Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-10-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling we wont lose this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, bye weeks can go suck a dick.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year I'm alright with it coming off the Moss trade. The Ravens will be our toughest team in the next month, and we need some time to get everyone on O on the same page, and everyone on D to get things together on third downs. ST's can take these two weeks off for all I care after last week.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Honestly, bye weeks can go suck a dick.
Yes sir. Agree completely.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah bye weeks are terrible. but look at it this way, no more for the rest of the season :) 12 straight weeks of games is fine with me! but this was the perfect week for a bye. helps the defense regroup and gameplay (more efficiently i hope) while the offense also gets used to the post-moss era

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's good for the team, bad for fans. We're all apprehensive post-Moss.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's good for the team, bad for fans. We're all apprehensive post-Moss.
You better delete this post other wise Goodell might see it and decide to take bye weeks away. THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN!

Quote:
Old 10-11-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Ugh Branch trade, me no likey.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we needed a veteran receiver and it doesn't hurt to have a guy who has been here before, I could see it being an OK pickup but sometimes we do things that just mystify me.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Seahawks are rolling around on the floor laughing at how they just swindled the Patriots.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we loaned them to him for a 1st so I don't mind so much lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I mean we traded him for Vince Wilfork 5 or 6 years ago so they shouldn't be laughing too hard, but they will certainly not be laughing at all when he wins his second Super Bowl MVP in February.

Quote me. October 12, 2010.

Feed Moncrief
Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yeah I mean we traded him for Vince Wilfork 5 or 6 years ago so they shouldn't be laughing too hard, but they will certainly not be laughing at all when he wins his second Super Bowl MVP in February.

No we didn't. The pick that we got for Branch was used on Merriweather.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

The draft pick used to select Vince Wilfork came from the trade New England made that allowed Baltimore to draft Kyle Boller the prior year.

Lord help me, I knew that off the top of my head. :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

We traded Maroney for Branch, ugh.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Oh, well it still worked out fine by me. Wilfork for Branch would have been some sexy bragging rights though.

Feed Moncrief
Old 10-12-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
We traded Maroney for Branch, ugh.
We should have never even gotten a 4th for Maroney, so I am not too upset about this. Brady gets his all time favorite receiver back who is familiar with the offense and has been a team leader in the past.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Patriots_QB_12
Rookie

Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.

I personally like the Deion Branch trade, despite wanting to give guys like Price and Tate a chance, I just feel more comfortable with Branch being there. Maybe its just for nostalgic reasons. Also, trading a 4th rounder for him was fine, I doubt whoever we drafted with it wouldve made the team anyways.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it! :) I'm a big fan of Branch, always have been. I know he's not the same dynamic playmaker he once was, but he does bring a lot to the table. And I think that being a vet who knows the system he can really help bring the young receivers along and teach them about the Patriot Way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that Branch is back.
I don't like that it took a fourth. He rarely gets the ball over there.
And just bc we screwed someone for a fourth for Maroney doesn't mean I'm okay getting screwed on this trade.
I don't see Branch doing much if anything.
As far as fourth rounders- isn't Hernandez a 4th rounder? He's doing pretty good
so to say it's possible we weren't going to get anyone of value is just silly

Here's hoping I'm wrong and he does win another Super Bowl MVP with us

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this was a move to appease Brady. I'm fine with it, to be honest. Branch has been decent this year, and will be much better in the Pats' offense.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Vincent Jackson could of appeased Brady, and we would og gotten more out of him. Also, if were paying Branch his 5.8 million or whatever the hell it is, I'm going to be pissed.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I def agree about his salary.
I would have loved Jackson but he's one incident away from a year long suspension
I wouldn't be thrilled about giving him a long term contract

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah I'm not really on that bandwagon with Jackson unless we could of just straight up traded Mankins for him, but if we keep Branchs contract on top of this silly trade i'll be irritated. I would of liked more of Tate and Price geting some playing time in. Also, we havent seen Edelmen at all really this year.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the Branch move. It adds veteran depth and I doubt he takes away from Tate's time on the field. I don't believe for a second that Price was really going to be a big part of the offense with Moss gone. If he can't take time away from Branch that's on him, not Branch. I couldn't care less about Branch's contract for this year but 6M next season sucks. My guess is it's a cuttable contract, though, and 6M next year is not likely to prevent us from paying someone else anyway.

Seriously, did anyone really believe we would be lining up Tate and Welker with either Price/Edelman at the other wideout spot? No thank you. I am much happier with the idea of Tate / Branch / Welker.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is online now   Reply With Quote