Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:10 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.
Default Most Overrated/Underrated Eagle?

Who is the most overated player on the Eagles, and most underated?
I'd have to go with..

Overated: Jevon Kearse

Underated: Jamal Jackson

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 05-16-2007 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Edited topic to promote discussion.
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good topic, Lito. I dig.

Overrated: Trotter--I said this last year. He's just not very good anymore.

Underrated: Considine--I'm not saying he's good, but people treat him like an organizational pariah, when he's a passable safety. I want to give him another season.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overrated: Hank Baskett I like the guy, but one play and people are forgetting he isn't that good. LJ Smith. Could he be a worse blocker?

Underrated: Jason Avant. Sure, he isn't very fast. But once he gets more time he will prove to be a very good 3rd receiver with good hands.
Jamaal Jackson is another one who flies under the radar.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overrated - Trotter, not much left in the tank.
Underrated - J. Jackson, he was probably our 2nd best OL last year, and that's saying something.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Overrated Trot
Underrated Considine (remember he got the job from michael lewis whom many of you like, and above Q, who it has been known for a while the eagles really like, he is going to be a great fit at SS this yera with the beefed up LB core.)
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Good topic, Lito. I dig.

Underrated: Considine--I'm not saying he's good, but people treat him like an organizational pariah, when he's a passable safety. I want to give him another season.
I agree with both. But I will say that Considine is good. I have been looking at some of last year's games, and he only played poorly in two regular season games and the game in the playoffs against the Saints, and even in that one he wasn't horrible, he just got run over a few times, and it will happen when you are facing a guy like the Saints have. (Can't remember his name right now, but I know its up there somewhere.) He didn't give up one passing TD all season, and that is saying something. Once he makes the switch to FS, he will be a very good FS.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Deuce Mcallister

Overated-LJ Smith
-he can't block and a TE should be great in our kinda offense and hes OK

Underated-Jon Runyan
-people said that he was getting pushed out and if we got LeCharles Bentley he wouldn't be an eagle but he is still very good (he man-handled Peppers last year)

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

r u shiting me jevon kearse overrated haha
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
Deuce Mcallister

Overated-LJ Smith
-he can't block and a TE should be great in our kinda offense and hes OK

Underated-Jon Runyan
-people said that he was getting pushed out and if we got LeCharles Bentley he wouldn't be an eagle but he is still very good (he man-handled Peppers last year)
Runyan was holding Peppers and cheating all game. But that's why he's good he's a vet and knows how to do that without being blatantly obvious and gets away with it. That's what I love about Runyan.

Overrated: Trotter he's the only choice here IMO.
Underrated: Jamaal Jackson he doesn't get nearly enough respect, I think he's the best center in our division.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trotter. Good at some things, really bad at others.

But my team has a linebacker with the same problem.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
reese

j. kearse overrated? r u serious? if ur gonna say that then please back it up with somethin
Old 05-17-2007, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
j. kearse overrated? r u serious? if ur gonna say that then please back it up with somethin
His Mike Mumula like production in philadelphia?

To be honest with you i think kearse does well and individual defensive statistics are overrated *for example i think he played great in 2004 dispite not having the greatest of numbers, the team was getting a ton of sacks and he can be credited for getting pressure helping colaspe the pocket etc. But he has a very good case for labeling him as overrated
Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Runyan was holding Peppers and cheating all game. But that's why he's good he's a vet and knows how to do that without being blatantly obvious and gets away with it. That's what I love about Runyan.

Overrated: Trotter he's the only choice here IMO.
Underrated: Jamaal Jackson he doesn't get nearly enough respect, I think he's the best center in our division.
He is easily the best center in the division, and may develop further into a Pro-Bowler.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:07 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Overrated: Hank Baskett I like the guy, but one play and people are forgetting he isn't that good. LJ Smith. Could he be a worse blocker?

Underrated: Jason Avant. Sure, he isn't very fast. But once he gets more time he will prove to be a very good 3rd receiver with good hands.
Jamaal Jackson is another one who flies under the radar.
He didn't just have on big play dude he contributed in many games and had 2 200 yard recieving games i think? I'm prolly wrong on that but he was in hundreds in 2 games..every game that he caught more then 3 passes he had over a hundred yards..

^ bantx
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-17-2007, 07:11 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Good topic, Lito. I dig.

Well I'll say he's good, he is, he had a good year and didn't give up alot of big plays..it seems like once he got ran over (Only happened once) then he suddenly got labeled as sucking..(Deuce ran him over)..
IMO he has good coverge skills and really improved tackling twoards the end of the season.

Also Jamal Jackson was snubbed out of the pro bowl this year, I belive he blocks much better in zone coverge then Hank Fraley as well correct?

^ bantx
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-17-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoSheppard View Post
He didn't just have on big play dude he contributed in many games and had 2 200 yard recieving games i think? I'm prolly wrong on that but he was in hundreds in 2 games..every game that he caught more then 3 passes he had over a hundred yards..
He had 2 hundred yard games. 3/112/1 vs. Dallas in the 38-24 win, and 7/177/1 vs. the Falcons in the last game of the year. Your 3 reception point is accurate, but he's gotta get open more consistently
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
Look at Kearse's numbers. Look at his salary. Look at his age and the fact that he's coming off knee surgery. He's overrated right now until he helps the Eagles get a 5-6 sack game against Green Bay in Week 1.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-17-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Baskett is a good secondary and 3/4 WR package guy, but he's not a full time starter in the NFL yet. I love that he's on my team, and he's made some great plays, but the guy has a lot of room to get better. I don't know if he's overrated. I think he's rated properly. No one is clammoring for him to be the #1, and no one expects more than 40-45 catches next season.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
He had 2 hundred yard games. 3/112/1 vs. Dallas in the 38-24 win, and 7/177/1 vs. the Falcons in the last game of the year. Your 3 reception point is accurate, but he's gotta get open more consistently
Have people overrated Hank? i was not aware. He is full of potential now, and he should be a solid 3 and of course his physical skills can project to a #1 but i dont think anybody is expecting 1000 yards out of the guy. The only rookie WR to come in and have better #'s than the undrafted Hank Baskett was Reggie Brown... so make what you want of it.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Underrated- DONOVAN MCNABB

This guy is still a pro-bowl QB who can make every single throw on the feild. He better stay atleast 3-4 more years baring injury. I don't know why some of you guys want him out. C'mon.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Black Majic

How is Kearse overrated when no one thinks his game was what it used to be. I thought overrated meant people hype him all the time.(Thats not happen'n) I think he's underrated. Look at our D the first few games. Tell me he's not a playmaker. Overrated is Cole. Basically a one way player. Please dont argue with this. Even he claims he's a pass rusher
Old 05-17-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majic View Post
How is Kearse overrated when no one thinks his game was what it used to be. I thought overrated meant people hype him all the time.(Thats not happen'n) I think he's underrated. Look at our D the first few games. Tell me he's not a playmaker. Overrated is Cole. Basically a one way player. Please dont argue with this. Even he claims he's a pass rusher
You make an excellent point about Cole. I will admit that his contract extension is a perfect fit for a situational pass rusher. I think he's a poor man's Derrick Burgess.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Underrated- DONOVAN MCNABB

This guy is still a pro-bowl QB who can make every single throw on the feild. He better stay atleast 3-4 more years baring injury. I don't know why some of you guys want him out. C'mon.
I don't think anyone is calling for McNabb to be out of a job or out of Philly. We're looking at reality. McNabb is 31 and has finished 3 of the last 5 seasons on IR. He's coming off his most serious injury yet. Most people aren't pushing McNabb out the door, but the idea that there could be continuity and limited growing pains when McNabb is done is a comforting thought.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, but some eagle fans on this board are already calling for it to happen.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoSheppard View Post
Well I'll say he's good, he is, he had a good year and didn't give up alot of big plays..it seems like once he got ran over (Only happened once) then he suddenly got labeled as sucking..(Deuce ran him over)..
IMO he has good coverge skills and really improved tackling twoards the end of the season.

Also Jamal Jackson was snubbed out of the pro bowl this year, I belive he blocks much better in zone coverge then Hank Fraley as well correct?
It's not that Considine gets run over all the time. His tackling ability does need work, but he doesn't take it to the RB quickly enough. Considine doesn't stuff the run at the LOS like Lewis was able to, hopefully this will change now that Considine has more experience he will diagnose run plays more quickly.