Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.
Default Your Breakout 07 Rookies

Which rookies this season do you think will fare the best?

Mine:
Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Marshawn Lynch
Paul Posluzny
Darrelle Revis

Thats my top 5 imo I think Peterson will do well in platoon with Taylor but will really breakout the next year. I think Lynch could have a rookie season similiar to of what Caddy had. There are a couple of guys who I think need to learn their systems first before they breakout (Willis, Landry).
Old 05-18-2007, 08:08 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LaRon Landry will be a top 10 safety in the NFL from the first snap.

I also get the feeling, for some reason, that Brandon Jackson is going to have a really good rookie year.

List:
Landry
Jackson
CJ
Joe Thomas
Dwayne Bowe
Chris Henry
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post

I also get the feeling, for some reason, that Brandon Jackson is going to have a really good rookie year.

List:
Landry
Jackson
CJ
Joe Thomas
Dwayne Bowe
Chris Henry
the workout warrior who never produced?

My list wold be, in no order:

Willis
CJ
Landry
Lynch
Peterson
Thomas
Weddle
Blalock

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
the workout warrior who never produced?
That's the one.

I don't see LenDale White doing too much this year. Somebody's got to get the carries in Tennessee, and they thought highly enough of the workout warrior to take him in the 2nd round.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
um. doubtful.
gregg williams has been slacking. and with his apparent failure at archuleta. i'm not 100% sure that it's back to normal.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
um. doubtful.
gregg williams has been slacking. and with his apparent failure at archuleta. i'm not 100% sure that it's back to normal.
Are you comparing Archuleta's talent to Landry's?

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the one.

I don't see LenDale White doing too much this year. Somebody's got to get the carries in Tennessee, and they thought highly enough of the workout warrior to take him in the 2nd round.
And everybody has been wondering why ever since.
I agree he'll break out, but for Henry, production wise, a 3.8 YPC and 500 yds would be considered 'breaking out'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
And everybody has been wondering why ever since.
I agree he'll break out, but for Henry, production wise, a 3.8 YPC and 500 yds would be considered 'breaking out'
Eh... guys sometimes end up being better in the pros than they were in college. I don't know what the problem with Henry was at Arizona, but whatever it was, it's correctable. For whatever reason, he never got many carries. The man has all the tools.

Besides, somebody's got to get the carries in Tennessee, and like I said, LenDale isn't going to get the bulk IMO. I could see something like 225 carries for 875 yards (3.9 avg) with 6-8 TDs for Henry. I think he'll be one of the most productive rookies based solely on the backfield situation on his team. Same goes for Brandon Jackson.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iíll throw out some mid/late round guys

Ikaika Alama-Francis, could end up starting. Lions need better talent on the field he could surprise.

Quentin Moses, Could also end up starting and will be playing opposite Burgess, and with Burgess taking up most of the double teams Moses can make a big impact.

Ben Patrick, Iím shocked he fell so far, more offense for the Cards, might even push to start

Prescott Burgess, He will be this years verison of Landry for the Ravens.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None FIrst Rounders:
Poz
Turk McBride will be solid.
Tim Crowder
Jason Hill
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
None FIrst Rounders:
Poz
Turk McBride will be solid.
Tim Crowder
Jason Hill
I'm going to cry my eyes out if Poz is any good.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at me! I'm going to write down the names of players taken in the top 45 picks, and I'm going to call them breakout players, even though they're SUPPOSED to contribute right away...

I give credit to Bored for at least trying.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lynch will have a big impact. I hope Zack Miller proves him self in the preseason/minicamps so he can be a starter.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus McCauley - A steal in the 3rd round, has to potential to be really good, or really bad.

Laurent Robinson - Starting alongside Joe Horn and Michael Jenkins, will not see great coverage and will have the oppurtunity to make big plays.

Dwayne Jarrett - With Steve Smith constantly double-covered, I believe he can consistently be found open.

Yamon Figurs - Will make an immediate "Devin Hester like" impact as a returner. (not as good as Devin, but I can see around 3 TDs and a ton of yards)

Michael Bush - If healthy, is a huge playmaker, and with the supposed rejuvination of the Raiders offense, I believe he'll have a chance to make those plays.

Charles Johnson - Was projected to go late 1-2, and ended up in the 3rd. He can both rush the pass and stop the run, and if he starts, he can make some plays.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Look at me! I'm going to write down the names of players taken in the top 45 picks, and I'm going to call them breakout players, even though they're SUPPOSED to contribute right away...

I give credit to Bored for at least trying.
So you wouldn't call the likes of Vince Young, Demeco Ryans, and Maurice Jones-Drew breakout players last season??

Whether or not they're supposed to contribute right away is irrelevant. Every year, there is a small group of rookies who stand head and shoulders above the rest. This is what this thread is all about. Expecting people to try and name the next Colston is a bit unrealistic, if that's what you meant. In any case, I'm sorry that you felt the need to throw in your pompously uncalled-for two cents.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This years Marques Colston is Justin Medlock!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

Alan Branch
P Willie
Robert Meacham
Old 05-18-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you wouldn't call the likes of Vince Young, Demeco Ryans, and Maurice Jones-Drew breakout players last season??

Whether or not they're supposed to contribute right away is irrelevant. Every year, there is a small group of rookies who stand head and shoulders above the rest. This is what this thread is all about. Expecting people to try and name the next Colston is a bit unrealistic, if that's what you meant. In any case, I'm sorry that you felt the need to throw in your pompously uncalled-for two cents.
They were all breakout players. The point that I was making is that anyone can say that a top 45 pick will be a breakout player. In most cases, these top picks are expected to be starting by their second year in the worst case. It takes real balls and foresight to talk about later picks as breakout guys. That was my point. The real point I made was commending Bored of Education for trying to talk about later draft picks who have a chance to make an impact.

I'm not asking people to pick the next Colston. I would expect a little more creativity than thinking that Calvin Johnson will break out this season.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-18-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
They were all breakout players. The point that I was making is that anyone can say that a top 45 pick will be a breakout player. In most cases, these top picks are expected to be starting by their second year. It takes real balls and foresight to talk about later picks as breakout guys That is the point.

I'm not asking people to pick the next Colston. I would expect a little more creativity than thinking that Calvin Johnson will break out this season.
I see your point, but the way you came off sounded as if a first or second round pick cannot be considered a breakout rookie because he's simply performing up to expectations. If every first or second round rookie performed up to their team's expectations, we would have Pro Bowl and All-Pro teams littered with rooks.

I'd like to think I went out on somewhat of a limb with Brandon Jackson and Chris Henry... CJ may be the all-too-obvious choice, but you're probably going to hear it a lot in this thread, so just try to grin and bear it.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Brandon Jackson
Isaiah Stanback
Joe Newton (could actually take over starting spot as UDFA rookie)
Dwayne Jarrett
Yamon Figurs

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Tubby, do you like Isaiah StanbacK?
Quote:
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
Brandon Jackson
Isaiah Stanback
Joe Newton (could actually take over starting spot as UDFA rookie)
Dwayne Jarrett
Yamon Figurs
COPYCAT!!!!
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leon Hall
Kenny Irons
Marvin White

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I love Marvin White. dude is beastly!!!!!!!! one of the steals of the draft
Quote:
Old 05-18-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
I see your point, but the way you came off sounded as if a first or second round pick cannot be considered a breakout rookie because he's simply performing up to expectations. If every first or second round rookie performed up to their team's expectations, we would have Pro Bowl and All-Pro teams littered with rooks.

I'd like to think I went out on somewhat of a limb with Brandon Jackson and Chris Henry... CJ may be the all-too-obvious choice, but you're probably going to hear it a lot in this thread, so just try to grin and bear it.
I apologize for my tone. I also started writing my comment before I saw your post. You went out on a limb as well, so I'm sorry.

My initial post was a little much, and I didn't mean anything by it. Those who know me know that I hold everyone on the board to a high standard and to discuss football beyond what you can read on any other website. I am all for first round hype, but it's the middle and late round success stories that really set teams apart.