Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Justin Miller Arrested

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2876896

Justin Miller was arrested.. wow... roger needs to start doing something. guility or not, its a bad rep for the league

nevertheless, it was a third degree misdemeanor, which is very low on the "crime" scale.

he punched the woman by accident
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast it wasn't as severe as some other cases and it's not a Bengal either

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor woman.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

This is barely a blip on the radar. He was in a fist fight in a night club and inadvertly hit a woman. He'll do a bit of community service (which he's likely doing already) and it'll be over with. This is the type of thing that the league will overlook in my opinion.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
This is barely a blip on the radar. He was in a fist fight in a night club and inadvertly hit a woman. He'll do a bit of community service (which he's likely doing already) and it'll be over with. This is the type of thing that the league will overlook in my opinion.
you sure?
-he swung at a man but missed..hit a lady
-he fleed police

i dont think Deion Sanders could escape the police..why try J Mill?
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The swing and miss I think they can look past, running from the cops the absolutely can not.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
you sure?
-he swung at a man but missed..hit a lady
-he fleed police

i dont think Deion Sanders could escape the police..why try J Mill?
A fight at a night club is something that happens probably thousands of times a night on weekends. Everytime I'm at a club there's usually at least one altercation. Most of the time the people who were fighting are just kicked out of the club. There is no police involvement.

The cops will slap him with some community service and it'll be done with. The fact that he tried to evade police obviously makes this a lot worse but it's still manageable and he'll likely just get a fine and community service. This is minor compared to a lot of the stuff going on in the NFL.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
A fight at a night club is something that happens probably thousands of times a night on weekends. Everytime I'm at a club there's usually at least one altercation. Most of the time the people who were fighting are just kicked out of the club. There is no police involvement.

The cops will slap him with some community service and it'll be done with. The fact that he tried to evade police obviously makes this a lot worse but it's still manageable and he'll likely just get a fine and community service. This is minor compared to a lot of the stuff going on in the NFL.
maybe thats waht cops will do but Enforcer Goodell might have something to say
Old 05-20-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
maybe thats waht cops will do but Enforcer Goodell might have something to say
It's an isolated incident for Miller and the New York Jets in general so I don't see an penalties in the future. Now if this becomes something of a reoccurence then Goddell may have to take action but nothing needs to be done at this point in time.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're highly underestimating Goodell right now, he's a hard ass and even though it's not really a big story, he's going to crack down on this stuff.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

true. but he needs to make sure not to cross the line between hardass and power crazy. if he starts taking action for incidents this small, he will lose the support of the players union.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I think you're highly underestimating Goodell right now, he's a hard ass and even though it's not really a big story, he's going to crack down on this stuff.
But if you look at PacMan and Chris Henry they have had a whole slat of things that they've done wrong and Tank Johnson the same thing. I would find it hard to believe that he would punish a player like Justin Miller with game suspensions due to one isolated incident. Now in the future if there's more bad news around Miller then a punishment can be handed down but at this point there's no reason to penalize a player for ONE minor mistake.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodell really wants to send his message across about problems within the NFL off the field. This isn't a major deal, as Miller hasn't had any problems as far as I could remember so I don't see Goodell handing out any punishment.

Remember though, Pacman's lawyer (if he sues the NFL) will look at every suspension / crime committed but considering Pacman was in quite a few incidents; I doubt there's any substance to this.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

i hope hes suspended week 1. we dont need him KRing against us
Old 05-20-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
JetMan
Rookie

JetMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's an isolated incident for Miller and the New York Jets in general so I don't see an penalties in the future. Now if this becomes something of a reoccurence then Goddell may have to take action but nothing needs to be done at this point in time.
Not exactly, Miller was arrested a week before the draft in 2005 and slid into the second round because of it. Also, Adrian Jones a backup OL was arrested a few months ago for DWI.

I think with the way that Mangini has been talking up his "high character guys" that Miller will not be with the Jets in a few months.
Besides for kick returns, Miller really doesn't bring much to the table and even got beat out by a 6th round rookie for the majority of the season.

And on a side note, not to jump to conclusions, but I don't condone any pro athele from any sport for punching someone. They are pro athletes for a reason and I used to work in the health field and have seen people die from blunt blows to the head and that includes fists and one punch.

But whatever, the Jets need to add talent not subtract it.

FREE MILLER........
JetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When are the cops going to arrest a caucasian go for being an NFL player
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i hope he pays a fine and does lose anytime

hes a joy to watch as a kick returner
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

You know what's funny? Justil sounds like it good be a real name.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Maybe when they start breaking the law. This is not a race issue, so don't try to turn it into one.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
JetMan
Rookie

Quote:
UHMMM, let's see, the Phillies have a white player by the name of Myers who punched a women and guess what, he was arrested.

Nice try, this isn't black or white, it's a crime to punch anyone.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was obviously jokings. but **** sucks for miller
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i was obviously jokings. but **** sucks for miller
david kircus is in trouble
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
The swing and miss I think they can look past, running from the cops the absolutely can not.
Depends what cops are chasing you

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
JetMan
Rookie

Reports from the New York Daily news have Miller belligerent drunk and punching an aide to Senator Obama.

He pulled a "punch and run" but friends of the aide followed miller and alerted police to where he was hiding.

DUMB DUMB DUMB.

So not only did he punch someone, but it was a sucker punch, and according to the article, it sounded like she was the target.

I would post the article but I just don't know how to. sorry.