Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default QB Roughing Penalty

Any word on how the league is going to address it next season?

I'm watching the NFLN Replay of the saints game and the Aaron Smith "Roughing" Penalty on Drew Brees.

Are we moving to having the QB's wear flags? I just want to know if we should just upgrade the offense and forget about trying to build a pass rush. Because frankly, that really screwed up a lot of games last year.

I know the bengals would've been in the playoffs had it not been for the Joke of a QB Roughing Penalty against Justin Smith for Gradkowski.

And The call against Aaron Smith for being pushed in the back and pulling Brees' sock down. I mean, honestly.

Then I sit and wonder, where were those refs in the atlanta game when Ben was massacred with a late hit, helmet to helmet, and another guy leading with his helmet.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all Packer fans remember the Cullen Jenkins "roughing" on Matt Hasselbeck on Monday Night Football

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remeber that, it was bs. This was too: http://youtube.com/watch?v=d9KmXAmMTjw.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

It's hard to say what they'll do. Obviously there were a lot of bad calls, but they do want to protect QBs. I think it'll end up being better than last year, but I would be surprised if there weren't still a good amount of phantom calls.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think all Packer fans remember the Cullen Jenkins "roughing" on Matt Hasselbeck on Monday Night Football
I think there was 2 problems about it.

1) They were inconsistent. There was really gruesome hits that they let go, then there were plays (Like the 2 i mentioned) that were absolute jokes and were called. I believe Gradkowski still had the ball when he was tackled.

2) They were overprotective. I'm not to see anyone get hurt, but they need to let the guys play.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I remeber that, it was bs. This was too: http://youtube.com/watch?v=d9KmXAmMTjw.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QfS9KQsExgs ~ The gradkowski "Sack".

I wish I could find a picture of the Brees Roughing.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

wow taht was bs
Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it wasn't the fact that he still had the ball it was the fact that he was driven into the ground(still ***)

i agree that the NFL needs to just let players play

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
it wasn't the fact that he still had the ball it was the fact that he was driven into the ground(still ***)

i agree that the NFL needs to just let players play

on sundays they should just wear skirts cuz every single thing they do is illegal
they should stop hittin in all begin with
Old 05-20-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
That was a terrible call.

But they are VERY inconsistent. I'm sure it's a problem for all QBs, but Hasselbeck was hit several times last season way late or rough and they didn't call it. They have just as many terrible non-calls as they do terrible calls. Hell, a few years ago a Ravens D-lineman was choking Hasselbeck, with 2 referees pulling him off and they didn't call anything.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post

But they are VERY inconsistent. I'm sure it's a problem for all QBs, but Hasselbeck was hit several times last season way late or rough and they didn't call it. They have just as many terrible non-calls as they do terrible calls. Hell, a few years ago a Ravens D-lineman was choking Hasselbeck, with 2 referees pulling him off and they didn't call anything.
I still point out that big hit in atlanta that put Ben out. 2 guys lead in with their helmets (1, helmet to helmet, 2 leading in with helmet) and the other guy dove low.. that was 50,000 the impact of that aaron smith roughing.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I still point out that big hit in atlanta that put Ben out. 2 guys lead in with their helmets (1, helmet to helmet, 2 leading in with helmet) and the other guy dove low.. that was 50,000 the impact of that aaron smith roughing.

ya i was mad they didnt call it
he was finally turnin the corner again and then bam hes out of the groove again
Old 05-20-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No
Fun
League

Fun=hitting the QB

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they need to fix it. i still have the Tampa Bay game fresh in my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
I'm normally not one to agree with a conference rival, but that was a ******** call. I watched that game and was like.. this season is ruined for the bengals.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
That game cost us the #3 pick. That could've meant less compensation in a trade-up for CJ and a done deal

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
That was clearly a penalty. The guy tried to knock manning over with his shoulders after Manning through the ball. The fact taht he was so awful at it and barely hit him doesn't really matter.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
That game cost us the #3 pick. That could've meant less compensation in a trade-up for CJ and a done deal
more importantly, it cost the bengals a playoff spot.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
more importantly, it cost the bengals a playoff spot.
Funny, I thought your holder was responsible for that.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
nono, if anything it was our long snapper. BUt if we would have won the Tampa Bay game like we should have, we would have been in the playoffs anyway

Quote:
who dey?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Michael Clayton's juggling catch was just as instrumental in keeping the Bengals out of the playoffs :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im not saying we should be letting defenders get cheap shots in on the QB, but yeah they just need to calm down with all of it cuz its gotten to the point you cant even touch the QB. Its a severe penalty and they shouldnt be throwing the flag unless it was a clear cheap shot.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Im not saying we should be letting defenders get cheap shots in on the QB, but yeah they just need to calm down with all of it cuz its gotten to the point you cant even touch the QB. Its a severe penalty and they shouldnt be throwing the flag unless it was a clear cheap shot.
Yeah, it's insane right now. It's like Peyton on that youtube play.. there's no way he wanted a flag on that, the guy's a competitor and he didn't even hit the ground.

Why so much protection for one position? It's like Kiwi (it was Kiwi, right?) trying to sack VY but letting go once he thought he heard a whistle cuz he didn't want to get flagged.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, the worst I saw was Urlacher's "roughing the passer" on Brad Johnson in what Week 13. The Official Ruling: "He flexed his arms on the QB."

WTF? Urlacher pushed Johnson down after he got rid of the ball. I about died laughing when I heard the call. Laughter mixed in with a bunch of cursing.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote