Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.
Default Roger Goodells Legacy So Far

How would you define it? I would define it as setting the law down on player behavior.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
How would you define it? I would define it as setting the law down on player behavior.
I was going to say something along the lines of hard-nosed and doesn't take any garbage, but that will do.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's doing well, I think the heavy handedness is needed, a lot of the guys getting in trouble are still fairly young, they're still immature.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

He's a aight commish, but to me it seems like he's trying to do too much too fast. and i definitely don't like the idea of the super bowl in another country.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's very Ward-esque. I can dig it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:33 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Goodell is God.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
He's very Ward-esque. I can dig it.
that's exactly how I would describe him the Warden of the NFL.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
At first I didn't like him, but as long as he doesn't take it to a David Stern level, I support what he is doing.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's a reasonable guy and he lays down the law.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

His player conduct policy is the greatest thing since the forward pass.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Goodell is God.
God-ell?

10 Char

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
His player conduct policy is the greatest thing since the forward pass.
I'm so glad to see he's really cracking down on guys like pac-man, guys like him need to know that just because everyone knows them doesn't mean they can get away with things

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like him because he does all the things that seem so obvious, which a lot of other commissioners don't do. I like him even more because he is starting talk about shortening the time between draft picks, very nice, and very due. I like what he is doing.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Goodell is doing the "new teacher" thing right now. He has his agenda, and he's coming out really tough because he wants the "students" (players, agents, coaches, media) to take him seriously. As time goes by, he will stay stern, but now that he has attention and respect, he can ease off a little. I think he's playing his hand beautifully. I like the implementation of the player-conduct policy. I'm not a fan of the international games at all. There are too many logistical issues, and it's not good for the players to have to do these transatlantic flights for the glory of the NFL's next TV contract. The 17th game/international flavor is just silly.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i likes i likes
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He likes to bust balls.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love what Goodell is doing. He's cleaning up Tagliabue's mess. Tagliabue created this monster, and Goodell is taking the proper steps to destroy it. Love him as a commish so far. He's a much more active commish than Tags was so far. Everything, not just player behavior.

His ideas of shortening the draft, how he brought Brady Quinn in his lounge when Tags left Rodgers to dry in the public eyes during the draft, his ideas of expanding the NFL etc. Much more proactive.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldn't he is a improvement over tagliabue, but then again it would be hard to top what he did, he is at least on par with him right now and i'm fine with that

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I love what Goodell is doing. He's cleaning up Tagliabue's mess. Tagliabue created this monster, and Goodell is taking the proper steps to destroy it. Love him as a commish so far. He's a much more active commish than Tags was so far. Everything, not just player behavior.

His ideas of shortening the draft, how he brought Brady Quinn in his lounge when Tags left Rodgers to dry in the public eyes during the draft, his ideas of expanding the NFL etc. Much more proactive.
The shortening of the draft is something I was going to mention actually. I think it will be beneficial in the long run for everyone should this actually happen. The Brady thing was a nice PR stunt for him I guess as well.

Considering where I am from I actually wouldn't like him to move the SuperBowl and would be a bit disappointed for the Americans if he did. The fact of the matter is it would be like moving a soccer final here over the US.

Overall I have been pretty impressed. His tough stance on problem players and the potential ramifications he could have on the draft mean the future of the NFL is looking better than ever.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tags>Goodell

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

defined by one quote:

"goodell don't play that ****"

i think he's actually done a solid job, i agree with most of the suspensions, but not the yearly one. doesn't that give him more time to do nothing with his life, and cause a higher risk for something else to happen. i agree with suspending him but, definitely not the whole season.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im liking Goodell honestly, he is taking a hard line on off-field problems, something I am not a fan of, but hes doing it the right way. Hes meeting with the players personally and still treating them with respect.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodell is handling a lot of different issues. I think he should focus on the strength of the game in domestic markets before he goes overboard with overseas games. Teams like the Bills are having issues filling their stadium and making enough money to compete. He should be focusing on new ways for them to realize revenues. He should also consider more funding to get teams in need new stadiums.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Good so far, he should take some of the power away from the NFLPA though.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i love what he is doing. He is bringing dignity back to sports and to being an athlete