Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 2nd Best NFL RB

The obvious best is LT, but you would you put right below him?

I would put steven jackson. He is a pile pusher but has good speed and is very versitale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ
Jackson
Gore
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT. It's kind of like the second rule of Fight Club.

Realistically, I'd say Brian Westbrook, he is slick. I think Adrian Peterson is going to explode onto the scene though.

Last edited by CC.SD : 05-18-2007 at 05:12 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

So many great ones, and Steven Jackson is close but Frank Gore will take LT's number one spot in 2 years..As of now Gore is second

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gore is 4th or 5th

1. LT
2. LJ
3. Jackson
4. Gore/Westbrook
5. Gore/Westbrook
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i love Gore since im a U fan but i gotta go with Jackson..hes strong..fast..and catches very well out of backfield

1. LT
2. Jackson
3. Gore
4. Johnson
5. Westbrook
6. Portis(if he was healthy i woulda put him #3 :(
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Honestly for the Bucs WCO, I would take Westbrook.

Hmm, Larry Johnson is the best pure runner. Then Steven Jackson.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it comes to just running the rock I would take LJ after LT but Steven Jackson is by far a better all around back then LJ.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 - 5 is pretty close really. Gore, Jackson, LJ and Portis could all claim the no.2 on their day

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldn't put Gore ahead of LJ or Jackson or Portis or McAlister or Edge or Alexander or Parker (homer pick) thats about it maybe one or two more that i am not thinking of right now, but that looks good to me.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i wouldn't put Gore ahead of LJ or Jackson or Portis or McAlister or Edge or Alexander or Parker (homer pick) thats about it maybe one or two more that i am not thinking of right now, but that looks good to me.
Ok so where does the leagues no.3 rusher (Gore) rate on your scale ?

Last edited by ninerfan : 05-18-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go with Jackson. I love his versatility he brings to the table.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

behind all of those guys. so hold let me scroll and count.......9

Old 05-18-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
When it comes to just running the rock I would take LJ after LT but Steven Jackson is by far a better all around back then LJ.
^^^^And that my friends is exactly how not to be a homer.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
I completely agree, I just don't buy into what Gore is selling.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

yea it was one good year in which noone was ready for him. and he runs in the NFC west. with all those good defenses, it will be hard to repeat that performance. (sarcasm) :)

Old 05-18-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a huge supporter of Larry Johnson and Gore still has plenty to prove, so I'll go with Steven Jackson.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
behind all of those guys. so hold let me scroll and count.......9
hahahaha thanks for the laugh

Gore ran 1695 @ 5.4 per carry (best in top 20) on a side that had no WR's or legit passing game. He faced defenses stacked against the run but he still got it done.

BTW the 9th best RB last yr ran for 500 yards less @ 4.0 per carry !! This is not a homer call but I think Gore is a little better than 9th

Old 05-18-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
hahahaha thanks for the laugh

Gore ran 1695 @ 5.4 per carry (best in top 20) on a side that had no WR's or legit passing game. He faced defenses stacked against the run but he still got it done.

BTW the 9th best RB last yr ran for 500 yards less @ 4.0 per carry !! This is not a homer call but I think Gore is a little better than 9th
As he terrible said, against the NFC West. No one was ready and most of those run defenses are jokes...actually all of them are.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

well i obviously have some reason for what i am saying because other ppl have agreed with me and to just throw this out there, this thread is completely opinionated. so i gave mine.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

I'm not saying Gore is no.1 but he is in the 2-5 range with others on their day

Old 05-18-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

and i respect your opinion, i just don't agree with it.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see how you could say that Gore isn't a top 5 back after watching what he did last year. By the same token, if you're knocking him because of his division, what is Steven Jackson doing so high?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I don't really see how you could say that Gore isn't a top 5 back after watching what he did last year. By the same token, if you're knocking him because of his division, what is Steven Jackson doing so high?
my top 5:

1. LT
2. Steve Jackson
3. Frank Gore
4. LArry Johnson
5. Brian Westbrook.

i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

because Jackson is more of a complete back than Gore and Gore was a suprise like i said. Gore only has done something one year so he has a lot to prove to me, especially with the injuries of past, just to see if he can make it.