Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
3 and 5 seem the least realistic to me. Briggs for Chris Simms? That value doesn't add up at all. Yes Atlanta trades Michael Vick for Briggs, that makes sense. Atlanta obviously has no faith in Vick after trading his capable backup to Houston, it's time to let Joey Harrington to run the show!
Too bad Chicago doesn't do that trade with Atlanta.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Grossman than Vick right now. No question about it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I thought the bears goal was to "win the superbowl", and Vick improves that how?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Although having Vick would be mighty interesting. Dual QB system?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People can say what they want about Rex Grossman, but I'm almost 95% sure he isn't running an illegal dog fighting operation out of his backyard. Make that 90% sure.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Too bad Chicago doesn't do that trade with Atlanta.
Yep too bad, an overall weakening of the NFC would be nice(for Philadelphia), but all the smug AFC fans would continue to mock the inferior conference.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
People can say what they want about Rex Grossman, but I'm almost 95% sure he isn't running an illegal dog fighting operation out of his backyard. Make that 90% sure.
"Today's headline, dog fighting gone rampant in the NFL? It seems police have made an arrest involving Bears quarterback Rex Grossman for owning and operating a massive ring of dogfights. For more on the scene we go to our Asian reporter Trisha Takinawa.

It seems as though Mr. Grossman had a very elaborate dogfighting scheme that stretched through three countries, two continents and 38 states. Wait, I'm getting something, it has just been confirmed through the Chicago police department that one of Grossman's operations is the one that Mike Vick has been taking heat for for the past several weeks. If that's not irony, Tom, I don't know what is."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Grossman would run an illegal dog fighting operation but it interferes with his celebrating Arbor and Flag day. He likes holidays you know..

Old 05-21-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I thought the bears goal was to "win the superbowl", and Vick improves that how?
Did you even read his post, check that can you read? He said he'd rather have Grossman than Vick. Wasn't that clear enough?

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Rex Grossman would run an illegal dog fighting operation but it interferes with his celebrating Arbor and Flag day. He likes holidays you know..
Casmir Pulaski as well. He's kind of a big deal in Chicago.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Nah, he's just chillin' with Sisqo.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Did you even read his post, check that can you read? He said he'd rather have Grossman than Vick. Wasn't that clear enough?
Yes, i know i was agreeing with him. However, but i forgot to type "i agree with this guy" then continue on why vick is rather awful. I was just too lazy to edit it.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
3 and 5 seem the least realistic to me. Briggs for Chris Simms? That value doesn't add up at all. Yes Atlanta trades Michael Vick for Briggs, that makes sense. Atlanta obviously has no faith in Vick after trading his capable backup to Houston, it's time to let Joey Harrington to run the show!
I'd rather let Briggs become an unrestricted free agent and get a 2009 3rd round compensatory pick. :)
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Please do it. Please get McNabb out of the NFC East and start a rookie.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Please do it. Please get McNabb out of the NFC East and start a rookie.
You people realize that Kolb isnt the #2 right?...
Old 05-21-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a horrible thread there is zero chance of it happening. McNabb will start for Philly the next 3 years garanteed.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You people realize that Kolb isnt the #2 right?...
What do you mean by "You people"?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
This is a horrible thread there is zero chance of it happening. McNabb will start for Philly the next 3 years garanteed.
Guaranteed he doesn't. You don't draft a QB in the 2nd Round without intention to play him in at least 3 years.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Guaranteed he doesn't. You don't draft a QB in the 2nd Round without intention to play him in at least 3 years.
If he plays like he has played there is no way he is let go or traded just to let an unknown play. Also Tommy Maddox was drafted by Denver in 1992(i will thank myself for pointing out an example to own you) in the first round, its called adding depth or taking the best player availble when you have a good team. There is a very good chance McNabb plays the next 5 years in philly, there is a good chance that he is let go in 2 years. There is zero chance he isnt the starter this year.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
If he plays like he has played there is no way he is let go or traded just to let an unknown play. Also Tommy Maddox was drafted by Denver in 1992(i will thank myself for pointing out an example to own you) in the first round, its called adding depth or taking the best player availble when you have a good team. There is a very good chance McNabb plays the next 5 years in philly, there is a good chance that he is let go in 2 years. There is zero chance he isnt the starter this year.
Then why draft a guy in the 2nd Round, namely a QB? It's not like Kolb was the BPA there, I don't care what Philly says there were better players on the board. I had Kolb as a 3rd/4th personally. Usually when you draft players on the first day, you have intentions of playing them, and playing them soon.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
What do you mean by "You people"?
Clearly he's a racist.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Then why draft a guy in the 2nd Round, namely a QB? It's not like Kolb was the BPA there, I don't care what Philly says there were better players on the board. I had Kolb as a 3rd/4th personally. Usually when you draft players on the first day, you have intentions of playing them, and playing them soon.
Or "Kolb" was their "BPA there", apparently Andy Reid and all the coaches were really high on him so they took him. "I had kolb as a 3rd/4th personally" I trust the Eagles scouts and coaching staff a little more, if they thought he was going to be there at the end of the second or 3rd they would have taken him there. As for "Usually when you draft players on the first day, you have intentions of playing them, and playing them soon", Usually teams are not deep enough to take the BPA, or Draft for Depth. This was the 36th pick in the draft not a top 10 pick in the draft. So let me get this straight, if McNabb comes in and throws for 3500 30 and 10, then does it again in 2008, while leading one of the NFL's Top offenses (BTW all realistic) The eagles are just going to cut or trade him and be like "here ya go kolb, good luck" and take a cap hit? If thats your position that is ridiculous. If McNabb plays like he has for most of his career it is his job, if he gets injured a bunch/forgets how to play football they will move on. If he sticks around Kolb could be devolped and traded, or he can wait around until his contract is up.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I'd be the happiest man on the face of the earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I'd be the happiest man on the face of the earth.
yeah it was McNabb beating you guys the last two times.... oh wait it was a backup QB doing that... lol
Old 05-21-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
yeah it was McNabb beating you guys the last two times.... oh wait it was a backup QB doing that... lol
So you don't think the Eagles would be worse with Feeley starting for an entire season than McNabb?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote