which is even harder to blow. And they had already blown the lead by the time they got to the free throws you're talking about.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You're right, they had a 9 point lead with 2 minutes left which is even harder to blow. And they had already blown the lead by the time they got to the free throws you're talking about.
They had a 4 point lead when Roberts missed his 1st FT of a 1 on 1.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

And again I'm stuck here wondering what you think your point is. If we're going by your logic then it's the coach's fault it was at 4 with over a minute to go in the first place. 4 points is nothing close to an insurmountable lead.

Whatever. I'm done arguing about a game that happened 5 years ago.

Last edited by yo123 : 05-14-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

You said the lead was blown when they missed the FT's.

They were up 2 possessions when the first missed FT occurred and a minute remaining. They then proceeded to miss 3 more FT's in less than a minute.

That would be my point. Don't get stuck : )

And I put my finals thoughts on Self on the post at top of page.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baller...bro...

stahp.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Baller...bro...

stahp.
I hate UCLA.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate UCLA.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate UCLA.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Hey hey hey...none of you USC fans...none of that.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 05-15-2013 at 12:35 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yeah Baller is mad that Self got Wiggins.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can now obsess over Harry Giles.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a slightly less athletic KG in the workout video, like a young Durant in the game video. Ridiculous that he's only 14.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Too bad his classmates look like d-bags
Old 05-15-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Hey hey hey...none of you USC fans...none of that.

Let me tell you something pierce2walker, you out here talking about a clique. The only clique you need to know about is the USC Trojans and Andy Enfield. See, because what you dealing with here is Dunk City. It's non-stop from this point on in PAC 12 play. WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!!! And after we take Jordan McLaughlin & Malik Pope, we want the gold sucka!

Joe Bruin, We coming for you *****!

Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Let me tell you something pierce2walker, you out here talking about a clique. The only clique you need to know about is the USC Trojans and Andy Enfield. See, because what you dealing with here is Dunk City. It's non-stop from this point on in PAC 12 play. WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!!! And after we take Jordan McLaughlin & Malik Pope, we want the gold sucka!

Joe Bruin, We coming for you *****!

Malik Pope is going to Boise State.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote