Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-29-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he defiantly does not and that's a good thing for sure. He also nips a lot of things in the bud before the develop into something bigger. Great range and speed. Very good in coverage too. But he's probably not going to be worth what he's due to get on the open market.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, he defiantly does not and that's a good thing for sure. He also nips a lot of things in the bud before the develop into something bigger. Great range and speed. Very good in coverage too. But he's probably not going to be worth what he's due to get on the open market.
Yeah true. As long as it's not an astronomical price though I see the front office doing the deal. BB loves to have strength up the middle of the defense and after Wilfork Mayo is the most important piece. He also seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders so that helps too.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'll take WR off as a need. The Patriots already have their deep threat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvctomf2Xdo
Old 01-29-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yeah, **** Karlos Dansby for inflating the price of ILBs. Plus Patrick Willis will be due a contract before Mayo so you know it will be based in and around that, even though Mayo isn't the player P Willy is
Willis signed an extension earlier this year.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think I'll take WR off as a need. The Patriots already have their deep threat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvctomf2Xdo
That guy looks fast, must have at least a 10.0 forty time haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see it now:

"Tom Brady steps back, has someone deep, he throws...
CAUGHT BY TOM BRADY, no one's gonna catch him, 69 yard touchdown!"

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is great! Larry Fitzgerald sunds like a guy who wants to be a Patriot.
Quote:
“I’m under contract with Arizona for another season, and I would love to be there winning a championship,” he said. “That’s where I started and I love it out there. But my goal, of course, is to win. I want to win at all costs.”
I dont know about you guys, but I'm all for giving a first and a third rounder to get Fitz. He could take this offense to a whole new level imo.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 02-03-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love that to be the case. This damn CBA better go through because I want to see player trades happen during the draft. If, and when we trade draft picks, I would prefer to get immediate contributors instead of future picks

Old 02-03-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's still a CBA now, couldn't we trade a 1st and 3rd for him up to March 3rd or whenever the contracts up?

Old 02-03-2011, 07:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
There's still a CBA now, couldn't we trade a 1st and 3rd for him up to March 3rd or whenever the contracts up?
Im not 100% sure on this but I think after the trade deadline no player transactions can be completed until the start of the new football year, ie 4/3/11 when the CBA expires. Once again I could be wrong but that's how I thought it worked

Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im not 100% sure on this but I think after the trade deadline no player transactions can be completed until the start of the new football year, ie 4/3/11 when the CBA expires. Once again I could be wrong but that's how I thought it worked
yeah i think your close to being right. i read that article, it sounded like larry f would love to be a patriot, praising BB and all. However, I don't think we will trade for him. He is going to ask for way too much money and we aren't going to want to pay him that.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB on his coach of the year award interview said hes already got a lot of calls about our picks. Makes me happy in the pants to hear that already.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe a top 5 team is desperate to trade down and wants pick 17 and 28. . . then again, that is top 5 value :(

edit I think it's literally 6th overall according to Jimmy's DVC.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Mankins+28 for Fitz?
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
BB on his coach of the year award interview said hes already got a lot of calls about our picks. Makes me happy in the pants to hear that already.
Yeah but it makes you wonder what he will value more. If it's say Dallas saying "if both top CBs are gone we'll trade down with you" then sure. But more likely it's someone like Philadelphia etc saying "if there's an OT there we'lll move up". If history has shown anything it's that in the first round BB is way more likely to trade down than up.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Who would be take in the top 5 though?
I wouldn't mind moving up like 5 spots from 17 to grab R.Quinn, M.Dareus or J.Jones

Old 02-03-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
If our offer would be a 1st and a 3rd, then I'd prefer Mankins and a 3rd.
That's like giving up two 1st round picks right there

Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
That would be a massive overpay and would leave our OL in shambles.

Meriweather + 28 would be way more desirable :D
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
That would be a massive overpay and would leave our OL in shambles.

Meriweather + 28 would be way more desirable :D
Im not sure the Cardinals have a huge need for a safety though. If they could add an elite offensive lineman I believe we could add a 3rd and they would give up Fitz.

Trade 17 and Merriweather with Dallas and take Robert Quinn
Use pick 28 for Cameron Heyward
Use pick 33 for Mike Pouncey
Use pick 60 for Ahmad Black
Trade Logan Mankins and 74 for Larry Fitzgerald
Use pick 92 for Marcus Gilbert

Sex on a stick right there

Old 02-03-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I really can't deal with another kick in the balls this year. Last year was fantastic, but that was after three years of all of us sitting here justifying us not taking positions that we need.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im not sure the Cardinals have a huge need for a safety though. If they could add an elite offensive lineman I believe we could add a 3rd and they would give up Fitz.

Trade 17 and Merriweather with Dallas and take Robert Quinn
Use pick 28 for Cameron Heyward
Use pick 33 for Mike Pouncey
Use pick 60 for Ahmad Black
Trade Logan Mankins and 74 for Larry Fitzgerald
Use pick 92 for Marcus Gilbert

Sex on a stick right there
I think I love you, Antoin...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people, people.... calm down about this fitzzz trade talk. I am pretty damn confident nothing will happen.... too much money is never a go with any player on the patriots, minus of course, the lord and christ tom brady

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Not to mention that whole interview didn't sound anything like Fitz was trying to say anything about playing for us haha. Reiss just wrote up an interesting title to make it sound that way.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitz would cost 2 firsts or the equivalent. No way you get him for either player mentioned above and a 3rd. that is a homer pipe dream.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
Fitz would cost 2 firsts or the equivalent. No way you get him for either player mentioned above and a 3rd. that is a homer pipe dream.
When was the last time any player went for that sort of compensation? No one will give 2 firsts for Fitz