Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
nfc= arizona cardinals
afc= dolphins
That's a bold prediction.

A) Because the Cardinals NEVER live up to their expectations

B) Miami still has no QB, or well no proven QB

I give you props though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:23 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
That's a bold prediction.

A) Because the Cardinals NEVER live up to their expectations

B) Miami still has no QB, or well no proven QB

I give you props though.
my basis off the miami pick was that they were 500 just a couple years ago, basically with the same team, and hopefully this year culpepper returnsto his old form.

arizona, i felt they were just a couple pieces away, and they got the main one in a RT. so if that doesnt work out, i have no idea what the hell is wrong with the cardinals
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
The Bengals will surprise people and either win the superbowl or come extremely close.
Why? their defense is still awful.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Bucs and Rams may suprise some people.

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are several teams out there this year that have lots of potential.

I see Buffalo mentioned a lot as a team that could do well and get into the playoffs, though it'll be tough in that division. For those who say that, I don't see it. New England is a power-house, New York is a good team despite overacheiving last year, so it'll be tough. They need JP Losman to play very very well; and their defense to play well, too.

Denver isn't exactly a surprise to be a good team, but I see them having tons of success next season.

Green Bay may get into the playoffs. I see a big year for Favre, and their defense should be fine. If they can live up to potential, they'll be a good team.

I see Tampa Bay mentioned, though I don't see it. The fact is, Jeff Garcia just doesn't fit that system at all. He's a system QB, and it just won't work. From there, the entire offense won't work. I won't expect a ton from the defense, either. They're getting uo there in age despite their best efforts to add some youth to that roster. They're rebuilding right now, so I won't expect much from Tampa Bay.

San Francisco is a team that will be good if they can mesh that roster together. They have a lot of new faces on both sides of the ball. They're all very good talents, too. If this team can mesh like many think they can, then they're going to be one heck of a team. The one thing I question is if their offense can have as much success as they did last year without Norv Turner.

Arizona is mentioned every year. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for them to just explode one of these years. Maybe this year, but this boy has cried wolf quite a few times, so I'm not going to be actively expecting success, but I'll keep an eye on them because they'll be good sooner or later.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My picks are the 49ers, Packers, Cardinals, and Browns.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I see Tampa Bay mentioned, though I don't see it. The fact is, Jeff Garcia just doesn't fit that system at all. He's a system QB, and it just won't work. From there, the entire offense won't work. I won't expect a ton from the defense, either. They're getting uo there in age despite their best efforts to add some youth to that roster. They're rebuilding right now, so I won't expect much from Tampa Bay.
While Garcia is a system QB, he is a system QB for the WEST COAST OFFENCE, which is what the bucs run. Even though I think SImms will start anyways
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Why? their defense is still awful.
Our biggest defensive liability (Tory James) has been replaced, Ahmad Brooks is ready to take over MLB along with Rashad Jeanty/Robert Geathers/Johnathan Joseph/Domata Peko continuing to grow. I think we've got a solid chance for a first round bye given how much easier our schedule is this year.

I like the Bills to surprise. Losman isn't as bad as most people think he is, I think they have the OROY in Lynch they have several new additions along with the maturation of several of their other young guys. I think they have a shot at the WC.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Bucs-- I would not be at all surprised if they bounced back this year for a 9-7 or 10-6 record with a trip to the playoffs. New blood on D, a bounceback year from Caddy, and maybe a solidified QB situation (either Simms or Garcia should step up).

Only thing that worries me is their WR. Galloway keeps getting older, and Clayton hasn't shown his rookie form in 2 years now.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least it's not the dolphins.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, the Oakland Raiders will surprise by not finishing 4th in the AFC West.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Um, the Oakland Raiders will surprise by not finishing 4th in the AFC West.
I said in another thread I didn't see the Raiders finishing 4th. I have them finishing 3rd and having 5-6 wins.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Lions are my NFC pick, Texans being the AFC pick for me. If I nail either I look like a genius, and odds are no one will remember if I am wrong on both counts.
Good luck with that.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
My bold prediction: The Minnesota Vikings will win the NFC North.
Haha, thanks for the chuckle, I needed that.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

I like the Cards, Skins, Detroit and Jags...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFC West picks, including some as division champs, are interesting. I'm this close to producing a write-up for the NFC West.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should do a NFC South one instead, Geo.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
While Garcia is a system QB, he is a system QB for the WEST COAST OFFENCE, which is what the bucs run. Even though I think SImms will start anyways
Chucky's right, Garcia is a good fit for their system. If the Bucs line can hold up in front of Garcia should he start he can probably do alright. If the line is mediocre get ready it'll be just like his days in Detroit. The reason he was so good last season with Philly was because he had all day to throw because the line really came together for the second half of the season.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

Wow surprised so many people are picking both the Rams and the Bucs to do well this year. I think they are both on the slide right now [even tho StL tore it up in the 2nd half], especially considering that both Carolina and Atlanta underachieved last year.

I am also going to go with Cincy as my dark horse pick. Their defense is suspect but they have been on the verge of a good playoff run the past couple years. I'd even venture a guess that they might beat one of the big two [Indy/NE] in the playoffs this year.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
searchbot
Rookie

searchbot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At this point, the Titans
searchbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:12 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

AFC: JAX...they win the South

NFC: Bucs and 9ers get wild cards
Old 05-22-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the 49'rs will win their division, maybe that won't be a surprise seeing as they came on last year but I really think they have a chance to be a great team.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
I am also going to go with Cincy as my dark horse pick. Their defense is suspect but they have been on the verge of a good playoff run the past couple years. I'd even venture a guess that they might beat one of the big two [Indy/NE] in the playoffs this year.
I'm not sure what exactly the Bengals are your dark horse for, but I'm guessing AFCCG contention. It seems to fit the rest of your description, and would make sense given the dark horse mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
AFC: JAX...they win the South

NFC: Bucs and 9ers get wild cards
I think this is the third straight year that I've heard the Jags will win the South. I don't know, I'll have to see it. They need to stop dropping games to the Houston Texans, first of all. I've never understood how that continues to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
You should do a NFC South one instead, Geo.
Will do. I'm working on it now and then will do the NFC West write-up afterwards.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchbot View Post
At this point, the Titans
ehm... they still have no wide recievers.
why do I even bother doing this? Nobody reads this anyhow

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I think that the raiders might be a big surprise. Their line can block, they just need to be coached better.

With the additions they've made if at QB they can just manage the game they'll be competitive with that defense.

As for in the NFC, the Panthers will play strong if they're healthy. I also like the 49ers more and more every year.
This is pretty much my list too; the Raiders are my sleeper team. I think they'd be a playoff team in the NFC. Give them a couple years for Jamarcus to develop and lead that offense to at least a couple touchdowns a game, and that D will do the rest. I think they'll compete in the AFC eventually. Yes, it pains me to say it.

If Jake can get his head on straight I think the Panthers will be good, and like everyone else, I love what the 49ers are doing.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote