Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-20-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Bubba Franks ******* sucks. Des Clark is a MUCH better blocker than he is. Do you watch the Bears? Des is a much better blocker than he is reciever.
When I watch the Bears and they run the footballk I don't say holy $hit look at the block and seal that Clark got on his man.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
LB is without Briggs but with the DL the Packers have a Pro Bowl end in Aaron Kampman, Jenkins opposite him may not be able to rush the passer great but he's great against the run and KGB can rush on 3rd down, and at DT we are 4 deep and they are very capable of starting.
You could say the same thing about the Bears.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LB is without Briggs but with the DL the Packers have a Pro Bowl end in Aaron Kampman, Jenkins opposite him may not be able to rush the passer great but he's great against the run and KGB can rush on 3rd down, and at DT we are 4 deep and they are very capable of starting.
Alex Brown, Adawale Oguleye, Mark Anderson, Tank Johnson, Anthony Adams, Tommie Harris >>>> Kampman, KGB, Jenkins, Harrell, and whoever else you have.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When I watch the Bears and they run the footballk I don't say holy $hit look at the block and seal that Clark got on his man.
And you say that about Bubba Franks? What the ****? Even Packers fans think that's stupid dude.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe you should watch more. Bubba is horse crap. He's one dimensional. Des is a dual threat, how in the world does Bubba beat out Des again?

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Alex Brown, Adawale Oguleye, Mark Anderson, Tank Johnson, Anthony Adams, Tommie Harris >>>> Kampman, KGB, Jenkins, Harrell, and whoever else you have.
Don't forget Johnny Jholly and Colin Cole. They may be jobbers but their names make me laugh.

You also forgot Dusty Dvoracek, Dan Bazuin, and Israel Idonije for us.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Don't forget Johnny Jholly and Colin Cole. They may be jobbers but their names make me laugh.

You also forgot Dusty Dvoracek, Dan Bazuin, and Israel Idonije for us.
Yea but I didn't want it to go that far 51', I had to give them hope. :D

Quote:
Old 05-20-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

See sweetness, this is why it was a bad idea.

The Bears scored 427 points and allowed 255 last year.

The Packers scored 301 and allowed 366.

The Bears won 15 games.

The Packers won 8.

I don't care how much you think you've gained in the last 5-6 months. The Bears are still a much more talented team.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Aaron Kampman >> Alex Brown/Adewale Ogunleye
Cullen Jenkins = Alex Brown/Adewale Ogunleye
KGB < Mark Anderson

Aaron Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, KGB > Alex Brown, Adewale Ogunleye, Mark Anderson

Ryan Pickett << Tommie Harris
Corey Williams = Tank Johnson
Justin Harrell > Anthony Adams

Ryan Pickett, Corey Williams, Justin Harrell < Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Anthony Adams
Old 05-20-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And you say that about Bubba Franks? What the ****? Even Packers fans think that's stupid dude.
I hardly get them to have the same views as me anyways. We look at football differently. They all think that Brandon Jackson will be great, James Jones will be the next Sterling Sharpe, and Ted Thompson sure knows what he's doing. Me, not so much. With the TE issue the Packers are one deep at the position for the most part so I can see where you guys are coming from b/c in a way Olsen and Clark compliment each other, but with everything else I don't expect them to agree with me anyways.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Cullen Jenkins = Alex Brown/Adewale Ogunleye
Alex and Wale have been to the Probowl, what has Cullen Jenkins done?

And Dusty Dvoracek will be our 3rd tackle most like just for the record.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I hardly get them to have the same views as me anyways. We look at football differently. They all think that Brandon Jackson will be great, James Jones will be the next Sterling Sharpe, and Ted Thompson sure knows what he's doing. Me, not so much. With the TE issue the Packers are one deep at the position for the most part so I can see where you guys are coming from b/c in a way Olsen and Clark compliment each other, but with everything else I don't expect them to agree with me anyways.
Fair enough. I'm just really confused how you could call it square, especially on blocking.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm just really confused how you could call it square, especially on blocking.
This may not be easy but I have to admit I may have been wrong and you guys made a fair enough argument but I would still say that Bubba is a better blocker than Desmond but Bubba has become one-dimensional and isn't the redzone threat he use to be.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Your defense is old.

Tank Johnson won't even play this year. Alex Brown wants out.

Devin hester will have the Dante Hall and Desmond Howard effect on offense. Which means he won't have nothing.

Lance Briggs won't play for you. Our LB corps is much better.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you look at it from a potential standpoint its Green Bay, but if guys like Jennings, Colledge, Spitz, Jenkins, Poppinga, and Collins dont play up to that potential then it will spell trouble.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Oh Jesus Christ...can we have a no Jim Jim rule? Is there anyone that doesn't agree he's legally reeeeeetarded.

Our defense is old? Name the starters that are over 30 and get back to me.

Tank Johnson won't play for us this year? Have you read a newspaper lately?

The rest is purely speculation.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Your defense is old.

Devin hester will have the Dante Hall and Desmond Howard effect on offense. Which means he won't have anything

wont have nothing??? come on now, actually im not even sure if "wont have anything" is correct too

Old 05-20-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Your defense is old.

Devin hester will have the Dante Hall and Desmond Howard effect on offense. Which means he won't have nothing.

Our defense is old?

Vasher - 25
Urlacher - 28
Tillman - 26
Harris - 24
Wale - 29
Brown - 29
Brown - 27
Archuleta - 29
Hillenmeyer - 26
Johnson - 25
Briggs - 26

God we're ancient I tell ya.

Edit: And about Hester, if anything he's going to be a great decoy, ala Reggie Bush. Meaning wherever he goes, the defense is going to follow him.

Quote:

Last edited by sweetness34 : 05-20-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

One thing that I didn't mention in the team rankings and who's better is the category of coach and management. This obviously goes to the Bears. This isn't bashing the Packers b/c Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have the organization headed in the right direction, but Angelo and Smith have the Bears where the Packers are aiming. The Bears quality players that seem to step in there, play, and make in animpact right away. Lovie coaches those inexperienced to be ready when called upon and they've responded. Vasher, Hester, and Anderson are three names that have done this of late. McCarthy does a great job with the Packers young players but he can't do it to the level of Lovie and that may be due to the lack of veteran leadership that Lovie can throw those guys with compared to what Green Bay has.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 05-20-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
One thing that I didn't mention in the team rankings and who's better is the category of coach and management. This obviously goes to the Bears. This isn't bashing the Packers b/c Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have the organization headed in the right direction, but Colangelo and Smith have the Bears where the Packers are aiming. The Bears quality players that seem to step in there, play, and make in animpact right away. Lovie coaches those inexperienced to be ready when called upon and they've responded. Vasher, Hester, and Anderson are three names that have done this of late. McCarthy does a great job with the Packers young players but he can't do it to the level of Lovie and that may be due to the lack of veteran leadership that Lovie can throw those guys with compared to what Green Bay has.
At least get our GM's name right man, it's Angelo.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh Jesus Christ...can we have a no Jim Jim rule? Is there anyone that doesn't agree he's legally reeeeeetarded.

Our defense is old? Name the starters that are over 30 and get back to me.

Tank Johnson won't play for us this year? Have you read a newspaper lately?

The rest is purely speculation.
Moose
Fred Miller
Kreutz?
Tit...I mean Tait
Desmond Clark
Ogunleye?
Ayanbendayjo(who might have to start)
Archaleta?

?=30 this year

EDIT=I just realized he just said Defense

bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Our defense is old?

Vasher - 25
Urlacher - 28
Tillman - 26
Harris - 24
Wale - 29
Brown - 29
Brown - 27
Archuleta - 29
Hillenmeyer - 26
Johnson - 25
Briggs - 26

God we're ancient I tell ya.
This alone should discredit Jim Jim.

It's like he finds the most illogical stupid argument and runs with it into infinity. If there was a block function he would be the only person I'd use it on. His thoughts are about as valueable as my stool after a night of Taco Bell.

bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Moose
Fred Miller
Kreutz?
Tit...I mean Tait
Desmond Clark
Ogunleye?
Ayanbendayjo(who might have to start)
Archaleta?

?=30 this year
Defense. Our offense is partially aging, but so is yours.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
At least get our GM's name right man, it's Angelo.
Thats what I wanted to put so idk why I put Col-Angelo

Old 05-20-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Alex and Wale have been to the Probowl, what has Cullen Jenkins done?

And Dusty Dvoracek will be our 3rd tackle most like just for the record.

Adewale went to the Pro Bowl in '03 when he was playing on a stacked Dolphins' defense (3rd in points). He hasn't since. He had 6.5 sacks this past year.

Alex Brown has never been to the Pro Bowl. He had 7 sacks this year.

I'm not sure which is considered better, so I put both for each. Assuming Ogunleye is the better of the two, I think he is trumped handedly by Kampman. That leaves Jenkins, who had 6.5 sacks last year (in a limited role) and is a force against the run at 6'3 290, and Brown. I think the two are just about the same production wise. That and Jenkins is a beast. Just me though.