Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And by the way guys, that Osi quote....thats how he is.

He's a jokester and was saying it as a joke. He's the one who came up with the whole "ballin" thing. Don't take it to the titty.
Actually, Jim Jones did. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, Bobby McCray did.

http://www.nbcsports.com/marcelluswi...vs_evil_1.html

;)

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"I have officially declared myself, Chief Osi Umenyiora, the best defensive end in the NFL," he read. "To prove this fact, I will have one of the best seasons ever for a defensive end. If not, I will jump off the George Washington Bridge. I do not want to jump off the George Washington Bridge because it will be detrimental to my health."

- Osi Umenyiora a couple weeks back

Case closed
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
"I have officially declared myself, Chief Osi Umenyiora, the best defensive end in the NFL," he read. "To prove this fact, I will have one of the best seasons ever for a defensive end. If not, I will jump off the George Washington Bridge. I do not want to jump off the George Washington Bridge because it will be detrimental to my health."

- Osi Umenyiora a couple weeks back

Case closed
Did you read the 1st page?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Did you read the 1st page?
Skimmed it over. Time is money.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am quite surprised that you were able to say that about a Giant player. Usually, you pull a Flloyd Mayweather and jab and juke so we can't hit ya back.
I have nothing against the Giants, I just don't think they'll be very good.

Any team that can beat the Cowboys twice a year is ok with me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi reminds me a lot of Jason Taylor. He has a great first step and very good quickness, but is also very good against the run. Will Smith is very good, but Osi is slightly above him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Smith, he just keeps on getting better while Osi is always having an up and down season.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Just curious, where would people rank Aaron Kampman between Osi and Smith? Above, below, or in the middle?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Just curious, where would people rank Aaron Kampman between Osi and Smith? Above, below, or in the middle?
above both
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just out of pure wonder, were do you all rate Terrell Suggs with Osi and Will Smith?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I'd like to see another year out of Kampman like that. Not to say that I think it was a fluke year, but he was a full starter for a few years prior and he never had anything close to last year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'd like to see another year out of Kampman like that. Not to say that I think it was a fluke year, but he was a full starter for a few years prior and he never had anything close to last year.
He has always been a force against the run, but yeah, he went up 9 sacks from '05 to '06 - very strange. The increase was mostly because he lost about 15 pounds during the '06 offseason. Oddly enough it didn't hamper his run-stopping ability, as he also had a career high in tackles.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Just out of pure wonder, were do you all rate Terrell Suggs with Osi and Will Smith?
my 3nd best DE :)

1. Peppers
2. Seymour
3. Suggs
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

will smith went to OSU, right? ill take him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say Will Smith, though I love both.
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Smith went to a HS near mine, but i'll still take Osi.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Osi isnt even the best DE on his team

1. Strahan
2. Tuck
3. Kiwanuka, though he moved to LB
4. ...
6. OSI
Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Osi isnt even the best DE on his team

1. Strahan
2. Tuck
3. Sinorice Moss
4. ... Eli Manning
5... Brandon Jacobs
6. OSI
Minor Changes.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Minor Changes.
how could i forget Eli. the fastest..strongest..toughest player of them all
Old 05-14-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Smith could be a base end in a 4-3, a rush end in a 4-3, or an OLB in a 3-4. He is quite a complete defensive end and he'll probably make at least 5 pro bowls in his career.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Will Smith, but that's just me.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Now this is the story all about how,
My life got flipped, turned upside down,
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there,
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air.

In West Philadelphia I was born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days.
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin all cool,
And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school.

When a couple of guys who were up to no good,
Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood.
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared,
And said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel Air."

I whistled for a cab, and when it came near,
The license plate said "fresh" and it had dice in the mirror.
If anything I could say that this cat was rare,
But I thought "Nah forget it, Yo home to Bel Air."

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight,
and I yelled to the cabby "Yo homes, smell ya later."
Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there,
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Wasn't Kampman the best DE against the run and pass last year. I remember looking at something that he had the most sacks, most pressures/most knockdowns in the league as well as the most tackles for a DE.

Last edited by sodar21 : 05-15-2007 at 12:33 AM.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote