Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-18-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Deltha a No Show at Voluntaries

Told Marvin he'd be there and didn't show up. He's a major head case.

I'm hoping that Oliver can by some miracle last till the 3rd round of the supplemental draft then dump Deltha. I mean, we'll lose Keiwan next year anyway (I think) and Deltha will be gone after this year anyway so why not go ahead and draft the nickel back of the future in Oliver and whenever him/Hall come up for new contracts just take the cheaper of the two.

This is, of course, assuming that he would last till the 3rd which might be a long shot.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Told Marvin he'd be there and didn't show up. He's a major head case.

I'm hoping that Oliver can by some miracle last till the 3rd round of the supplemental draft then dump Deltha. I mean, we'll lose Keiwan next year anyway (I think) and Deltha will be gone after this year anyway so why not go ahead and draft the nickel back of the future in Oliver and whenever him/Hall come up for new contracts just take the cheaper of the two.

This is, of course, assuming that he would last till the 3rd which might be a long shot.
i hope so to, but i dont think it will happen. Deltha will be replaced soon enough by hall. Evewn if i think Oliver is better than Hall, we have to solid young guys at corner. I dont think we get another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the more the merrier. they wont do it though...

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's how I look at it.

Brooks and Keiwan are UFA's next offseason and I'm sure Keiwan will leave. I see little reason to believe Deltha will be around next year either.

That could potentially leave our CB's as Blue Adams, Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph. I really doubt they pass over him if we have a shot at him 3rd round considering we may have a comp. 3rd round pick from Steinbach anyway.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand that at all: why leave open an opportunity to lose your starting job to Leon Hall, who the Bengals thought highly enough to spend a Top 20 pick, even if the odds may be slightly in your favor? Especially when this is likely O'Neal's last year in Cincinnati, and he can use this year to show his wares to 31 other teams should he in fact become a free agent after 2007?
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deltha has dropped a lot in the eyes of many people lately. He was a savior when him and Tory were ballhawks now he is acting like a bum
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Geo you're dead on. Deltha has slipped (he was unhappy with his contract situation last year as well) and we have Hall there waiting to replace him.

I think what he's shooting for is to be released and signed to a bigger deal. It's fairly safe to assume he's gone next year anyway and his stock will be way down from what it is assuming he keeps up at this bum pace he's been at. Hall will take his job then all he is is a washed up CB that's a nickel back.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think there's any chance Oliver goes to Cincy for a second? It's a pretty high price to pay, but he doesn't have exactly the same character issues as Brooks did and he is still a first round talent. If he's there in the third I'm sure they snap him up, but another team probably would also, possibly a team that would be earlier. But in the second they might have a better shot. Just worth considering.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't think they'll burn a second rounder because it's hard to justify 2 1st's and a 2nd on a CB in 2 years. Plus we'll likely have 2 3rd's next year with our comp pick from Steinbach. A 2nd wouldn't completely surprise me but I doubt it.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is Oliver?

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paul Oliver, CB for Georgia. Many had him as the top CB for 2008. He apparently didn't get the grades to play next year so he may enter the supp. draft.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw, he shut down Calvin Johnson big time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote