Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Is Dockett moving to DE? Haven't heard anything about that. And what about Okeafor and Berry?

Those are some pretty whack rankings.
Are the Cards switching to the 3-4?
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure about the Raiders being below the Broncos. Sure Brayton didn't get any sacks, but he did a great job in contain on the right end. So he's not absolute trash at defensive end. On the other end, obviously, the Raiders have Burgess who has been mentioned.

The Broncos, however, have no one of any kind of solid caliber whatsoever. At least who has done anything in the league. I'm not saying you should completely take the rookies out of the equation, but it seems they are weighting the effect the Broncos' rookies will have a little too steeply.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Can't complain too much about the Packer's spot but I'd rank us higher, personally.

Kampman was a top 3 DE last year, Jenkins brings an all-around strong game and KJB has to be up there for the best situational DE in the NFL. Plus with an incredibly strong middle of the line they're open for more plays and we don't have the injury concerns/lack of experience of some of the guys ahead of us.

I'd probably go..
1. Bears
2. Saints
3. Pack
4. Bucs
5. Giants

I think the rankings rely too much on star power ala Julius Peppers and Michael Strahan. Peppers rocks but they have nothing on the other side or behind him and Strahan/Osi were bad last year.
Eh, Jenkins is a bit unproven yet. I think we were placed fairly.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Here are the DT rankings. I think these are a little better personally.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=205736

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=205133
wilfork should be ahead of Hampton...Hampton should be #5 :\
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

i think suggs deserves more respect. Hes a freak :)
Old 05-19-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Im really confused is Corey Simon still with the colts
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Now that is some NFC North representation!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
can some explain to me how the Buccaneers have better DE then the Packers? also the Panthers better then the Packers.

My List-

1. Saints
2. Eagles
3. Giants
4. Bears
5. Packers
7. Buccaneers
7. Falcons
8. Panthers
9. Rams
10. Seahawks
11. Cowboys
12. Cardinals
13. 49ers
14. Vikings
15. Lions
16. Redskins
Please,

The Steelers, Patriots and Chargers all have better DE's than everyone from 8 on.. atleast. I can't believe you put the Cowboys over them.

Steelers - Smith/Keisel
Patriots - Seymour/Warren
Chargers - Olshansky/Castillo

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Please,

The Steelers, Patriots and Chargers all have better DE's than everyone from 8 on.. atleast. I can't believe you put the Cowboys over them.

Steelers - Smith/Keisel
Patriots - Seymour/Warren
Chargers - Olshansky/Castillo
Since when are the Steelers, Patriots, and Chargers in the NFC? Come on man, I know it's hard, but use your brain.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
wilfork should be ahead of Hampton...Hampton should be #5 :\
It's by 2's.. Hampton > Wilfork... not by a whole lot, slightly, but Hoke is definitely a lot better than NE's backup.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Since when are the Steelers, Patriots, and Chargers in the NFC? Come on man, I know it's hard, but use your brain.
I didn't even think of NFC, I was just reading some of the teams and I couldn't believe Dallas was in the top 16, Now that I realize it's NFC only, it makes sense.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
It's by 2's.. Hampton > Wilfork... not by a whole lot, slightly, but Hoke is definitely a lot better than NE's backup.
i was talking about the individual list that has

1. Stroud
2. Henderson
3. Hampton
4. Williams
5. Wilfork

Williams should be #2 or #3..Wilfork #4 and Hampton 5

im not sold that Stroud and Henderson are BOTH the best DTs in AFC individually
Old 05-19-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Here are the DT rankings. I think these are a little better personally.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=205736

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=205133
Washed up?

Sacks:
01-11.0
02-15.5
03-15.0
04-12.0
05-14.0
06-2.0

Last year he was injured, and at this rate he didn't show signs of slowing down.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
i was talking about the individual list that has

1. Stroud
2. Henderson
3. Hampton
4. Williams
5. Wilfork

Williams should be #2 or #3..Wilfork #4 and Hampton 5

im not sold that Stroud and Henderson are BOTH the best DTs in AFC individually
I agree. I think Williams is #1, Stroud #2, Hampton #3, Henderson #4, and Wilfork #3.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Washed up?

Sacks:
01-11.0
02-15.5
03-15.0
04-12.0
05-14.0
06-2.0

Last year he was injured, and at this rate he didn't show signs of slowing down.
Ok I'm going to assume that you are talking about my comments on Rice since you quoted the wrong post.

Simeon Rice has always been overrated. Hell Keyshawn Johnson called him out. Most Bucs fans know that he's nothing anymore and have stated as much. His stats are nice, but they've always been misleading. He's 33 and coming off a big injury. I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see him take the KGB route and finish his career as a situational pass rusher.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Ok I'm going to assume that you are talking about my comments on Rice since you quoted the wrong post.

Simeon Rice has always been overrated. Hell Keyshawn Johnson called him out. Most Bucs fans know that he's nothing anymore and have stated as much. His stats are nice, but they've always been misleading. He's 33 and coming off a big injury. I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see him take the KGB route and finish his career as a situational pass rusher.
119 career sacks, 2nd most active---behind Strahan. 13th alltime. The 2nd fastest to 100 career sacks, behind Reggie White.

Yeah, overrated.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
119 career sacks, 2nd most active---behind Strahan. 13th alltime. The 2nd fastest to 100 career sacks, behind Reggie White.

Yeah, overrated.
Yeah, overrated. He might be the worst DE against the run in the history of professional football. He would have been even worse had the rest of the talent around him not compensated.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Yeah, overrated. He might be the worst DE against the run in the history of professional football. He would have been even worse had the rest of the talent around him not compensated.
THis bad?
http://images.chron.com/photos/2006/...ineGallery.jpg
Old 05-20-2007, 03:29 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im very comfortable with both of the ravens rankings. the thing i love about our d-linemen is their versatility. i love that suggs can play 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB, pryce can be a DE in both fronts as well as a DT in certain times, Kelly Gregg is a good NT and DT and Ngata is solid in both also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Raiders got hated on real hard. Burgess is one of the best in the biz and we might not have a great group of guys to complement him but Brayton, Moses, Huntley aint horrible. Considering some of the groups they put ahead of us (Broncos, Titans, Steelers, Texans), I would say we are really getting underrated.

And on the NFC, the Eagles got hated on real hard. I know Howard is coming off a bad season and Kearse off an injury but a healthy Kearse to go with Howard, Cole and now Abiamiri has to rank among the best DE rotations in the league. How they rank em behind the Cowboys, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams and Cardinals is beyond me.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Regardless, Simeon Rice has been an elite pass-rusher in this league for a long time and in the cover 2 scheme hes in his job is to put heat on the passer and he did a great job at that and was a key to a great, superbowl winning defense.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:05 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Raiders got hated on real hard. Burgess is one of the best in the biz and we might not have a great group of guys to complement him but Brayton, Moses, Huntley aint horrible. Considering some of the groups they put ahead of us (Broncos, Titans, Steelers, Texans), I would say we are really getting underrated.
its really just amazing how the offenses failure reflects so poorly on the defense. the raiders had a championship defense but a high school offence, and for their d-line to be ranked behind denvers is misguided. denver was very ok last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:08 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the redskins have a better pair of ends then the colts ill eat my hat, some might say theyre one dimensional but essentially they are asked to be
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh wait, i got that really wrong. my bad
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:57 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
its really just amazing how the offenses failure reflects so poorly on the defense. the raiders had a championship defense but a high school offence, and for their d-line to be ranked behind denvers is misguided. denver was very ok last year.
high school offense? we had a pop warner offense.

Our defense really was incredible last year and they did play at a championship level. To be honest, I wonder if they will be able to repeat the kind of performance they had last year. Guys like Sapp and Asumgha played at incredibly high levels that I dont know they'll keep up. And also we didnt have any injuries of note last year, and if we should find our D depleted by injurieslike our offense it could be a different story. But theres also reason for optimism about it...We got 2 young safeties who I believe are getting better, young LBs in Morrison and Howard who should continue to progress and Fabian Washington I expect to really break out in the near future and we added Quentin Moses to help our pass-rush and just overall we have a lot of youth on the defense.