Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
um ben roethlisburger

and ike taylor is better than terrance newman
Didn't Ike Taylor suck last season?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
um ben roethlisburger

Yes you can make a argument for big Ben. He slipped my mind mine when making the list.

Newman vs. Ike Taylor ... This only going to go to a string of homerism post, so not goint to touch that.....

Newman is better.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Didn't Ike Taylor suck last season?

i wouldnt say suck
i would say a bad year
the whole team downplayed last year with the exception of willie

i would expect ike taylor to be back to form this year

just ask chad johnson if ike is good or not

but ike played down and still was one of the bright spots int he defensive backfield by leadin the dbs in pbus
Old 05-20-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yes you can make a argument for big Ben. He slipped my mind mine when making the list.

Newman vs. Ike Taylor ... This only going to go to a string of homerism post, so not goint to touch that.....

Newman is better.

how so is newman better
Old 05-20-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I forgot Chris Hope!? Terrible on my part. He should be on htere.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

if u go by numbers alone

newman had 63 takles 1 int and 11 pbu

taylor 69 takles 2 int and 15 pbu

while those r only numbers
i can only recall ike gettin abused by one reciever and that was javon walker
i wished i coudl find stats on how many tds the corners allowed and stuff
Old 05-20-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

taylor is still in his prime while he is 2 years younger than newman

and hes also bigger

and just as fast
and ikes cover skills r up there too
Old 05-20-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Capital letters are your friend.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll play the role of homer and throw out Mike Karney.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Capital letters and edit buttons are your friends.
Added a little bit.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Fred Taylor
FB: Dan Kreider
WR: Joey Galloway
WR: Anquan Boldin
TE: Heath Miller
OT: Matt Light
OG: Eric Steinbach
OC: Nick Mangold
OG: Logan Mankins
OT: Jon Runyan

DE: Jared Allen
DT: Ty Warren
DT: Aaron Smith
DE: Luis Castillo
OLB: Ernie Sims
MLB: Mike Peterson
OLB: Derrick Johnson
CB: Antoine Winfield
CB: Terrence Newman
SS: Chris Hope
FS: Kerry Rhodes

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
how so is newman better
He has been the best player on the defensive side of ball for the Cowboys for the past few seasons. Neutralizing some of the better WR during that time. And you can't really look at the stats and let that deceive you. I mean your not going to get alot of INT when your not thrown to. And it's not his fault whenever he has a INT inline, Roy Williams finds a away to hit wherever the ball is, not matter who's in his way. He really has been the cornerpiece, the most consistent player for Cowboys as a whole. Not just on defense.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Why are people putting Jon Runyan? He made it 2002 or 2003 didn't he?
Old 05-20-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Fred Taylor
FB: Dan Kreider
WR: Joey Galloway
WR: Anquan Boldin
TE: Heath Miller
OT: Matt Light
OG: Eric Steinbach
OC: Nick Mangold
OG: Logan Mankins
OT: Jon Runyan

DE: Jared Allen
DT: Ty Warren
DT: Aaron Smith
DE: Luis Castillo
OLB: Ernie Sims
MLB: Mike Peterson
OLB: Derrick Johnson
CB: Antoine Winfield
CB: Terrence Newman
SS: Chris Hope
FS: Kerry Rhodes

stiller i thought aaron went to one
Old 05-20-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
um ben roethlisburger

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm an Eagles fan and I hate the Cowboys and Terrence Newman but I'll tell you he's better than Ike Taylor.

I was hoping this was a list of people who were snubbed from the pro bowl last season, I'll do a list of that later maybe.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 05-20-2007 at 01:05 AM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Why are people putting Jon Runyan? He made it 2002 or 2003 didn't he?
You're right he did make it in 2003. My bad.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, I wish Achilles was here to argue Newman vs. Taylor in here. I'd actually side with Achilles, but he'd make so many dumb posts I'd have to interject to piss him off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yea man I am not a Cowboy fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I give a lot of credit to Newman, he is one of the best corners in this league, theres no way Id leave him out of my top 10, and in 4 years he has only had 1 bad year and has been great in the last 2. Ike Taylor is a guy who had one great season after his career before that had consisted of him bouncing around and not getting any PT. And last year he didnt do anything to make me believe he will ever have another season as good as his 05 season.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QB - Roethlisberger
HB - Maurice Drew
FB - Griffith
WR - Boldin
WR - Galloway
TE - Vernon Davis (he showed me enough in limited time last year)
OT - Jon Tait
OG - Eric Steinbach
C - Nick Mangold
OG - Chris Snee
OT - Chad Clifton

DE - Jarred Allen
DE - Charles Grant
DT - Luis Castilo (slide im inside)
DT - Cory Redding
OLB - Shaun Phillips
OLB - Ernie Sims
MLB - Kirk Morrison
CB - Terrence Newman
CB - Nmandhi Asumgha
FS - Chris Hope
SS - Kherry Rhodes
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Heath Miller make it over Winslow?

I know I'm a huge Winslow fan and a huge Browns fan, but that doesn't make sense at all to me.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i wouldnt say suck
i would say a bad year
the whole team downplayed last year with the exception of willie

i would expect ike taylor to be back to form this year

just ask chad johnson if ike is good or not

but ike played down and still was one of the bright spots int he defensive backfield by leadin the dbs in pbus
Ask Chad Johnson if Leigh Bodden is good... He said Bodden is the best cornerback east of Denver.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:10 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hasn't Boldin been in multiple Pro Bowls?
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
Hasn't Boldin been in multiple Pro Bowls?
i think that was fitz, i dont belive he has made one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Jeff Faine
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can think of any Browns player good enough to make the list, it's very very very likely he didn't make it to the probowl.