Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-06-2010, 08:09 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrogance should be a sin.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Pats have 2 picks in every round this year. As a Bears fan, I am jealous.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so V-Jax to NE seems pretty good.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Is it weird if i was ok with trading Seymour but am ******* pissed that we're about to trade Moss?
And **** draft picks. The draft, as a Pats fan, is gonna give me a stroke.
Why'd you do that? Why'd we not get an OLB ? Who the **** is O'Connell?
Loved the Chung pick. Butler? Seriously? He's benched now for Arrington.
What about that ******* OLB we need?! Cunningham? That's gonna solve our problems?!

I'm so pissed.
Hindsight's brilliant. O'Connell i'll give you but people thought he had the tools to sit and develop for a few years. It didn't work out. A lot of people didn't like the Chung pick at the time either. Most people would have been ok to take Butler in the first, let alone the second. Would you prefer Wilhite back there instead because we've seen how that has worked out? And Cunningham has looked very good so far in all phases(rushing, against the run and in coverage)

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF?! A third round pick? Mother******* bull****, BB you're as dumb a ****** that I've ever seen. Trading a ******* HoF receiver for what we would have gotten anyways as a comp pick if we'd kept him! ****! I hate everything right now! QB12 must be pissed as well, I hope he's in BBs face right now telling how stupid a **** he really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
WTF?! A third round pick? Mother******* bull****, BB you're as dumb a ****** that I've ever seen. Trading a ******* HoF receiver for what we would have gotten anyways as a comp pick if we'd kept him! ****! I hate everything right now! QB12 must be pissed as well, I hope he's in BBs face right now telling how stupid a **** he really is.
Lol you ok their Razor???

This isn't ideal by any stretch but it gives them a 3rd rounder this year instead of 2012. There's gotta be something underlying here as well. No way did they just decide to get rid of him for a 3rd becuase he wouldn't be there next year.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of overreacting going on... A lot... I'm actually excited to see the team without him.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could be good without him but I'm still pissed, right now I think this is just stupid.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would everyone think if we sent a 2nd = min 3rd to SD for VJax? lol
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Lol you ok their Razor???

This isn't ideal by any stretch but it gives them a 3rd rounder this year instead of 2012. There's gotta be something underlying here as well. No way did they just decide to get rid of him for a 3rd becuase he wouldn't be there next year.
No, I'm not OK. I having a really ****** day as it is, and now this! ****! What are we going to do with another 3rd round pick? I don't see many third round picks on our roster that has panned out. BB is overvaluing potential and undervaluing ability right now. I don't know wtf he's doing right now, I have to be honest.. He's a great, great coach - maybe even GOAT. But he has made some really, really weird personnel decision over the last couple of years. I think he could have at least gotten a 2nd for him. He is after all the greatest, most dominant receiver ever (yes, even better than Rice). What makes this even worse for me is that Moss has always been my favourite player. When we first got him I told everybody how he was going help us kill every opponent. Nobody believed me. I guess everybody thinks he's done now. No way. This cat takes care of his body and what I see on the field is the same player as in 2007. Same speed, same effort. He just doesn't see much single coverage anymore. Imo he still has two or maybe even three years left as a top receiver, but now somebody else will get those points because BB ****** up. I'm sorry for the rant guys, but this is really pissing me off.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe for a second that Moss would have kept his head in the game for a 16 game season without a new contract. Had he S T F U and not been such a rag about it from OTA through now something may have been done. The way it went down looks like a classic Randy check-out.

It sucks. I'd rather have him on the team still. But I don't see any mention of how much of a giant douche Randy can become when he's cranky and feeling under appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
My concern isn't the 400 yards. It's how they seemed to convert 3rd and long with little effort. We were conceding a crap load of space under and basically giving up 10 yards on 3rd downs. We got a few stops, but it seemed like they were a play or two away from really hurting NE.

But when you win 41-14, it's hard to complain. It just looked a lot more like a 3 point game than a 27 point one.
I know it's tough to focus on anything non-Moss, but I think this 3rd down efficiency topic is a great point. I absolutely felt like we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down Monday night and that's a big problem.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's sad we even let it get to this ******* point. Let's not pretend Moss' role in the offense last week wasn't reduced a bit because we knew this was coming at a certain point. Ever since the Jets game, I can count on one hand how many targets he gets. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I am a realist. We should have taken care of Moss in the offseason or at least ******* done something to replace him. But nope. We trade Randy Moss, the best wide receiver of our generation not names Rice, for another ******* Terrence Wheatley. We're not about winning anymore. We're about **** draft picks and next year and trying to make our coach look like god.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think theres any over reacting, because to be honest our offense isnt going to be just fine against good teams. I mean lets think of the Jets match up for a second.....Revis will be on Welker, basically our most reliable WR, and with that everyone else is basically a first or second year guy. The run game we had that has looked good throughout the season, well have fun now that a safety doesnt have to give anyone help over the top. Wtf, not to mention Randy is going to torch us come the vikings game, I mean who are we going to cover him with, while at the same time trying to stop ******* AD. AND A THIRD ROUND PICK? really? you mean to tell me not a single other team would give up more then that, I find that very hard to believe. And now most likely were going to draft a WR in the first two rounds when we could of used those early picks on DE, OLB, O-line, RB. Whats worse is, in a year when things are wide open in the NFL and the ******* chiefs are 3-0, were basically saying this year isnt our year. Very frustrated right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Hey! WE CAN HAVE PLAYER A AND B AND C AND A2 AND C3(IF HE DROPS) SO ITS ALL OK LOLS

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Belichick View Post
OMGZZZZ! I have 8 selectionzzz in teh first four roundzzz! If Marzzzz and Venuzzz alignzz I will have 8 Hall of Famerrrzz!
I guess this will be my last "rant" in this matter, but needless to say that I'm disappointed lol.. I can see the smartness of the move as well, I just had hopes that Moss would finish his career as a Patriot.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

zoooooooomg so many draft picks! More ****** CBzzzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm officially breaking out the prescription pad for you guys.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

OLB
DE
OT
OG
OC
OG
WR
RB

it doesn't hurt having those draft picks if we have that many holes. I don't see how in 3 years we would still be competitive if a significant youth movement wasn't taking place. We are losing Randy Moss for twelve games beause no way was he going to be resigned. And if all the rumours of him becoming a distraction are true then it's a good price

Old 10-06-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the way Mos has played and acted, they're not sacrificing anything in the short term. It was a move that was made to allow them to move forward and continue to win games THIS year.

You guys are embarrassing. I don't know any of you right now.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record. I hated the O'Connell pick but since it was late, I didn't give it too much thought.
I loved the Chung pick, like Butler but not the position. Hindsight would indicate good job since we lost Bidden.
As far as Wilhite, looks like we'll just draft another one woth our newly acquired 3rd.
I never said I didn't like Cunningham , its just obvious that our olb unit as a whole is still subpar.

I'm so pissed cause moss was my favorite non-pat, then he joined our team and it was awesome. Now my two non pats favs are on the vikings. (Peterson and Moss)

This draft better be the greatest ever.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
With the way Mos has played and acted, they're not sacrificing anything in the short term. It was a move that was made to allow them to move forward and continue to win games THIS year.
This is the spin and there's probably truth to it, but it has to do with the entire way we go about things, not just this. Maybe Moss is less upset if we handle the situation differently instead of letting it get to that point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I'm interested to see how the draft strategy works out next year. They won't be able to use 12 more picks on the roster so they could actually use some on premium players. I know they won't use all 8 on the first 4 rounds but they could get real good players with the picks again.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I'm interested to see how the draft strategy works out next year. They won't be able to use 12 more picks on the roster so they could actually use some on premium players. I know they won't use all 8 on the first 4 rounds but they could get real good players with the picks again.
Yes, we absolutely need to turn the quantity into quality. Move up and secure 3 or 4 studs in the entire draft, please. We have the ammo to get three 1st round guys, even if it's in the 10 / 15 / 25 range at each pick.

Some combinatino of WR / DE / OLB / OL with 3 of them being top rated talents at their position.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Moss will probably put up big stats with the Vikings, but you kind of have to ignore that because he wasn't doing that here. The big thing that bothered me with Moss is the way Brady would lock in on him. Just look at the Jets game. The Pats got down, and Brady kept trying to force it to Moss. That's not the Super Bowl Champion, Mr. Clutch Tom Brady that I know... And that's not the first time that's happened. Since Moss has been in New England, Brady would just try to force it to Moss when the team was down rather than continue to spread it around like he was doing when they were winning multiple championships and were the class of the NFL.

The WR group in 2006 was really bad. Let's remember that. That's a huge reason for our perception that Randy Moss does so much for the offense... But the receiving group they have without Moss is far and away better than what they had from 2001-2006...and it isn't even close.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sounds like s Tom Brady problem. Why does it sound it was Moss' problem somehow?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote