Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-15-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Exactly, just look at his fingers.

:D
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the big game is 6 days away and I just want to wish you guys good luck and hope to see a great game from your team as well as mine.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119
.....what are you talking about alca
what?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to have a guy like Reggie Nelson too. But he probably won't fall. I'm hoping for jeff samardjiza. He is a short pass reciever that is also good at the deep ball. He would fit in just fine because of Charlie Weis. I'm also hoping that we might get Paul Posluszny. He might be a good young linebacker to help our core.
What do u guys think?
bingbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys i know this is a noob question, but it is because i'm a noob. SO i was wondering how do u guys get pictures in your thing like your asante samuel one.[img]asantesamuelpu1[/img]
Old 01-15-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayFaithful
Guys i know this is a noob question, but it is because i'm a noob. SO i was wondering how do u guys get pictures in your thing like your asante samuel one.[img]asantesamuelpu1[/img]
You do that thing with the [img] tags, but with a URL instead of a file name.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd love to have a guy like Reggie Nelson too. But he probably won't fall. I'm hoping for jeff samardjiza. He is a short pass reciever that is also good at the deep ball. He would fit in just fine because of Charlie Weis. I'm also hoping that we might get Paul Posluszny. He might be a good young linebacker to help our core.
What do u guys think?
Reggie Nelson would be nice, but he won't be left when we pick. The Shark isn't really a good pick for us. We don't really have a lot of wide receiver height, but I wouldn't draft a player that wasn't committed to the game. Paul Posluszny would be a good pick at inside linebacker, but I am not really sure he'll be left either, and besides, I don't think Bill Belichick really trusts young linebackers. Right now I suppose I am hoping for something like Eric Weddle and Jarvis Moss in the first round.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

ya your probably right about the Nelson and Paul pick. But i'm hoping Jeff will commit to football and i love him and i hope we pick him. He might fit good in our system. He has hands.

What reciever do u think we should draft then?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I am 100% on board the Sidney Rice bandwagon. A dream first round would be him and one of either Reggie Nelson, Michael Griffen or Patrick Willis...
Old 01-15-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Not sure anymore about drafting a safety in first round, except if great value is there.

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy
Quote:
What do u guys think?
We don't really have a lot of wide receiver height,
Not really true.

Reche Caldwell 6'0"
Jabar Gaffney 6'1"
Chad Jackson 6'1"

Ok, they are not giants but not short either.

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Oh I agree, if Landry, Nelson or Griffen is there, it is a no-brainer, but otherwise, it can wait. James Sanders was in on a lot of plays in that last game, and Eugene Wilson will get healthy. I would like to see some rotations in an effort to get Rodney through a whole season, though...

Tully Banta Cain has really come on lately too. LB might not even be as huge of a need now. I mean, we could definitely use some youth, but at the same time, Tedy, Vrabel, Tully, Rosie, Seau and Izzo are a solid LB corp, we could sign someone like Donnie Edwards and have some good rotations there as well. Maybe that means corner is the way to go, although if we resign Asante, Ellis Hobbs keeps improving, Randall G ay still exists, we could sign a FA or two and be servicable there too.

That's it, we need to take Sidney Rice AND Robert Meachem, round one.

Am I the only one growing to be more and more frustrated every week with the play of Ben Watson? I know I've mentioned it before, but this guy drops balls way too much...
Old 01-16-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let us unite the Caldwells and draft Chad in the later rounds :D
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:26 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
I am 100% on board the Sidney Rice bandwagon. A dream first round would be him and one of either Reggie Nelson, Michael Griffen or Patrick Willis...
I'm with you there. Sidney Rice would look reaaal good in a blue and silver uniform.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:05 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the new mock has us taking Bowe over Rice.
I'm a huge fan of Bowe, but I'm a bigger fan of Rice.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119
.....what are you talking about alca
what?
why do youy say random **** and dont say why
Old 01-16-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

Where do you think Jeff Samardzija where fall in the 2nd round. Do you think he will fall to the Patriots.?

I hope so i love him. I want him in the first round but i guess thats not going to happen after seeing the lastest mick draft by Scott Wright.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Quote:
Where do you think Jeff Samardzija where fall in the 2nd round. Do you think he will fall to the Patriots.?

I hope so i love him. I want him in the first round but i guess thats not going to happen after seeing the lastest mick draft by Scott Wright.
first of all i dont think he will fall to the 2nd and if he does there is no chance he would fall to us
Old 01-16-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:

He very well could be there for us in the second. The thing is, he's a fantastic baseball player. He was drafted 149th overall, in the 5th round of the baseball draft. And in a 50 round, 1500 player draft, thats within the 10th percentile, which in NFL terms equates to being drafted 22nd. And he would have gone higher in the baseball draft if not for his football commitements. If Jeff commits to football, no way he'll make it out of the first...or the top of the second. If he trys to play baseball and football, he might be there when we pick in the 3rd because of the physical stress associated with being a starting pitcher.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

SAY NO TO SAMARDZIJA. The guy blows and he would be terrible on the Pats.

I think WR is still a need, but as for first round I'm not sure. Brady has a nice connection going with Gaffney who is playing great, Caldwell had a good year, and Chad Jackson will only get better. We need depth, but I would love to see us add some more defense in round one this year. I like Rice a lot as well, but I highly doubt Belichick goes after another raw WR. I wouldn't complain about drafting him though. Outside of Calvin, Rice is my favorite WR.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

ALright guys, i have a question that i kind of want to happen. -Do you think that the patriots might trade one of their 1st,2nd, and 5th round pick for a top 15 pick?

Is that a posablity?

Do you think we could trade up for a top 10?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHobbs27
SAY NO TO SAMARDZIJA. The guy blows and he would be terrible on the Pats.
Whats wrong with his game? 4.57ish 40 speed, good pad speed, vision, runs clean routes, and he has great hands. Add in the fact he's 6'5 and knows our offense, and you have a perfect fit.
But still, the baseball thing makes me not want to touch him.
Quote:
="FenwayFaithful"]
ALright guys, i have a question that i kind of want to happen. -Do you think that the patriots might trade one of their 1st,2nd, and 5th round pick for a top 15 pick?

Is that a posablity?

No way in hell. It would be stupid. Why trade away 3 picks for a top 10 pick when your in a playoff hunt and don't have any glarring needs, especially in a very talented draft.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Whats wrong with his game? 4.57ish 40 speed, good pad speed, vision, runs clean routes, and he has great hands. Add in the fact he's 6'5 and knows our offense, and you have a perfect fit.
But still, the baseball thing makes me not want to touch him.
Exactly that. We thrive on guys who are smaller WR's and have better speed then 4.57.

I say no to a trade up at this point. If we don't have many needs to worry about in the offseason, then I would consider moving up to get the best player possible at the position we have a need at, but right now I want to stay where we are and add 2 good prospects.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I would not call what we have been doing with our receivers as if late as thriving. Plus the big thing with those small guys is their ability to cut and get upfield. Watch Notre Dame's game against UCLA. Thats what Jeff is good at. He's also great on WR screens, and that fits right into our gameplan...even though screens have fell out of favor this year.
Besides, Gaffney ran a 4.56, Caldwell ran a 4.53, Brown was about a 4.5(Quickness is his game though). So Jeff is just as fast straightline wise as any of those guys. And the he is atleast 5 inches taller than all those guys. But he's not a straightline speed guy anyway. Jeff being slow is a giant misconception. He doesnt run a 4.3, but most good receivers don't. Look at Chad Jackson. Top notch straightline speed, but he's not a good route runner.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Quote:

Is that a posablity?

i hope i dont sound rude but why do you keep underlining things