Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-15-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but oh well. UNLV and North Carolina have had a very similar road this season. Beat really good teams, lose to really bad teams, and have trouble shooting free throws.

UNLV and North Carolina Final Four!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but oh well. UNLV and North Carolina have had a very similar road this season. Beat really good teams, lose to really bad teams, and have trouble shooting free throws.

Wait...who has UNLV beat that is really good?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

jesus christ dude have some self respect.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:36 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The fans all kinda looked at each other as to whether they should. It was a pretty half-hearted attempt.

That said I would storm the court for literally anything. Looks like fun.
PSU has stormed the court once every year I've been in college. Michigan last year was amazing (really didn't think we would have a chance to storm the court at that point).

Hopefully we pull off a good home upset and get to storm again this season.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

UNLV vs top ten teams: 0-1
UNLV vs ranked teams: 0-1
UNC vs top five teams: 2-1
UNC vs ranked teams: 3-1

Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNLV has to make the tournament first. I'm certainly no expert on bracketology, but I'd have to imagine they're a weak bubble team if the season ended today.

How many tournament teams do you see coming from the Mountain West?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Wait...who has UNLV beat that is really good?
San Diego State on Saturday.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
UNLV has to make the tournament first. I'm certainly no expert on bracketology, but I'd have to imagine they're a weak bubble team if the season ended today.

How many tournament teams do you see coming from the Mountain West?
2-3 teams will make it.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year Villanova beat good teams and lost to bad teams. Granted, they didn't struggle shooting free throws but I'd imagine that's more of a boost than it is a negative.

They lost in the first round of the tournament.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2-3 teams will make it.
And what is UNLV's current standing in the Mountain West?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
San Diego State on Saturday.
Que?

And that will be your only above average win as of right now. UNLV will likely need to almost run the table and finish the conference season like 15-3 or win the MW tournament to get in. They have a horrible resume for a bubble team.

UNC has beat Louisville, MSU, and Kentucky. You're on crack.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-16-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Que?

And that will be your only above average win as of right now. UNLV will likely need to almost run the table and finish the conference season like 15-3 or win the MW tournament to get in. They have a horrible resume for a bubble team.

UNC has beat Louisville, MSU, and Kentucky. You're on crack.
Winning in New Mexico at The Pit is a good win. San Diego State will be as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Winning in New Mexico at The Pit is a good win. San Diego State will be as well.
You're right, so SDSU will be your 2nd above average win. Neither is as big as UNC's 3 big wins, so I'm not sure how you are comparing them.

So what record will UNLV end up with in conference and overall that will get them in the tournament? Do they sweep SDSU, NM, and Boise?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-16-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So let me get this straight. UNLV is JUST LIKE UNC because they're future win against SDSU and latest win against New Mexico are comparable to UNC's wins against Kentucky, Michigan State, and Louisville? I honestly don't get how you can be serious, unless you're trolling, when saying UNC and UNLV are similar teams.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
So let me get this straight. UNLV is JUST LIKE UNC because they're future win against SDSU and latest win against New Mexico are comparable to UNC's wins against Kentucky, Michigan State, and Louisville? I honestly don't get how you can be serious, unless you're trolling, when saying UNC and UNLV are similar teams.
You conveniently failed to mention that they lost against bad teams and are bad at shooting free throws. That's 2/3 of the argument for them being in the Final Four.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Guys, I think we rag on ph and UNLV a little too much. I want them to make it to the tourny so that they can be bounced by a low level BCS team as much as the next guy, but maybe we should ease up a bit...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-16-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we doing this again? Really?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Nobody invited you anyway, Corey.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If you want to shift the discussion to how ridiculously overrated Michigan was coming into the season, I'm game.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-16-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Nobody invited you anyway, Corey.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Guys, I think we rag on ph and UNLV a little too much. I want them to make it to the tourny so that they can be bounced by a low level BCS team as much as the next guy, but maybe we should ease up a bit...
This is the power six conference crap. Just because you don't play in a BCS conference doesn't mean that you can't do any damage.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Also, Louisiana Tech is another Final Four team.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ******* stop

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Just ******* stop
Michael White will be hired at one of the BCS schools within a few years. He's got Louisiana Tech headed in the right direction. You're just mad that Ohio State lost the other day. Btw, it's 70 degrees in Las Vegas today. Enjoy not being able to go outside in the 29 degree weather in Columbus, Ohio. At least in Las Vegas, there's things to fall back on besides basketball.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can everyone just put him on ignore? Please? I did and it is excellent until you guys start quoting him.