Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-21-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
THIS.

Brady seemed to zone in on Moss almost the entire 2nd half.
I watched him. I never saw him go through a progression. If he did, it was like once.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodhead will probably be the guy. He's capable too. He's fast in short spaces, so I think he'll help out in the passing game for sure. Blocking...I don't know. We'll see. I think we need to sign another back just for insurance for sure. Maybe even make a trade.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Edelman would be solid. They've been needing to find a way to get him on the field with Welker and the other receiving options (he's useless when Welker's out there). I don't even think he'd be a terrible blocker (though Sammy and Fred are excellent pass blockers).
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, anyway, Bills. Fitzpatrick's starting. As long as we can contain the run we should be in good shape. No matter how much we're up(assuming we are) to start with, the one thing I want to see is us finish a game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-23-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be really nice to see someone step up at the DE spot. Every time I see Wilfork lined up at DE I want to smack my tv. We have added an awful lot of Dline guys over the last few years to have Vince there as much as we did against the Jets.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Everytime we put him there we lose something up the middle. Sucks kind of bad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Reiss is reporting that Shawn Crable has been promoted from the PS to the active roster to take Kevin Faulk's spot:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...to-be-promoted

I've always had high hopes for this guy, hopefully he'll make the most of his chance..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm not too upset with our defense, outside of Butlers play. Get ready for a long season of that, the Jets did a good job of seeing something on film and just throwing it to his side. They maybe tried twice to throw at McCourty (<3).
I haven't gotten a chance to look at the recording of the game again, but McCourty was beaten for two touchdown passes. I wouldn't say he played well at all, he just wasn't really challenged much because of how badly Butler played the entire game. When you know you're going to be able to throw at one side consistently whenever you need a first down or a key pass, why bother trying to throw to the other side?

Also, if anyone's interested, I have started tweeting during Patriots games with a little bit of recap/analysis and posting on some of the news that happens there. Check it out if you have a chance:

http://twitter.com/bestshowonsnow
Old 09-25-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Arrington has replaced Butler. This is bad.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's only speculation at this point. At least, that's the way I read it. Haven't seen anything definite about it so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

The Boston Globe has an article on the Clay Matthews III trade (the one where the Packers got the Patriots pick to select him)

Here is what everyone else got:
Clay Matthews - monster OLB
Jamon Meredith - didn't make team
Travis Goethel - ???

Here's what we got:
Darius Butler
Julian Edelman
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Tate

I'd love to have had Matthews (even then, I was advocating for him to be the pick) but I quite like those 4 guys as well (even if Butler needs to work on his performance some more)

edit link: http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ing_the_1.html
Old 09-25-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Kyle Arrington has replaced Butler. This is bad.
I think it's bad that Butler played like that, I think it's good that they're giving someone else a chance.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I would take Clay Matthews. He was exactly what we needed and continue to need. He was really a perfect fit.

Anyway, game day! Less than twelve hours away. Hopefully we can play for 60 minutes today. I would also like to see some success on the deep ball too. Overall, just playing more in control and executing should be the focus today.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-26-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's late, but if anyone's interested, I was able to finish my film review of the first half of the New England/Cincinnati game and wrote down some notes on things I noticed the second time around.

Week 1: Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots

First Quarter Notes:

15:00 - New England kicks off to Cincinnati. Tracy White and Kyle Arrington break through to make a gang tackle at the 18 yard line.

14:56 - Carson Palmer tries to force a pass down the left sideline to Terrell Owens, who was being tightly covered by McCourty, but the pass falls incomplete.

14:50 - Owens beats McCourty on a long out for 14 yards. McCourty gave Owens a big cushion as opposed to the press he gave him on the last play.

13:00 - New England's defense gets off the field on third down after a sack on Carson Palmer. Wilfork broke down the play, and Pryor/Banta-Cain shared the sack.

11:30 - Tom Brady finds Aaron Hernandez all alone, who gathers a ton of yards after the catch. Excellent pass protection by the Patriots on that play. Hernandez and Moss were both lined up to the left, and ran intersecting routes. Moss commanded a double team, and no one was covering Hernandez.

9:53 - New England scores on a screen pass to Welker. New England lined up with Welker/Gronkowski/Crumpler split wide left vs. just two Bengals defenders. At the start of the play, Matt Light cut blocked Antwan Odom to prevent him from deflecting the screen, and then the two tight ends cleared the way for Welker to score.

8:15 - Patriots defense is able to get off the field on another 3rd and 2 as Palmer is forced to throw off of his back foot and misses his target.

4:45 - Fred Taylor breaks off a huge run - New England is punishing the Bengals on both lines. Excellent blocks downfield as well.

2:38 - The drive stalls out when Brady goes to Faulk on 3rd and 3. Brady is forced to throw a little bit early and Faulk isn't able to reel it in. A Gostkowski field goal makes it 10-0.

1:15 - Mike Wright slips the double team to stall Cedric Benson, then Rob Ninkovich is able to force and recover a fumble. No one touched Ninkovich down so he was able to get up and run the ball down to the 10-yard line.

Second Quarter Notes:

12:25 - Brady goes deep down the middle of the field to Moss, but Randy is unable to haul it in with solid coverage by Chris Crocker. A drop for Moss.

11:45 - Brady throws a quick hook to Moss, who runs the ball to the 25 for a 32-yard gain. Johnathan Joseph was in coverage on the play.

9:48 - Brady scrambles to the left and finds Kevin Faulk on the left sideline. Faulk was able to get possession while falling out of bounds down to the five yard line. He was lined up wide to the left on that play, with Randy Moss in the slot.

9:05 - Wes Welker catches his second touchdown of the game on a quick in route over the middle. The touchdown follows two dropped throws in the end zone from Hernandez and Welker. 17-0.

5:50 - Carson Palmer stares down Jermaine Gresham the entire play and is intercepted by Gary Guyton, who jumps in front of the pass and runs it all the way back for a touchdown. 24-0.

1:25 - Palmer tests McCourty by throwing down the right sideline to Terrell Owens in the end zone, but McCourty has tight coverage the entire time and is able to break up the pass. Cincinnati has to settle for a field goal - 24-3.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Brady played awesome today. Almost had a perfect quarterback rating going. All and all, on offense, this was a great game. BJE looked great and Danny Woodhead might well make something of himself with us. Only complaint is we came out flat to start, but we were nearly perfect in the second half.

Defense was another story. Nichovich is a glaring hole on defense. Makes some plays, but misses a whole lot of tackles as well. Overall, we just didn't control gaps or get a push at the LOS for **** today.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-27-2010, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate no living in Massachusetts. Only pats games I get to see breathe nationally broadcast ones. Thank God they're good or I'd never see them.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK so far the Patriots offense has played well for 2 and a half games while the defense has played well for a half a game. With the exceptions of one play the STs has also looked good. Problem is there's not a lot of 60 minute games being played. This needs to get sorted soon if there is any chance of going far this year. However, if we beat Miami we will be 3-1 and with that schedule that is a pretty good start.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Playing the last 30 minutes is a big improvement over playing the first.

But yeah, let's talk defense. It was obviously, pretty bad. We had a hard time getting off the field and the pass rush was painful to watch at times this week against a team that really has no business shutting our guys down. There were some positives though. The secondary made a lot of plays. They gave some up, but they also were able to make some big ones, which is something we haven't seen in recent years.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-27-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens cut Trevor Pryce...Gerard Warren has been playing very well and Brace got banged up a little but he still has looked a lot better, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving Pryce a look. He is old but he is still serviceable, and I don't think we've seen enough out of that second DE spot to say it is ouf the question to give him a look...

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Ravens cut Trevor Pryce...Gerard Warren has been playing very well and Brace got banged up a little but he still has looked a lot better, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving Pryce a look. He is old but he is still serviceable, and I don't think we've seen enough out of that second DE spot to say it is ouf the question to give him a look...
There is no harm in seeing if he can at least compete for a spot on the roster. Hell, I'll do anything to have another competent DE on the field if it means Wilfork will stay the duration of the game at NT.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Bring him in and see what he can do at least. He's ancient, but still productive until recently anyway..

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets got him, not surprised...

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Nope. That makes sense.

Anyway, what do we do with Meriweather at this point? Chung has played out of his mind as of late and is really one of the few guys on our defense that seems to be getting better like he's supposed to. Meriweather is clearly in the **** house at this point. I would love for him to beat out Sanders, but he may not if he keeps pissing off the coaching staff. Do we put him at corner? He would be manned up on people more often and coverages for him would be less scripted, which gives him less room to free lance. Either way, he's starting to play again and we need him to play at the level he did last season in order to move forward as defense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats wrong with merriweather? I mean he gae up that one TD last week, but I havent really seen anything wrong with his play, tho I havent been looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

He's in the BB doghouse right now, that's why he hasn't been playing. He's been freelancing and not taking instruction or running with the scheme.

R.I.P. Junior Seau