Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-20-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mini Camp Updates

I suscribe to Bear Report so I can get updates on the goings on at Lake Forest. Some notes that I've read on what's happened so far:

Offense:

- Rex was a bit shaky on the slant routes but he looked very good on the deep balls. Haven't heard a lot about his footwork but from what I've been reading, he's improved in that area.

- Not much on the RB front so I imagine that it's going well. Wolfe isn't in camp (he's doing that trading cards shoot thing). This is Ced's time to shine though, and I hope he'll step up and produce like we all know he can.

- On the WR front. The main stories have been about Hester who I guess has looked fantastic catching the ball. Route running needs some work but he's been the star of the offense so far in camp. Although Rideau has been awesome from what I've read. Opening up some eyes in MC.

- Mark Bradley unfortunately has been dropping a bunch of balls. But I'm not worried. I remember him doing the same thing in Rookie Mini Camp 2 years ago and the drops went away once the season started. Mark will be fine IMO. And he's fully healthy now, which is the best things.

- Not much on the OL front either. Kruetz and Brown sat out today, I guess Lovie gave them the "veterans day off." So Beekman and Reed got a lot of reps today with the first team and I guess they did pretty well.

Defense:

- Tommie is sitting out this camp to recover from the surgery. Tank hasn't gotten a lot of reps either, which is understandable. Needs to get into shape. Dvoracek, Garay, and Adams have gotten pretty much all the reps in TC and they've looked pretty good.

- Urlacher has been Urlacher, that's all that needs to be said. Jamar Williams hasn't looked as good as some would've hoped. Looks good against the run but has struggled in pass coverage. But hey, he just needs some experience I bet. If anything he's shown himself to be a darn good ST player. Haven't heard much on Hunter though. Okwo is back at Stanford finishing up his classes so he can graduate.

- All quiet on the CB front. Tillman has sat out from surgery this offseason and that's about all they said. R. Manning has been working with the 1st team though and Harris has moved to the Nickel (hmmm kinda interesting).

- Archuleta has looked good so far at SS, Lovie says he looks better than he did at St. Louis. Mike Brown is back and FS and looks to be moving around very well.

- D. Manning has seen time both at CB and FS but I haven't heard to much about how he's doing.

Special Teams:

- Gould has gotten better on kickoffs, his leg is even stronger this year.

- Maynard has been ripping punts the past two days and looks awesome from what I've read. The two guys in back of him don't have much of a chance and are likely to be cut.

- Hester has been his usual self catching punts and kickoffs.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Harris at nickle back? Him at CB period would be a disaster.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Chris Harris at nickle back? Him at CB period would be a disaster.
It's just for MC since Peanut is hurt, and I think Graham isn't in camp either right now. McBride I have no idea. But you have to make due with what you have.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Archuleta is either going to make this defense unstoppable or a mess.

We will find out.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Archuleta is either going to make this defense unstoppable or a mess.

We will find out.
He thrived in the Cover 2 before in St. Louis. When he went to Washington I don't think it was a good fit for him at all. Now that he's back in the Cover 2, I think he'll be pretty darn good.

Quote:
Old 06-08-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

sweetness, are you quoting yourself as saying "i'm a grown ass man?" didn't S.I. do a feature piece on anquan boldin where he was quoted as saying that after he does a crackback, he shouts "i'm a grown ass man????" I believe so. actually, i know so. just wondering
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
sweetness, are you quoting yourself as saying "i'm a grown ass man?" didn't S.I. do a feature piece on anquan boldin where he was quoted as saying that after he does a crackback, he shouts "i'm a grown ass man????" I believe so. actually, i know so. just wondering
Well it kinda started in High School. At lunch we were messing around (forget what we were doing) and our Assistant Principal came over and told us to settle down a bit, and I replied "I'm a grown ass man, I do what I want" jokingly of course. And this AP was cool as hell so she really didn't care if we cussed or anything. And after that it kinda stuck throughout High School.

Kind of a dumb story but oh well. I like the quote. :D

Quote:
Old 06-10-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
He thrived in the Cover 2 before in St. Louis. When he went to Washington I don't think it was a good fit for him at all. Now that he's back in the Cover 2, I think he'll be pretty darn good.
gregg williams plays cover two as well. but, the system is well different from lovie's in stl and here...

just to note sweetness.
welcome back from your suspention.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote