Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ST really came through for us tonight, Henne gave our D a few gifts, and Moss didnt have a single catch. Just to keep us level haha, other then that Im very happy. ROAD/Division WIN BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chung develops into a game changer ala Polamalu or Bob Sanders, watch out. He looked like one of those two tonight making plays all over the field. This team can be a tease sometimes, but if all of our young guys start coming together (which it looks like they are) then this team is going to be a ************* terror very shortly. Throw in Robert Quinn, Cameron Heyward, and a few other young guys and it's going down in a major way.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're a linebacker, a defensive end, and a team leader type away from being good for a very long time. Quinn, Kerrigan, and Heyward would be that kind of haul and we can have it too :)

Oh, and let's not forget we did a god damned job on Brandon Marshall. McCourtey did well when he was on him and we zoned him well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrington despite giving up some catches always looked in position. A lot of times we saw him tripping and such, but I'm not too upset with his play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's been an upgrade over Butler. Much fewer big plays.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I've been more dissappointed with a 41-14 win... WTF?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
???? I couldn't be happier! We all know that Randy Moss won't get shut out every game and we know that the offense can score points with anyone. What we seen was the defense step up at critical stages, while they allowed yardage they only allowed two scores. And the special teams was unreal. Apart from Welkers muffed punt it was the perfect night for special teams. I'd like to see them keep this up and then the offense click. That could be scary

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:23 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Dude, come on! We played real good defense, shut down Marshall and didn't let him decide the game and our ST was crazy good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-05-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha. I know what you mean. The defense still gave up 400 yards of total offense. That's a lot considering. I think it had more to do with the offense not being on the field though. 3 special teams TDs, 2 defensive TDs...
Old 10-05-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Haha. I know what you mean. The defense still gave up 400 yards of total offense. That's a lot considering. I think it had more to do with the offense not being on the field though. 3 special teams TDs, 2 defensive TDs...
It's the whole bend but don't break philosophy. You will give up yards but it's what happens in crunch situations. Remember despite the Dolphins having the majority of possession, especially in the second half they limited them to only two scores, and one was on an all out blitz that was done up by a good play.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
It's the whole bend but don't break philosophy. You will give up yards but it's what happens in crunch situations. Remember despite the Dolphins having the majority of possession, especially in the second half they limited them to only two scores, and one was on an all out blitz that was done up by a good play.
Absolutely. I'd like to see lower yardage totals to go with the "bend but don't break" stuff, but we also have to factor in that the NFL is all about offense these days. The other part of that number (and the possession figure) is that the DST kept making such great plays that the offense was on the sidelines. TOP is an irrelevant stat when you have 3 TDs from special teams and a blocked punt resulting in a short field. Basically, the DST played so well the Dolphins TOP was absurdly high as a result.

Still, 400+ is a big, big day.

Overall, I sat there saying muttering WOW to myself throughout the second half just like I did in the first half of week one. I love the way the team played last night. Now let's see a full game of high intensity, consistent football.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The 400+ yards were honestly deceptive. Yeah, it's a big chunk, but the running game wasn't a factor and we forced them to pass into situations we were comfortable with defending. We dictated what they did, and prevented them from scoring. That's what it's all about.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everybody patrick chung tonight!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
everybody patrick chung tonight!
Yes sir.

Going back to it, I would like to point out that Chung played a large part in the anti-Brandon Marshall plan that was so effective. He wasn't the only guy, but he did his part for sure. Contributed in so many ways last night.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I'm all-aboard the bend-don't-break train, but they were breaking. Henne bailed that defense out a few times, and the special teams bailed them out a few more times.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The 400+ yards were honestly deceptive. Yeah, it's a big chunk, but the running game wasn't a factor and we forced them to pass into situations we were comfortable with defending. We dictated what they did, and prevented them from scoring. That's what it's all about.
My concern isn't the 400 yards. It's how they seemed to convert 3rd and long with little effort. We were conceding a crap load of space under and basically giving up 10 yards on 3rd downs. We got a few stops, but it seemed like they were a play or two away from really hurting NE.

But when you win 41-14, it's hard to complain. It just looked a lot more like a 3 point game than a 27 point one.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're a linebacker, a defensive end, and a team leader type away from being good for a very long time. Quinn, Kerrigan, and Heyward would be that kind of haul and we can have it too :)

Oh, and let's not forget we did a god damned job on Brandon Marshall. McCourtey did well when he was on him and we zoned him well.
I'd love to see two defensive studs with their two #1s but you know how BB rolls, some names that would get me very excited would be:

Quinn
Heyward
Crick
Herzlich

As for the plethora of big plays last night i think we can see the result of bringing in all those 2nd and 3rd round picks and the sheer genius of coach Belichick (and i dont toss that term around loosely)
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im diggin this love for pat chung on special teams..... but.....

not diggin when he blew that coverage and allowed the dolphins first TD however......

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Wasn't that James Sanders that blew the Bess coverage? Pretty sure it was Sanders.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:

They have a few guys that could be the team leader. I know Chung is that type of guy, and Mayo wants to be. They just need another year to figure out who's going to take over as the leader of the back 8.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to PFT/Glazer the Patriots are Vikings are talking trade for Moss. It would be sad to see him leave, especially in the middle of the year like that, but then again it almost makes too much sense to be honest. The Vikings are desperate for a WR, Favre always wanted to throw to Moss, he's undoubtedly still very popular there. Patriots are trying to rebuild, probably won't re-sign Moss, but could steer him out of the AFC and hoard another second round draft pick (hopefully), then target a wide receiver with one of our picks.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They're better without him at this point, imo. Not that I don't appreciate the guy, but I hate when Tom Brady gets locked in on him...that kills the offense. They have so many weapons now, I don't think we'll even notice him gone. He might be amazing for another team, but he's doing dick for the Pats.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme gimme gimme Moss!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noooooooooo say what you want, our offense depends on Moss having the D double and triple him.
Our D is too young, we need all the help we can get on O. Our special teams isn't going to play like that every week.
I do not want Moss gone.
I'm a sad panda

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The offense doesn't depend on Moss for ****. They've always had that underneath ****. Always. The offense might be more methodical, but that will help the defense more than anything because they'll eat up more clock.