Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-22-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Brodie Croyle Question

How high is his ceiling? Who would be a good comparison prospect wise?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Printers is better.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got a fantastic arm and seems to have a very good grasp of the position, but size and durability are pretty big concerns. If he can stay healthy I'd say he'd made a very solid starter.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has no knees left. The Chiefs probably would have taken Quinn if he had fallen another spot.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
He has no knees left.
Neither did Frank Gore
Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Casey Printers is better.
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Watching him play in preseason made me cringe.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
He has no knees left. The Chiefs probably would have taken Quinn if he had fallen another spot.
Neither did Joe Namath, the great quarterback who's records at Alabama all have been broken by none other than Brodie Croyle.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
No, they actually tried to trade down with Cleveland as well but they wanted Cleveland's 2nd and 3rd rounder but Cleveland wanted to keep another pick on the first day so they gave up there 1st round pick next year to get Dallas' pick in the first round.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Neither did Joe Namath, the great quarterback who's records at Alabama all have been broken by none other than Brodie Croyle.
Joe Namath had knees coming into the Pros.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Brodie has everything it takes to be a good QB in the NFL.Injuries and height are his only problems.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, they actually tried to trade down with Cleveland as well but they wanted Cleveland's 2nd and 3rd rounder but Cleveland wanted to keep another pick on the first day so they gave up there 1st round pick next year to get Dallas' pick in the first round.
I love Eric Wright, but that makes me mad I would rather have next year's 1st then this years third...
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think of him like this, McNair's knees, Bree's body but Kerry Collins arm.

Best case scenario, Kurt Warner sort of, Worst case: Billy Volek.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Watching him play in preseason made me cringe.
and watching Croyle didnt?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
and watching Croyle didnt?
but Croyle barely played last year just in mop up roles in blowouts
Old 05-22-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
but Croyle barely played last year just in mop up roles in blowouts
He said in pre-season. They were both horrible in pre-season last year.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Joe Namath was terrible.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
He said in pre-season. They were both horrible in pre-season last year.
Good point. Croyle was lesser of too evils last year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

The thing I love about Croyle is even after he threw his INT's he never lost confidence. He quickly came back and took another shot downfield. He has that gunslinger mentality. I think Croyle has a much better shot at becomming the QBOTF, but Chiefs fans have given up on Printers way too soon.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Eagles02

I hate to say this, but the first time I saw Croyle in a Chiefs uniform I thought he was a punter.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles02 View Post
I hate to say this, but the first time I saw Croyle in a Chiefs uniform I thought he was a punter.
I have seen pictures of him this year and he looks like he has gotten a little bigger. I would say he is just as big as Huard or Green.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Brodie Croyle starts 16 games for the Chiefs they will have a serious problem, because if he's the guy, then they can't take Brohm, and they have LJ so they can't take McFadden.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he starts 16 games and your in position to get Brohmn then he is your problem and you grab Brohmn

he was only a 3rd rounder its not like you have that much invested in him
Old 05-26-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
If Brodie Croyle starts 16 games for the Chiefs they will have a serious problem, because if he's the guy, then they can't take Brohm, and they have LJ so they can't take McFadden.
I don't get how that is a problem? If Croyle starts 16 games that likely means that Croyle is the QBOTF like they think he is. If he starts 16 games then we probably have no need for another QB unless he is just for depth.

We're going OT or CB in round 1 next year, not QB.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
theogt
Rookie

theogt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I've heard differently. The Cowboys "GM" (who was a KC scout just a few years ago and still has connections there) said that KC was without a doubt taking Quinn.
theogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
if he starts 16 games and your in position to get Brohmn then he is your problem and you grab Brohmn

he was only a 3rd rounder its not like you have that much invested in him
What makes Brohm so impressive that we would need to take him?

We have bigger needs than QB such as a franchise left tackle or youth at cornerback.