Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually our last few games of the season were in the playoffs while Brett Favre was home putting up streamers and picking out pastels for his daughters sweet 16 party. You can't compare games that didn't mean **** for us, that's a ridiculously desperate attempt to try to create a false impression of superiority.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Berrian is better than Jennings, or if anything it's a push. And a healthy Bradley is better than anything Green Bay has right now.

Btw, who the hell is GB's FB? McKie is better than anyone I'm seeing on GB's roster right now.
Wow. This post surprises me. How is Bradley better than Driver? How is Bradley even better than Jennings? Am I misreading this or something?

Also, I think Jennings and Berrian are too close to call at this point. They actually are somewhat similar although I think Jennings has a bit more upside (he could develop into a more complete receiver than Berrian, at least that's what I think).

It's tough to say the Packers WRs are better than anybody's because of what happened after Jennings got hurt last season, but on paper they're very close and could even be better than the Bears.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Oh...Packers FB situation isn't clear yet. It will be decided in training camp

Brandon Miree - Starter last season
Corey White - UDFA, very fast, impressive thus far, getting reps at HB also
Korey Hall - Draft pick, played LB in college, more of a special teamer right now but they're teaching him FB
DeShawn Wynn - Draft pick, played HB in college but has the size to play FB. Packers are looking at converting him although he could see time at both spots.

Those are the main contenders. Right now, I think Hall will be on the roster for sure as a special teamer and backup FB. Wynn should also earn a roster spot since he can play multiple positions and is the big back the Packers need. White will be hard pressed to crack the roster although if he keeps impressing coaches he could displace Miree.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Berrian is better than Jennings, or if anything it's a push. And a healthy Bradley is better than anything Green Bay has right now.

Btw, who the hell is GB's FB? McKie is better than anyone I'm seeing on GB's roster right now.
Driver>>>>Bradley
Jennings>Berrian
If the packers get KRob back, the third receiver is ahead of the bears also.
FB is neither team's strong suit.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Driver>>>>Bradley
Jennings>Berrian
I meant Bradley is better than what Green Bay has at the #3 slot. Oh and it's pretty equal between Jennings and Berrian, so I'd say it's a push.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Bradley better than Koren Robinson Sweetness? ( wait he needs to get outta the clanker first)

Rex Grossman is a Dbag, Brett Favre is not.
Once Koren Robinson can actually stay on the field, then we'll talk but for now Bradley has the edge for the #3 slot.

And McKie is still better than what the Packers have right now. He's not a great FB but he's solid. He did help open up holes for a pretty potent rushing attack this year. That and he's a good reciever out of the backfield.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Driver>>>>Bradley
Jennings>Berrian
There is really nothing to justify Jennings ahead of Berrian at this point. Last season Berrian outperformed Jennings in basically any category you can think of. Sure Jennings could be better, but there's really no way to justify that at this point.

Comparing starters vs. starters has always been a really dumb way to compare teams anyway since this isn't basketball or boxing, but if you want to go there some of your comparisons are pretty baseless.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 05-21-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There is really nothing to justify Jennings ahead of Berrian at this point. Last season Berrian outperformed Jennings in basically any category you can think of. Sure Jennings could be better, but there's really no way to justify that at this point.

Comparing starters vs. starters has always been a really dumb way to compare teams anyway since this isn't basketball or boxing, but if you want to go there some of your comparisons are pretty baseless.
Actually, Jennings outperformed Berrian until his injury. Had Jennings not been injured, he would have easily surpassed Berrian statistically.

I agree that comparing starters vs. starters doesn't tell much about teams as a whole.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Actually, Jennings outperformed Berrian until his injury. Had Jennings not been injured, he would have easily surpassed Berrian statistically.
Well being injured is part of the game. And you can't say he would have unless you're Miss Cleo. Either way, he didn't, so....he didn't.

I think it's a little unbalanced to compare recievers in that way anyway because the Packers are a pass first team where ours is a run first. Not to mention that you had a more stable QB situation last year.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

When exactly did Jennings get hurt anyway? I remember that but according to NFL.com he only missed the meaningless Week 17 game against us.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:05 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Not according to NFL.com

Jennings had 632 yards and 3 TD's and Berrian had 775 and 6 TD's.

Berrian was basically inactive for about 3 games (injured for the Giants, didn't play much against the Jets or the Packers).

Right now it's a push with them. Jennings could very well be the better WR but we have no idea. And Berrian could transform himself into a complete WR this year, you never know. Therefore it's a push.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
When exactly did Jennings get hurt anyway? I remember that but according to NFL.com he only missed the meaningless Week 17 game against us.
I was reading that too. Kinda confused me, I remember Packer fans saying he was hurt but according to NFL.com he didn't miss but one game, and in every game he had yards and receptions. Hmmmm.....Interesting.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was reading that too. Kinda confused me, I remember Packer fans saying he was hurt but according to NFL.com he didn't miss but one game, and in every game he had yards and receptions. Hmmmm.....Interesting.
He was nowhere near as effective after he hurt his ankle. I'm not sure on exactly how much time he missed, but he definitely had less balls thrown his way.

If you look at game logs you'll see that Jennings was great early in the year but after his injury he wasn't the same player.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
He was nowhere near as effective after he hurt his ankle. I'm not sure on exactly how much time he missed, but he definitely had less balls thrown his way.

If you look at game logs you'll see that Jennings was great early in the year but after his injury he wasn't the same player.
Eh he went up and down. Had 2 100 yard games and an 80 yard game early, but he still was around the 50 yard mark a bunch as the season went on.

Berrian was a bit hobbled as well in the middle of the year but he was able to recover.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not to mention, he just looked sluggish after his injury, like he wasn't able to move around anymore.

Depth-wise, Chicago is well ahead of Green Bay at every position but DT. Comparing starters was only to prove whoevers point that on paper the talent level is about equal.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Just on the Jennings note again:

Jennings was tearing it up. People were thinking that he'd put up 1000+ yards. Who knows if he would have, but I can all but guarantee he would have outperformed Berrian. Jennings was sort of forgotten after his injury but he was up there with Colston for awhile.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2 simple words:

Packers suck!

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually our last few games of the season were in the playoffs while Brett Favre was home putting up streamers and picking out pastels for his daughters sweet 16 party. You can't compare games that didn't mean **** for us, that's a ridiculously desperate attempt to try to create a false impression of superiority.
Graduation party! Graduuuuuation party!

anyway

more importantly.

is going to take favres #278. And probably take away #421 from him too. mmmm.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just on the Jennings note again:

Jennings was tearing it up. People were thinking that he'd put up 1000+ yards. Who knows if he would have, but I can all but guarantee he would have outperformed Berrian. Jennings was sort of forgotten after his injury but he was up there with Colston for awhile.
Whered you get that chart from? The schedule is wrong, we had the Bears in the last week...
Old 05-21-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Whered you get that chart from? The schedule is wrong, we had the Bears in the last week...
I don't think one game is right

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Great job Moses, you just posted the entirely wrong schedule, although the stats looks right, haha. That's pretty funny. :D

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great job Moses, you just posted the entirely wrong schedule, although the stats looks right, haha. That's pretty funny. :D
Oh, that's this years schedule. Like you said that stats look like they were for the right weeks last year, but still odd.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

The opponents aren't right but the time he got his yards are. I didn't even notice that.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had Jennings continued at the pace he was at the first 5 weeks he wouldve hit 1100, he avgeraged 72 yds per game the first 5

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Had Jennings continued at the pace he was at the first 5 weeks he wouldve hit 1100, he avgeraged 72 yds per game the first 5
you can't extrapolate stats like that... just doesn't happen.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote