Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

When the league and player negotiations come around again he had to be strong and direct. If he was letting these pisants get off with all of these crimes he wouldn't have the leverage to do that. He isn't taking **** from anyone so when negotiations come around he can just say i don't dig it fix the damn contract and it will be done.

side note. he's shaking things up. i wish other people who are in power of different entities would change things also.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
side note. he's shaking things up. i wish other people who are in power of different entities would change things also.
Do I smell a revolution? Viva la revolution!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
i love what he is doing. He is bringing dignity back to sports and to being an athlete
When did dignity ever leave?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no nonsense, clean image Commish

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
td vy 10

all he cares about is making money instead of trying to make the game better. the 17th game is dumb. moving the superbowl to another country, thats dumb. hell i even think shortening the draft is dumb. he just wants to make money off it so he's trying to make the draft primetime. personally if i was an owner i would want 15minutes to pick whoever i'm going to pay millions to and can possibly set the franchise back 4 years. i dont think the draft should be catered to casual fans just kuz goodell wants more money.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A hard ass...but it's good for the league.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Too strict, or maybe it's because he is using pacman as an example. I don't know if it is right to suspend someone for a season who has never been convicted of anything, or suspend them at all.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is coming off as very power hungry. Concerning himself far to much in things other than football.

Suspensions are bad, I will always feel that way, how long until we get a ridiculous situation like the NBA has just had with Amare and Diaw? Goodell is being far to heavy handed and brash with his decisions, needs to be far more calculated.

You cant just suspend guys for being associated with a crime. Otherwise he better get started on half the league. May as well start with Marshawn Lynch who was accused of a crime. Absolutely have to go with innocent until proven guilty.

All that said, if he is going to act like he has with Pacman he must stay consistent. Which means that guys like Tank Johnson, who have actually committed a crime, need to get at least a year and a half. If accusation = 1 year, guilty should = 2 years. It wont though, this is always the problem with an overbearing and over involved commissioner they rule on everything and you lose all consistency and common sense, just like Stern has in the NBA and the end result is the league loses more credibility than one player could ever do, just like the NBA.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:08 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

The NFL is the wild west with hoodlums, thugs, and their posse. There is a new sheriff in town and his name is Roger Goodell. He is taking back the streets for the law abiding citizens of the NFL.

It's the NFL, not the Bloods and Crypts.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Too strict? Gimme me a break.

When you continually abuse your privileges like Adam Jones has you deserve a kick in the ass. Playing this sport is a privilege, not a right.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAttack View Post
Too strict? Gimme me a break.

When you continually abuse your privileges like Adam Jones has you deserve a kick in the ass. Playing this sport is a privilege, not a right.
Yup. And that's what Goodell is saying to the league.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think he is involving himself in the personal lives of the players to much. When has an employer ever imposed a curfew on its employees?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I just think he is involving himself in the personal lives of the players to much. When has an employer ever imposed a curfew on its employees?
What are the details of the curfew that he proposed?
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote