Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: WHO WILL BE BETTER
Sammie Stroughter 18 52.94%
Jaison Williams 16 47.06%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.
Default Sammie Or Jaison

Who is the Better prospect for the NFL
Sammie Stroughter or Jaison Williams

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------
Stroughter, S. 14 74 1293 17.5 5 80 92.4

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------
Williams,Jaison 12 68 984 14.5 6 67 82.0
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think stroughter will be a better prospect because of his return ability
Old 05-20-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont believe that any real football is played west of the mississippi, so i went purely on numbers. jk, but i said Sammie

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Stroughter is a way faster WR but Jaison is a Very Tall Calvin Johnson type WR but not as good
Old 05-21-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're both very different. Stroughter is more of a playmaker at this point, but Jaison Williams certainly has the potential to impress a lot of people this year.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
T-Rat42
Rookie

T-Rat42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Finally, someone else talking about Sammie! Sammie has all the tools except size, so there's no reason he can't be a great receiver. Jaison Williams is extraordinally gifted but he needs to get his attitude in check and stop thinking he's the ****. Then he'll be good. But based on production from last year Sammie wins by a long shot, he wins in every statistical category, he can also return, and his team was better. Sammie wins out.

Mad Props to JETS5128 for the sig!
T-Rat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Also there r not many beaver fans on this forum now theres another
Old 05-21-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jaison Williams. 6'5" 240 pound WRs with good hands and decent speed / agility come along only every once in a while. I like big WRs that can take it over the middle and knock a few heads off.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
T-Rat42
Rookie

Williams does have great size. But he's not knocking any heads off this year if he doesn't get over being a lazy pansy.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sammie is a better ball player but after the season during the pre draft process Jaison will skyrocket up the boards

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough to say at this point. I think it's tough to compare such completely different WR's. Jaison is getting by right now by just physically dominating his opponents. He really needs to work on his hands and quickness. Dropped far too many passes last year. I think Stroughter is the more complete prospect. He's faster, has better hands and he can return kicks. I think Jaison obviously has more potential, but he really needs to work on a few key things before I'd view him as a legitimate NFL talent. We'll see how he looks this year though. He's only a junior, so he really could end up becoming a beast of a prospect over the course of the next 2 seasons.

Also, I'd like to point out that just because Jaison was our leading WR last season doesn't necessarily mean he's got the most pro potential. Brian Paysinger and Cameron Colvin are two guys who will attract scouts' attention as well. Hopefully Colvin can stay healthy and finally become what we thought he'd be when he first came to Eugene. As far as youngsters go, both Derrick Jones and Terence Scott might end up being better prospects than the 3 older guys. They've both got world-class speed. Our WR corps is ridiculous right now. Tons of competition. I didn't even mention Garren Strong, because I don't think he's much of an NFL prospect. But he'll play a big role this year as well. Go ducks.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
Sammie is a better ball player but after the season during the pre draft process Jaison will skyrocket up the boards
Jaison is only a junior.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Jaison is only a junior.
So he will most likly declare
Old 05-22-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after 2-3 seasons in the NFL, Jaison has potential to be a Dominant WR, and he's on my Wish list.. where as Stroughter, IMO is going to be a Solid if not great #2.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adarius Bowman
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianSmith View Post
So he will most likly declare
Care to explain your reasoning behind that assumption?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
T-Rat42
Rookie

If the Ducks have a good season this year I can see Jaison staying through his junior season. However I have a hard time seeing him giving up NFL money for another 7 win season that ends in the Vegas bowl. So to me it all depends on how well the Ducks do as a team.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rat42 View Post
If the Ducks have a good season this year I can see Jaison staying through his junior season. However I have a hard time seeing him giving up NFL money for another 7 win season that ends in the Vegas bowl. So to me it all depends on how well the Ducks do as a team.
Wow, I guess people are more high on him at this point than I am. I really don't think it would be wise to come out unless he'd be assured of going first day. He'd need to make some major strides this year for that to happen. I think his decision will have a lot more to do with things that actually matter. If we only win 7 games, chances are that he didn't improve much over last year. If we were to win 10, the chances of him leaving would be higher if anything. Ultimately, it will come down to whether he is projected as a top WR in the draft. I just don't see that right now, but I admit it's possible.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

i still think Sammie is comparable to Steve Smith
Old 05-23-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
T-Rat42
Rookie

Well I just think that his size and natural ability are very recognizable at this point. I bet an average season by him could still land him in the 3rd round. However I can't see him gaining the discipline neccessary to breakout into an elite prospect. I'm not saying there's no way he returns for the whole 4 years but I just think leaving early is certainly a possibility for him. He and Sammie are both first day picks at this point and both could breakout into the first round, especially Sammie with a season like last year if he could find the endzone some more.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

V. Young hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dude sammie is real good. I voted for jaison only cause Im a homer and hes good. 6' 4" 240 is big, haha. and hes quick for his size.
V. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Sammie i think is Underrated
Old 05-30-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
T-Rat42
Rookie

Sammie is deinitely underrated. He didn't score a lot of TD's last year because our offense was designed for either Joe Newton Yvenson Bernard in the red zone. If you watch Sammie's routes you notice that he's somewhat open every time. He's one of the best at getting seperation that i've ever seen. People think his NFL potential is just returning kicks but he can become a great receiver too.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rat42 View Post
Sammie is deinitely underrated. He didn't score a lot of TD's last year because our offense was designed for either Joe Newton Yvenson Bernard in the red zone. If you watch Sammie's routes you notice that he's somewhat open every time. He's one of the best at getting seperation that i've ever seen. People think his NFL potential is just returning kicks but he can become a great receiver too.
Ya he will be a great WR
Old 05-31-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianSmith View Post
i still think Sammie is comparable to Steve Smith
Let's hold off before comparing the guy to one of the best, if not the best WR in the game shall we?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote