Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-06-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care whose problem it was...all I care about is that the problem is gone.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's horse ****. BB should have the balls to tell Tom to stop playing dumb. So should we never go after a number one WR for fear of Tom getting tunnel vision again?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait what is this Nalej?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's crap. Brady elevated his play to another level with Moss here, even outside of statistics.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Wait what is this Nalej?
I dont get the question...

Old 10-06-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are you getting the info on your last two posts, was there a press conference or something?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

No, the claim is that we needed to get rid of Moss bc Brady forces it to him too much.
My claim is that Moss wasn't the problem (forcing), Brady was the one that needed to be addressed.
To fault Moss for Brady's flaw is beyond ridiculous. If that's the case, we should never pursue a no.1 WR for fear of Brady getting tunnel vision and sticking with his first read.
That's a dumb way to look at it.

Moss wasnt going to be resigned. So we get something before he leaves. I get it. To blame Moss for Bradys shortcomings makes mo sense though

Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Oh ok. And I'm not really upset the trade happened to begin with, because I agree we werent resigning him, I'm just upset that we didnt get the value we usually do when we move someone thats important to our team. I think EE said on the other page I'm more upset with this then the seymour trade, I agree because with seymour we got great value. Moss on the other hand, a third really isnt too helpful.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-06-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams carry 53 players.

We currently have 16 first and second year players, 12 picks. 28 first, second, and third year players next year would be insane. . .

edit: I think the Jets game was Tom trying to help Randy out with his contract issue by getting him the ball and making him look like he was an invaluable part to the team. When it blew up in his face, things went south quickly.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget about all the practice squad and IR guys. They've been making a lot of draft picks, but most of those guys are sticking and contributing. Most teams would kill for that kind of success in the draft.

I think it is better for them to develop their own guys because, aside from Bodden, they've had nothing but trouble trying to bring in free agents lately. The only guys that have stuck were special teams players. It's just hard to find veterans who will buy into "The Patriot Way" these days, it seems. Or guys will buy into it, then panic and **** everything up when their contract is up.

I'm excited for Week 6 and the rest of the season because, overreacting to the Moss trade aside, the Patriots are obviously still contenders...especially if the defense continues to get it together like I believe they will by mid-season.

But, man, who isn't excited for the 2011 draft? I'm expecting them to trade out of a bunch of those picks in order to stockpile future picks, but I think the picks they do make will be pretty ace.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So you think we see and Price involved now? Who are we gonna stick in as the number one wr? Welker? Tate? I guess its good we have a bye this week to get everyone ready, but man I hate waiting another week to see how the team responds.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-06-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Tate and Taylor Price were drafted to be intermediate to deep receivers. Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Edelman, etc are short to intermediate WR/TEs.

If you want to call Tate the #1 because he will be the biggest deep threat, then that's probably who it is.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welker is #1 and Tate/Edelman are #2 and #3 in some order. Remember, Bethel Johnson used to be our only deep threat and he was our #4 and we won two Super Bowls with him in that role. I hate seeing Randy go more from the perspective that I've always been a huge Moss fan and I have loved him being here, but I think the team will be OK without him as long as the defense plays well. Not really worried about the offense right now.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not in anyway excited for the 2011 draft. No faith that this team will do what needs to be done at the moment. I'm sure I'll come around, but right now I'm pretty pissed.

I was excited last year and the year before(mostly that year) it and came away a lot less impressed than I should have been and the same is likely to happen this year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-07-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm not in anyway excited for the 2011 draft. No faith that this team will do what needs to be done at the moment. I'm sure I'll come around, but right now I'm pretty pissed.

I was excited last year and the year before(mostly that year) it and came away a lot less impressed than I should have been and the same is likely to happen this year.
My thoughts exactly.

I have faith in Tate. I hope he tears it up the remainder of the season.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

Totatlly agree. At some point the decision needs to be made to grab the blue chip players instead of always trying to be the smartest guys on the block and get top value for 2nd & 3rd round picks. I'm going to be extremely irritated if we start dropping down the board again in 2011.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Ok, with a day to sit in it, I am a little bit less pissed, but it still wasn't a win now move, which is something we need to focus on. It weakens our team significantly, but I get it if it's a culture thing.

It just sucks that it had to happen the way it did. Randy Moss is the most electrifying receiver in the history of the NFL and it was so cool to watch him and Tom Brady work together for the years that they did. I don't think Randy was a bad guy or a locker room cancer, just a guy who wanted more than the organization could give him. Can't really blame him for looking out for his financial interests with the lockout looming.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's talk about us trying to make a move for Vincent Jackson.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
There's talk about us trying to make a move for Vincent Jackson.
Adam Schefter was very clear that this will never happen, and I agree. If the Patriots wouldn't pay Moss or Mankins, it would be a huge slap in the face to turn around and pay Jackson $60 million. That dude is one more arrest away from a season-long suspension. I don't see it at all. I could see the rumored Deion Branch trade but that's about it.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Adam Schefter was very clear that this will never happen, and I agree. If the Patriots wouldn't pay Moss or Mankins, it would be a huge slap in the face to turn around and pay Jackson $60 million. That dude is one more arrest away from a season-long suspension. I don't see it at all. I could see the rumored Deion Branch trade but that's about it.
If the Patriots could get him to sign a contract with a kill clause in it, then all we would lose is Mankins (who is basically dead to us anyways).

Mankins will only come in week 10, play 7 games + whatever post-season, and then walk via FA or non-exclusive franchise tag.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So you think we see and Price involved now? Who are we gonna stick in as the number one wr? Welker? Tate? I guess its good we have a bye this week to get everyone ready, but man I hate waiting another week to see how the team responds.
I think we see Hernandez lined up wide more. He's really effective when they force the defense to either cover him with the CB over there, or alter their formation significantly to get a safety or LB over there (which tips the coverage).

I'm not holding my breath on Price, but I like what they have in Tate, Welker, and Hernandez.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Price and Tate were rumored to be why the Patriots interest in Torry Holt faded. He was getting heavy rumors that he was going to be released. Then he got hurt.

edit: There were rumors that Taylor Price had passed Tate on the depth chart, a rumor that is clearly not true now.

Keep in mind, he didn't have a off-season, so a few extra weeks to get ready could have helped quite a bit.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
It is a move that I thought would not happen for a number of reasons, but I am curious to see if we actually did contact the Chargers about Jackson. He seems to possess all of the qualities that our organization sees as turnoffs.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Price and Tate were rumored to be why the Patriots interest in Torry Holt faded. He was getting heavy rumors that he was going to be released. Then he got hurt.

edit: There were rumors that Taylor Price had passed Tate on the depth chart, a rumor that is clearly not true now.

Keep in mind, he didn't have a off-season, so a few extra weeks to get ready could have helped quite a bit.
Eh...rumors. My basic point is that I'm not putting any stock in him until he plays and does something, but at the same time, I'm happy with what they have aside from Price.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Don't want any part in Branch or Jackson. Jackson is a bad apple and Branch is washed up and doesn't bring anything we don't already have to the offense. If we were to get him for sticks of gum, sure, I'll take him, but anything of value is a huge no for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau