Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-22-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our draft picks are looking sexy right now

OAK's pick will be middle of the first im guessing 15-20

Hopefully the Patriots 1st pick will be #32

Looking like the Pats will have the 1st pick of the 2nd round, which means we control the draft board for 24 hours and will get a redic deal for the pick due to the new format

Viking's 3rd round pick looks to be pretty high as well

Things are looking good boys

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Hopefully we can take an impact wide receiver with that pick because I'm pretty convinced that's the thing holding us back at this point after watching parts of the Colts game again. Need a guy who can create his own separation more than five yards past the LOS and not rely on Brady looking people off or finding a hole in the zone. We're in an interesting situation at that position because if we addresses it early and hit with that pick then we take a position that was a weakness and instantly turn it into a strength just because the guys we have become so much better as complimentary players instead of primary options.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe an LT that isn't a turn-style would help.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Maybe an LT that isn't a turn-style would help.
We have one already in Vollmer, we just need a replacement for him at RT once he takes Light's job.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
We have one already in Vollmer, we just need a replacement for him at RT once he takes Light's job.
Yea, After watching the film on Vollmer and seeing his sacks given up, you realize that he's making mistakes and it's not a product of his talent or the superior-ness of the pass rushers. One of the Cam Wake sacks he went to block inside (the ZBS says to block play-side so if he thought the play was going left, he should block left. Too bad it left Wake open) and left wake on his own. When he tried to recover, he could only get his hands on him and Wake easily "beat him"

He's definitely capable of making a sizeable contribution at LT.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vollmer at LT last year was SOOOO much better than both Light at LT this year plus last and Vollmer at RT this year. He's clearly more comfortable on that side of the line. Think we can move him there after he cut Light like we should have years ago. Sorry Matt, we like you, but you're hurting our football team on a weakly basis. We can pick up a Nate Solder or Lee Ziemba type later in the draft and feel better about our tackle situation.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-22-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Guys, I'm honestly not trying to be an ass...but how humbled is Randy Moss right now?

Also; Merriweather is ******* hilarious

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/11/2...piffy-new-hat/

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-22-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Guys, I'm honestly not trying to be an ass...but how humbled is Randy Moss right now?

Also; Merriweather is ******* hilarious

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/11/2...piffy-new-hat/
Pimptastic!

On Moss . . . I think we're just seeing the lack of effort catching up with an older player. While the obviously rolled coverages made things a little easier on everyone, the jogging, gator armed, lazy BS is what made him the ineffective guy he is right now.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I predicted, Randy Moss had his best game the week after he was traded to the Vikings. He fell way short of my expectations though: 81 yards on 4 catches with 1 TD. His only multi touchdown game was against buffalo with 2 TDs on 2 catches for 42 yards.

He's had 4 1 or fewer catch games. Those games account for 44 total yards and 0 TDs.

An average game from Randy Moss right now looks like 3 catches, 40 yards, and maybe or maybe not a score.

edit: His season "prediction" totals from ESPN right now are 37 catches, 542 yards, and 8 touchdowns. The only number that wouldn't be a career low would be those 8 TDs. He had 3 one year as a Raider. Everything else is on pace to be the career low for him.

previous lows are: 42 receptions, 553 yards, and 3 touchdowns - all in the same year [last year] as a Raider.

If you exclude that year as one he "dogged", then the next worse season is: 49, 767, and 13. His last year as Viking... also considered to be "dogged".

The man is either in need of a serious moment in his life or he needs to retire. Either he is done or he is dogging it.

Last edited by descendency : 11-22-2010 at 03:57 PM.
descendency is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I was more referring to him being traded to the Vikes mess then going into the Titans one with Fisher and Vince Young.

Also; classic Merriweather

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-22-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHAHA!

Big Bang Clock...and the pimp hat. I love that guy.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I need to make a big decision. My hair is much longer then usual and I'm deciding whether to cut it before the jets game or go with it as Brady's look alike and make a sign or something. I seriously will look scary close to Brady if I keep it and wear a 12 jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

What's the Big Bang Clock?

---

I hope none of us are superstitious because cutting your hair and the patriots losing to the Jets would be brutal.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha ok I'll keep it just in case. I'm thinking of making a sign proping the Bradys hair and something about Bieber being a *****, but being appropriate as to not get it taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yea keep the hair

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

draw a dimple on your chin (unless you have one) with some eyeliner and get your mug on the tele!!!

lol

Big Bang Clock. OMG these guys are so not bright. lol

(Big Ben. I assume the video clip is from the year we went to London. He's also talking about teammates going to a "hunted house" as we were there around Halloween.)

Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, Meriweather is a hell of a football player and a smart one(For the most part) but he really sounds dumb. It's alright though, dudes a baller and a pretty funny guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-23-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I'm cool with that. I have never held the expectation that pro athletes will be the most brilliant, ethical, or pleasant people. lol

Sadly, when it comes to American intellect and knowledge, it's not just athletes that might mistake the name of a world famous landmark.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'm cool with that. I have never held the expectation that pro athletes will be the most brilliant, ethical, or pleasant people. lol

Sadly, when it comes to American intellect and knowledge, it's not just athletes that might mistake the name of a world famous landmark.
Haha, that's certainly the perception here in Europe:

I admit that the first video is australian but that's pretty much the consensus here as well haha...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Eh, I actually kind of resent that type of stuff. Fancy video editing to get in a cheap laugh, for the most part. I know a lot of European people and some of them would struggle with those questions as well. We're a bit more cut off and isolated from the rest of the world as our border countries are completely different, so you have different dynamics going on. This is going to get political pretty fast though, but yeah, I don't think you can judge the intellectual integrity of a country because of some douche guy from Australia going to the South and walking up to people who clearly look like they don't know **** about anything.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-23-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, I actually kind of resent that type of stuff. Fancy video editing to get in a cheap laugh, for the most part. I know a lot of European people and some of them would struggle with those questions as well. We're a bit more cut off and isolated from the rest of the world as our border countries are completely different, so you have different dynamics going on. This is going to get political pretty fast though, but yeah, I don't think you can judge the intellectual integrity of a country because of some douche guy from Australia going to the South and walking up to people who clearly look like they don't know **** about anything.

Oh, I don't think that americans are like this. It's just what the vast majority of people think. I know some americans and they are very intelligent and knowledgable people. But in general I do think that americans don't know as much about the outside world as for example europeans. But not all are as stupid as these idiots haha..

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Oh, I don't think that americans are like this. It's just what the vast majority of people think. I know some americans and they are very intelligent and knowledgable people. But in general I do think that americans don't know as much about the outside world as for example europeans. But not all are as stupid as these idiots haha..
This is what I was getting at. Americans have a piss poor knowledge of anything outside of North America. However, every country has it's idiots, especially hot chicks. lol

FWIW - any opinion of Americans that is based off of the **** we pump out over the airwaves is going to be pretty poor. As Americans we have the choice to put an end to that stream of filth but don't. As such, I don't get too upset if someone views us negatively because of it, though I also don't put much stock in anyone who draws a conclusion based on that particular media, either.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Cards are trying to ship Fitzgerald. Yes please.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
So the Cards are trying to ship Fitzgerald. Yes please.
Shenanigans!

Source??

Holy ******* hell is "Yes please" ever an understatement. Oakland's 1st and even throw in our 3rds and I'd be thrilled.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 11-23-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yup, if that's the case, Fitz is a Patriot. It's just way to perfect a fit. I have a hard time saying bye to the possibility of AJ Green or Julio Jones, but he's just too perfect a fit to pass up. We were hot for Boldin too, but we'll be lava hot for Fitz.

R.I.P. Junior Seau