Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-02-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'd be happy with a third.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be happy with a reasonable return of a reasonable Logan Mankins :((((

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With our Raiders 1st rd pick, I'll be happy if we get one of these

Patrick Peterson
AJ Green
Robert Quinn

or one of the many DLine prospects that are in the 1st rd. Looks like we'll pretty much have our pick of the litter.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll **** my pants if we came away with one of those studs

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only issues in the linebacker class sucks this year...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, the OLB class is dog ****. Maybe the Prince of Blades could play the big OLB role? There have been a few Purdue DEs to come out and do that recently (with Cliff Avril being another one that could have done so). What free agents are out there? *gulp* Merriman?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Kerrigan is the one guy I like, but not with a first rounder.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kerrigan - possibly with our 2nd rounder from Carolina, which should be in the #33-36 range.

They are undoubtably one of the worst teams in the NFL this year.

Last edited by HellonEarth84 : 10-03-2010 at 11:14 PM.
HellonEarth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Monday Night Football!!!!

Discuss and such. I think we have a pretty good chance tonight gentlemen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every game the Pats go into they should have a good chance. However for tonight im not overly optimistic. I think the Dolphins match up well with most phases of our game(except the TEs could have a nice game) and it will be a tough matchup. 2-2 isn't a nightmare start but with the Jets going 3-0 in the division I feel we need this one tonight.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The CBA will make things interesting for guys like Mankins & Vincent Jackson. It's possible they become immediate UFAs as part of the negotiation. Or, they could very well be totally F'd by their own union as fodder for some other concession.

If Mankins is RFA again it will be another ugly mess. If he is UFA I doubt the Pats franchise him since a 1st is not coming to us for a guy who (presumably) doesn't play at all in 2010. At that point it would be a waste to franchise him and lose the chance at tagging Moss or someone else. Were Mankins to leave via UFA and sign a nice big contract we could get a 2nd or 3rd as a comp pick in 2012. With a nice stock of 2011 picks already, I think that would be a better scenario all around.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Every game the Pats go into they should have a good chance. However for tonight im not overly optimistic. I think the Dolphins match up well with most phases of our game(except the TEs could have a nice game) and it will be a tough matchup. 2-2 isn't a nightmare start but with the Jets going 3-0 in the division I feel we need this one tonight.
Our tight ends should be able to get loose tonight. I also don't think they have a particularly good answer to Welker. Davis did a good job on Moss last year, but he's also prone to making mistakes. It's going to be all about blocking tonight, I think. Defense too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The D is really going to be the difference. If we see play like we did vs. Cincy it could be a big win. If we see the team that played the last 6 quarters we're in trouble.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I honestly think McCourty matches up well on Marshall.
Might be unfair for him to have to cover him this early in his career, but I think he should be able to mitigate damage, at the very least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I agree on McCourty, but that's only one guy.

Hartline / Bess / Fasano / Ronnie & Ricky are all legit threats, too. We just haven't put together a decent outing start to finish. Two great first half performances and then junk for the rest.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chad Henne is available in a fantasy league, now would be the week to have gotten him.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I agree on McCourty, but that's only one guy.

Hartline / Bess / Fasano / Ronnie & Ricky are all legit threats, too. We just haven't put together a decent outing start to finish. Two great first half performances and then junk for the rest.
Yeah, this is all true. If we can stop the run and keep Marshall to making 5 or 10 yard catches I'm not that worried about the rest of their personnel. Easier said than done, but I think it's possible.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The CBA will make things interesting for guys like Mankins & Vincent Jackson. It's possible they become immediate UFAs as part of the negotiation. Or, they could very well be totally F'd by their own union as fodder for some other concession.

If Mankins is RFA again it will be another ugly mess. If he is UFA I doubt the Pats franchise him since a 1st is not coming to us for a guy who (presumably) doesn't play at all in 2010. At that point it would be a waste to franchise him and lose the chance at tagging Moss or someone else. Were Mankins to leave via UFA and sign a nice big contract we could get a 2nd or 3rd as a comp pick in 2012. With a nice stock of 2011 picks already, I think that would be a better scenario all around.
I don't think there's anyway they sign Moss if they F-tag him. The best they'll get for a comp pick for Mankins is a 3rd. If they can get a third or better via trade (they can), they'll tag him.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like were going to have to do well in the playoffs for Moss to want to come back. I dont see us giving him the biggest contract on the market. I would also like to stay away from spending one of our 1st rounders on a WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see a CJ in this draft.

AJ Green lacks speed and has problems being on the field
Malcolm Floyd can't stay healthy
Jon Baldwin disappears in games at random times
Julio Jones needs better hands (actually my favorite of the 4, but I can't see his hands getting better)

I'd much rather have one of the following: Patrick Peterson, Robert Quinn, Allen Bailey, Cameron Heyward, Mark Ingram, Adrian Clayborn, Marcel Dareus, etc.

edit: Sneak out a Crabtree-lite like Jeff Fuller and maybe a RB sleeper like Darren Evans.

edit2: A surprise move would be to trade down and grab Rodney Hudson who can play both Guard and Center. He should go in the top 15. His size is because FSU has among the worst conditioning programs in the country. It got better this year but he's suffering from flu like symptoms. I think he could easily be 315 without losing his athleticism. Maybe more. Super strong too. I know fans won't love it, but it is a very real possibility. Supposedly the coaching staff wants to do this because they don't have a backup C that can truly take on the NTs that are in the AFC East (and the growing popularity of the 34 defense). If Pouncey or Eric Wood fell to them, they were going to be the pick. Just a rumor though.

Last edited by descendency : 10-04-2010 at 05:14 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I feel like were going to have to do well in the playoffs for Moss to want to come back. I dont see us giving him the biggest contract on the market. I would also like to stay away from spending one of our 1st rounders on a WR.
I think they just need to offer him something before he becomes a free agent, and they'll be able to keep him pretty easily.

And I don't think they even need Moss. He was a huge part of the insane 2007 team, but they won Super Bowls with far less than they'd have without Moss at WR. And I think that's where the lack of a contract offer for him is coming from... I think management just isn't sure if he really makes the team that much better. They'll be very careful to weigh the situation and make sure they make a football decision, not a PR decision (like they always do).
Old 10-04-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were looking hella bad right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

MVP of "The Game":
Chung?
Ninkovich?
Tate?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has to be Chung, what he did was pretty ridiculous.

Seeing Brady that pumped coming off the field was awesome.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I agree on all points. Chung was a STUD tonight. He was f'ing everywhere.

A game like that makes getting up at 4:30 in the morning a little easier haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau