Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So is Frank Gore this year's Larry Johnson?
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

Larry Johnson #2 easily.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Like to see Gore get some love.

But I say LT, SJax, then Gore (look at ninerfan's reasons).

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ easily

Steven Jackson is overrated... He pads his stats against bad teams and struggles against the better ones... In 10 out of his 16 games, he rushed for under 100 yards.

I like Frank Gore, but he only play at this level for about 2 or 3 more years because of his injuries.

Portis is also overrated... He became famous by playing in Denver's ZBS, which anyone can do well in. Plus only 1 game over 100 yards last season in his 8 games. He's a good back, just not top 5.

Not a big fan of Willis either

I do like Joseph Addai, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Laurence Maroney as future studs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the games Steven Jackson didn't reach 100 yards he averaged 6.7 catches and 56.9 yards. Pretty good!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Also look at the division Frank Gore and Steven Jackson are in. The NFC West isn't exactly a group of powerhouses on defense. Ladainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson had go go up against some very solid defenses in the AFC West.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Number 2 RB in the NFL right now is Stephen Jackson, he's just a good of a ball runner as LJ and Gore and he's got better hands than them both.

Hell if I was picking second in my fantasy draft coming up he'd be my pick. The kid is a stud/

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Number 2 RB in the NFL right now is Stephen Jackson, he's just a good of a ball runner as LJ and Gore and he's got better hands than them both.

Hell if I was picking second in my fantasy draft coming up he'd be my pick. The kid is a stud/
If he was as good of a ball runner as LJ and Gore, why does he consisently under produce in a weaker division than LJ's division. Also, LJ is a very underrated pass catcher.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

My top 10 looks something like this:

1. LT
2. S. Jackson
3. C. Portis
4. B. Westbrook
5. W. Parker (some respect for a steeler)
6. F. Gore
7. S. Alexander
8. W. McGahee
9. L. Johnson
10. R. Johnson

And yes I would take all 8 of those guys over LJ.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Larry Johnson- 1,789 yards, 4.3 average
Steven Jackson- 1,528 yards, 4.4 average

Stats don't show Jackson is better. Larry Johnson has two straight seasons of 1,750+ yards. Nobody fears Jackson the way they fear Larry Johnson.

Not to mention, Jackson had the benfit for most of the year of a better offensive line, better quarterback, and better offensive weapons to draw the pressure off of him. Teams couldn't stack the box against the Rams or they would get burnt by Holt and Bruce. Teams were free to stack the box against the Chiefs and the only weapon they had to worry about was Tony Gonzalez.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
My top 10 looks something like this:

1. LT
2. S. Jackson
3. C. Portis
4. B. Westbrook
5. W. Parker (some respect for a steeler)
6. F. Gore
7. S. Alexander
8. W. McGahee
9. L. Johnson
10. R. Johnson

And yes I would take all 8 of those guys over LJ.

That is nothing short of ignorant.

Larry Johnson was the Chiefs' entire offense last year. None of those other guys carried the load the way LJ did.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
If he was as good of a ball runner as LJ and Gore, why does he consisently under produce in a weaker division than LJ's division. Also, LJ is a very underrated pass catcher.
Yes he is. LJ was putting up great receiving stats until Trent Green came back. Green simply refused to to throw to LJ.

Trent Green came back in week 10 against Oakland. Up until that point LJ had 29 receptions. In the final 7 games of the season LJ had a mere 12 receptions. Larry Johnson was the Chiefs' leading receiver for about the first half of the season. Green simply refused to throw the ball to LJ as he tried to force feed the ball to the wide receivers. Tony Gonzalez' receptions also went up without Green in the lineup.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Clinton Portis (very close to moving to #2. maybe after next season if he stays healthy)
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
5. Shaun Alexander
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Here's his total yardage in divisional games:

Average Rushing attempts: 21
Average YPG Rushing: 88.5
Average YPC: 4.2

Average Receptions: 6
Average Receiving yards: 50
Average YPC: 9.7

Average TD totals PG: 0.5

Average touches per game: 27
Average Yards Per Game: 138.5
Average Yards Per Touch: 5.2

Underachieved I don't think so.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

This thread is racist... all the guys you've named are black
Old 05-22-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
That is nothing short of ignorant.

Larry Johnson was the Chiefs' entire offense last year. None of those other guys carried the load the way LJ did.
All of those guys did carry the load. Portis and Alexander were injured but you can't demote them for a injury season when they've been playing at an all pro level previously. Westbrook carried Philly into the playoffs, not Jeff Garcia. Parker was THE steelers last season. Jackson had the most yards from scrimmage. Also if you think KC's line was bad, look at what Willis had to run behind. So don't say it's ignorant when your being a complete homer. Just because LJ broke the carries record doesn't mean he meant more to his team then any of those other guys.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Larry Johnson- 1,789 yards, 4.3 average
Steven Jackson- 1,528 yards, 4.4 average

Stats don't show Jackson is better. Larry Johnson has two straight seasons of 1,750+ yards. Nobody fears Jackson the way they fear Larry Johnson.
Larry Johnson also had 70 more carries...

Quote:
Not to mention, Jackson had the benfit for most of the year of a better offensive line, better quarterback, and better offensive weapons to draw the pressure off of him. Teams couldn't stack the box against the Rams or they would get burnt by Holt and Bruce. Teams were free to stack the box against the Chiefs and the only weapon they had to worry about was Tony Gonzalez.
I understand LJ is a good running back, hell, he's my number three, so calm down acting like I've got him at number ten.

Last year LJ had 457 total touches, 2199 yards and 21 scores.
Which means he average 4.8yards per touch and 0.045 scores per touch.

Jackson had 436 Total Touches, 2334 total yards and 16 scores.
Which means he averaged 5.3yards per touch and 0.036 scores per touch.

LJ has the better nose for the end zone, but there's also other targets who were used in the redzone than in KC.

I know SJ had the better supporting cast, but you can't hold that against him for producing better with the chances he got.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. LT
2. Jackson
3. Portis
4. LJ
5. Gore

LJ would be higher if it werent for the whole "411 carries" thing. Also, I wouldnt be surprised and almost expect that MJD and Maroney will make this list by the end of the year.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

MJD has an uphill battle, Greg Jones is a big time red zone talent and Fred Taylor is still on board and will probably be ridden while he can. MJD imo won't be a top 5 back till the 2008/9 season when Jones has probably moved on and Taylor has given up, or fallen apart.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Larry Johnson #2 easily.
I agree, by a large margin.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ, all though he isn't the one who i would want on the cards

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
This thread is racist... all the guys you've named are black
is this your way of making fun of people saying that many people, like you, are racist against blacks?
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. LT
2. LJ
3. Westbrook
4. S Jack
5. Bush
6. Gore
7. Alexander
8. Portis
9. McGahee
10. Willie
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
I agree, by a large margin.
Yeah, because clearly a player who produces more with every touch is a lesser player...

Old 05-24-2007, 03:55 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont know if I would put LT as #1, if you took him and moved him to another team, say Houston, or Browns, would he still be this awesome #1 rusher you claim? I dont think so.

to me a great back is great no matter how great his line is, Payton, Sanders, Jim Brown, etc.