Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 460
Reputation: 1190
Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.
Default Notre Dame 2008 prospects

Where will these prospects go?

-John Carlson
-Travis Thomas
-John Sullivan
-Ambrose Wooden
-Tom Zibikowski
-Maurice Crum
-Trevor Laws
-Terrel Lambert
__________________
Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!
Axl Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 801
Reputation: 361
OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Ambrose Wooden is one of the worst corners i have seen in college football the past few years, i would expect him to go undrafted
__________________
OhioState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 460
Reputation: 1190
Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
Ambrose Wooden is one of the worst corners i have seen in college football the past few years, i would expect him to go undrafted
A lot of the blame goes to former d-coordinator Rick Minter, his coaching had the secondary out of place many times.
__________________
Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!
Axl Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 3,892
Reputation: 2331
HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

i like travis thomas based on the fact he's athletic and played on both sides of the ball... if he has a good year at
RB ... im thinking 4th round
__________________

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_D25D6TUTDA

That's what Mario Manningham thinks of Lambert and Wooden. I think Zbikowski has been vastly overrated, you'll notice him in that video too providing "excellent" over the top coverage. I love Carlson, I could see him as a late first/early 2nd kind of guy. I think he's one of the best TEs in the country. I don't know enough about the others to comment. When you ask about Travis Thomas, you asking at LB or RB?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,316
Reputation: 29558
Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

sullivan is the only player i like. zbikowski, wooden, and lambert are all wastes of picks
__________________
I'm a state.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
giant73zuma
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Basking Ridge NJ
Posts: 311
Reputation: 461
giant73zuma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giant73zuma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Zibby really sucked it up last season but he said he has lost weight and feels better about the shape he's in. He said he's stopped trying to be a boxer and his trying to be a d-back. Hopefully he'll back to being a pretty goof saftey like he was two years ago. Hopefully the new d-coordinator can coach him up a lot too.

Carlson is really good. Depending on his workouts he could definately be a first rounder.

lambert and Wooden are horrible
and I don't think thomas is gonna start this year. I think that soph. is gonna start, can remember his name
__________________
Big Blue Wrecking Crew

Last edited by giant73zuma : 05-17-2007 at 07:48 PM.
giant73zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 235
Reputation: 85
IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
Where will these prospects go?

-John Carlson
-Travis Thomas
-John Sullivan
-Ambrose Wooden
-Tom Zibikowski
-Maurice Crum
-Trevor Laws
-Terrel Lambert
John Carlson- 2nd Round, although I believe he is the best Tight End in the country, and first round talent...unless you put up great measurables of a TE its tough to go in round 1. huge guy with great athletic ability but he's not gonna run a 4.4 like Olsen did, or not gonna put the measurables of a Kellen Winslow or Vernon Davis obviously.

John Sullivan- late 2nd-early 3rd, he is a versatile player that can be a big factor, and could be rated a lot higher if the ND OL as a whole sticks up.

Travis Thomas- ND has tons of talent at the RB position, but I think Travis Thomas is gonna be the main guy. He has a very good frame, but he has little starting experience at RB. Rounds 5-7 are possibilities.

Ambrose Wooden- great measurables, could be a sleeper, should have a much better season with Corwin Brown as defensive coordinator. Plus don't be surprised by a 4.4 or even 4.3. Round 3 seems like a chance, but then again round 6-7 is a possibility if he doesn't come around this year, but I like his chances

Tom Zbikowski- a very hyped up player. He's produced 2 out of 3 years he's been in college, unfortunately his junior year has been his worse..Him again with a new defensive coordinator can return to form. He's versatile as he is a heck of a punt returner as well....Round 2 is a great possibility, but being undersized and without a very productive season, Round 3 is also very likely.

Maurice Crum- produces at the college level, but undersized. I'm not for sure, I know he's listed as a senior, but I think he would have another year of eligibility. Probably a Round 7 guy if getting drafted, but I don't think he comes out next year.

Terrail Lambert- Again, another guy I think with a year of eligibility, correct me if I'm wrong. The potential is there, as he shined at points, and absolutely burned at times. With some coaching he can be solid. Can't make a prediction, because he could possibly have 2 years left, which would be very valuable for a player like him.

Trevor Laws- absolutely love this guy. has started every game the past 2 years, and if he stays healthy this year, it would be his 3rd straight year starting every game. He could have been a hero in the USC game 2 years ago, when sacking Leinart to set up a 4th and 14, but we all know what happened there. Also blocked a kick in the Fiesta Bowl against the Buckeyes. I would love to see him go in Round 3, but Round 3-4 seems like the mix.
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBrowns View Post
John Carlson- 2nd Round, although I believe he is the best Tight End in the country, and first round talent...unless you put up great measurables of a TE its tough to go in round 1. huge guy with great athletic ability but he's not gonna run a 4.4 like Olsen did, or not gonna put the measurables of a Kellen Winslow or Vernon Davis obviously.

John Sullivan- late 2nd-early 3rd, he is a versatile player that can be a big factor, and could be rated a lot higher if the ND OL as a whole sticks up.

Travis Thomas- ND has tons of talent at the RB position, but I think Travis Thomas is gonna be the main guy. He has a very good frame, but he has little starting experience at RB. Rounds 5-7 are possibilities.

Ambrose Wooden- great measurables, could be a sleeper, should have a much better season with Corwin Brown as defensive coordinator. Plus don't be surprised by a 4.4 or even 4.3. Round 3 seems like a chance, but then again round 6-7 is a possibility if he doesn't come around this year, but I like his chances

Tom Zbikowski- a very hyped up player. He's produced 2 out of 3 years he's been in college, unfortunately his junior year has been his worse..Him again with a new defensive coordinator can return to form. He's versatile as he is a heck of a punt returner as well....Round 2 is a great possibility, but being undersized and without a very productive season, Round 3 is also very likely.

Maurice Crum- produces at the college level, but undersized. I'm not for sure, I know he's listed as a senior, but I think he would have another year of eligibility. Probably a Round 7 guy if getting drafted, but I don't think he comes out next year.

Terrail Lambert- Again, another guy I think with a year of eligibility, correct me if I'm wrong. The potential is there, as he shined at points, and absolutely burned at times. With some coaching he can be solid. Can't make a prediction, because he could possibly have 2 years left, which would be very valuable for a player like him.

Trevor Laws- absolutely love this guy. has started every game the past 2 years, and if he stays healthy this year, it would be his 3rd straight year starting every game. He could have been a hero in the USC game 2 years ago, when sacking Leinart to set up a 4th and 14, but we all know what happened there. Also blocked a kick in the Fiesta Bowl against the Buckeyes. I would love to see him go in Round 3, but Round 3-4 seems like the mix.
Tons of talent? Darius Walker just went undrafted, and their current guys couldn't beat him out. Please tell me who the studs are
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Posts: 3,201
Reputation: 17602
-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Notre Dame has draft prospects?
__________________


-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ain't know one ***** with tiny hippo. ain't no one
Posts: 28,937
Reputation: 4311147
fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

there is a vast difference in opinion of these players between ND fans and those who aren't

John Carlson will probably be the 5th TE taken behind Fred Davis, Martellus Bennett, Joey Haynos & Martin Rucker

Z is vastly overrated imo if he went to any other school he wouldn't even be considered for the 1st day right now, but he has a year to prove me wrong

Sullivan will probably be the 2nd or 3rd Center taken a 3rd rounder
__________________

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ace deuce
Posts: 195
Reputation: -7
supermario86 needs more cowbell.
Default

Zibby also has a bit more value just cuz he could be decent in the return game
__________________
supermario86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,316
Reputation: 29558
Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Zibby also has a bit more value just cuz he could be decent in the return game
he was pretty underwhelming last year at it
__________________
I'm a state.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.