Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
not sure if hester will have as much impact on O than he had on special teams... it always seems like when these super athletic guys are put on offense, they are overhyped and dont meet those lofty expectations

-ie. bailey, sanders, woodson
Those players also had another position on the field on the opposite side of the ball. Devin will be strictly offense.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Hester may not be the sharpest tool in the box but I'm pretty sure he'll get what to do on offense.
I said that for three years while he was in college. All to no avail.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here's what Larry Mayer had to say about the jersey # in his q-&-a column, "Challk Talk":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mayer
I don’t see why Devin Hester would have to change his number. While receivers must wear numbers from 10-19 and 80-89, I imagine he will be a hybrid player on offense who lines up in the backfield on occasion, and running backs are permitted to wear No. 23. As Lovie Smith said, “He’s an offensive weapon right now. That’s the only limit we put on him.”
If the league does force him to change, I would suggest something in the teens; an 80s number @ tailback -- where they said he will line up from time to time -- would just look weird. Maybe 17 now that Curry's been kicked to the curb.

Of course, I think the NFL's numbering rule is too restrictive, but to go into details about my alternative would be going off-topic.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J52 View Post
I said that for three years while he was in college. All to no avail.
That's because they moved him around all over the place. Kinda hard to learn a position when you've got a different one each year.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:02 AM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

I like the idea of him going on the O. He can burn everybody on O and on speical teams.
supermario86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

damn hester wide out in madden with that 100 speed omg
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
damn hester wide out in madden with that 100 speed omg
I still don't get how Madden broke the 100 barrier for Devin Hester after one season. Not even Deion Sanders got the 100 rating in speed. Does this mean that players will be able to get 100 in all categories or is this just something special for Hester?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I still don't get how Madden broke the 100 barrier for Devin Hester after one season. Not even Deion Sanders got the 100 rating in speed. Does this mean that players will be able to get 100 in all categories or is this just something special for Hester?
I just still can't believe they gave somebody who runs a 4.5ish 40 a 100 speed. Madden just doesn't understand football.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I just still can't believe they gave somebody who runs a 4.5ish 40 a 100 speed. Madden just doesn't understand football.
wow. i cant belive you really just wrote that. Madden prolly doesnt go by fourty times, seeing as they are running 40 yards in a straight line with no pads. im pretty sure they go byy football speed. they are two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, Madden judges Hester on his football speed. Now I agree that givinng him the century is stupid, and uncalled for, but if you honestly think that because he ran a 4.51 (which by all accounts was a dissapointment to everyone, especially Hester himself, who was pretty upset about that time) he doens't deserve to have good speed (I would've given him 99, but that's just me) then it's you who just doesn't understand football.

Your post should have been:
Quote:
I just still can't believe they gave somebody who runs a 4.5ish 40 a 100 speed. But then again, I just don't understand football.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know this may sound stupid, but I'm sure most of us play Madden lol. Anyway, I wonder if Madden will have him at WR this year when the game releases. 100spd WR would be pretty tough to defend, even if he is a 70overall...which I doubt he could be because he's gotta be such a great return man...I dunno just something I thought of while I was sitting here.

Sorry I should have read this before posting lol. I was just sitting up here and it came to my mind when I saw the topic...

I really don't understand why he would be the only 100 in the game...

Last edited by iloxygenil : 05-15-2007 at 11:45 AM.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
No, Madden judges Hester on his football speed. Now I agree that givinng him the century is stupid, and uncalled for, but if you honestly think that because he ran a 4.51 (which by all accounts was a dissapointment to everyone, especially Hester himself, who was pretty upset about that time) he doens't deserve to have good speed (I would've given him 99, but that's just me) then it's you who just doesn't understand football.

Your post should have been:
Does Ted Ginn get 100 too?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I know this may sound stupid, but I'm sure most of us play Madden lol. Anyway, I wonder if Madden will have him at WR this year when the game releases. 100spd WR would be pretty tough to defend, even if he is a 70overall...which I doubt he could be because he's gotta be such a great return man...I dunno just something I thought of while I was sitting here.

Sorry I should have read this before posting lol. I was just sitting up here and it came to my mind when I saw the topic...

I really don't understand why he would be the only 100 in the game...
they added new ratings though for wide outs and DB's. So there will be ratings for his route running ability, his abilty to get off press coverage, cathc in traffic etc. Just as DB's have man cover, bump and run and zone cover ratings.... you put a DB with good press coverage skills on hester(cause i am almost positive he wont be able to get off press coverage very well) then you should be able to make it fare... just some new thigns in madden to make it fare so you cant abbuse corners and LB's in coverage as you haev in the past. Sorry since we were on madden i had to put in my little say

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what my friend said five minutes ago:

"don't give him a playbook, give him a god damn cocktail napkin with doodles on it".

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we're on a short madden aside:

The bump/run press coverage man DB skills are great. They really needed to overhaul the stat tracking of the individual players, expand the training camp program, allow niche players to work they way they should, easier to create packages... the D-Line could use alot of work. And offense. shoot. The pass blocking is so weak. So weak. I play with indy, drop back, move up in the pocket and pass, and have 4 guys within inches of me. and the Pass Blocking for indy is second to none.

But, as far as Hester and Madden. Hester will get the 100, but i'm sure it won't make that much of a difference, the game is way too fast as it is, sure i have 290 lb DLiners who can still run 4.6's, acceleration, ability to shed blocks. you can't just lump that all in 'strength' because you find someone who's got great hands but isn't a tank (i.e. tommie harris). Team congruency, Amount of reps between a WR and QB should be a factor... importing players from other systems, intellegence, ability to learn new systems. Man, if you're gonna make the biggest baddest football sim. you should at least focus on the players.

that being said, hester is damn fast. damn, damn, damn fast. I'd always want to see hester cover reggie bush in the slot.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
4.5 40, hahahahahaha that's funny. Try around low 4.3's my friend, and a 4.27 on his pro day. Good try though.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

since this is Bears related/Wolfe...

he signed a 4-year contract today...

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=3429
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4.5 40, hahahahahaha that's funny. Try around low 4.3's my friend, and a 4.27 on his pro day. Good try though.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/hester_devin

What does that say his 40 time was, genious? Don't hear you laughing now.

To be honest, I don't think it will work if they use Hester a lot on offense. When the Chiefs started to use Hall more and more on offense, he became horrible at returning and really wasn't effective at WR.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

in the words of Borat : Great Success
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
what my friend said five minutes ago:

"don't give him a playbook, give him a god damn cocktail napkin with doodles on it".
Lawl. Okay, that comment has nearly made my day.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post

To be honest, I don't think it will work if they use Hester a lot on offense. When the Chiefs started to use Hall more and more on offense, he became horrible at returning and really wasn't effective at WR.
I find it hilarious that you misspelled genius, while attempting to insult someone else's intelligence.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I find it hilarious that you misspelled genius, while attempting to insult someone else's intelligence.
Glad I made you chuckle then
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
OOOO double snap!!!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:

You honestly think that Hester has 4.5 speed? That's what's funny about this whole thing. He did crappy at the combine, but he also ran a 4.27 at his pro day. Devin has easily 4.3 speed.

Btw, make sure you can spell right before you try and insult someone.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Since we're on a short madden aside:

The bump/run press coverage man DB skills are great. They really needed to overhaul the stat tracking of the individual players, expand the training camp program, allow niche players to work they way they should, easier to create packages... the D-Line could use alot of work. And offense. shoot. The pass blocking is so weak. So weak. I play with indy, drop back, move up in the pocket and pass, and have 4 guys within inches of me. and the Pass Blocking for indy is second to none.

But, as far as Hester and Madden. Hester will get the 100, but i'm sure it won't make that much of a difference, the game is way too fast as it is, sure i have 290 lb DLiners who can still run 4.6's, acceleration, ability to shed blocks. you can't just lump that all in 'strength' because you find someone who's got great hands but isn't a tank (i.e. tommie harris). Team congruency, Amount of reps between a WR and QB should be a factor... importing players from other systems, intellegence, ability to learn new systems. Man, if you're gonna make the biggest baddest football sim. you should at least focus on the players.

that being said, hester is damn fast. damn, damn, damn fast. I'd always want to see hester cover reggie bush in the slot.
I totally see your side of things. The truth is though...they can't make it too in depth, or they will lose a massive part of the buyers base that doesn't want to deal with things like that.