Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-01-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we were talking about it in the Free Agent thread. But yeah, I don't really care for that line of thinking to be completely honest. Stroud can help, but he can't make a difference. It would be a shame to pass on a defensive linemen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not saying the stroud signing signifies the move to be made is trading up for a wr. Im saying that signings in one or more of the positions we have called out could lead to trading up for an impact player in an area of need. It could be an o lineman or two and then you have the second & third rounder we are all alocating to those spots to use to trade up.

There will eventually be free agency. Its hard to project who and when but it cant be ignored when mocking the draft plans. if the Pats have plans to bring in any veteran additions once the situation is settled there will be now way they can excersise all those picks. Its either trade up or trade out to next year.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS Id love me some Harvey Dahl at right guard.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why haven't we signed Kiwi yet?
He just got cleared medically to continue his nfl career

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not a free agent yet.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've finally finished watching Patriots' 2010 regular season games. I just thought I'd get some things out there before the hype starts building. :)

- Taylor Price looks ready. Ready and incredibly fast and fluent. He is very likely to have a breakout year.

- As much as we like to call him out, Brandon Tate really showed a lot of improvement during the season. Hands are still questionable, but he looks like a very capable 2nd receiver.

- Speaking of receivers... I think Julian Edelman's abilities as a receiver are vastly overrated. He is, however, a fantastisk punt returner and a good backup slot receiver. But the next Wes Welker? I doubt it, not in the foreseeable future anyway.

- Sergio Brown made some bad mistakes in his first year, but I still like him. Very good special teams ability and aggressive on the field. Not a starter, but could fill Jarrad Page's role if we decide not to keep him around (or if we trade Meriweather).

- We all like to criticize Darius Butler, and rightly so in the first half of the season. But I think that as he regained some of his confidence as the season progressed he also started playing better. I still don't think he's the long term answer at RCB, but he's very athletic. His problem seems to be that he doesn't know where the ball is, but I think that might be correctable.

- Have I mentioned how much I love our tight ends?

- Defensive playcalling seemed to get more aggressive towards the end of the season. Mayo looked very good blitzing, but always seemed to be half a second late or so. Hopefully this changes next season.

There's probably a lot more, but I'm sick and don't have the energy to type more right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- That's awesome @ Price. I hope so.

-Agree with both Tate and Butler. Butler's always in good position it seems, just doesn't know what to do after that though

- TE's = Love

-Mayo keeps improving. He'll be an unquestionable All Pro in no time. To add on to that, I feel the exact same way about Cunningham. Always seemed .5 seconds to late. Hopefully with some offseason work (Will there be any time?!), he'll fix his angle of pursuit/technique better and turn into a solid 6-8 sack guy for us

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
- That's awesome @ Price. I hope so.
Of course, it's a very small sample size since he only played in one game. But he looks like he has natural hands, he looked very explosive and his route running looked fine from what I saw. I found some video of him in college and it's pretty clear to me why the Patriots took him. Not sure why he needed a redshirt year, but I have confidence in our coaching staff. I'm sure they're right haha.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Stephen Neal has officially retired. Now the need for interior help is not to upgrade but fill a true void as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to miss Neal so much. I know he could barely stay on the field for his last few years, but he was such a great player for us. He was a true Patriot when you look at what we want in a player.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Stephen Neal fan here as well. Sorry to lose him, but I guess this isn't really a surprise. Connolly becomes the starter for now I suppose. They need to draft a replacement though.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Don Vito Who is the cute girl with the badonkadonk backside in your avatar? she has the bubble butt to be Neal protege. lol
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see Neal go, but his body just can't do it anymore. I liked what I saw from Connolly last year for the most part, but he was exposed in the playoff game a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop defending Butler, he didn't look better in the second half, go watch that Jets game. I don't care where he is, hes either beat or draws a PI. Everything else I agree with. Sorry if that came off as bitter, but I really hate Butler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Count me in the **** Butler club to. I know we all want him to improve and I still hope he does, but we're really fishing for things to look for to say he's improving. If the plays not in front of him, something bad happens.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Count me in the **** Butler club to. I know we all want him to improve and I still hope he does, but we're really fishing for things to look for to say he's improving. If the plays not in front of him, something bad happens.
Exactly, being Pats fans we want him to perform well, but don't kid yourselves into thinking he played better or well in the second half. He didn't. When he was in, teams went right at him for huge chunks of yards. The kid blows, maybe he gets better, but what he did last season was nothing better than awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Which really put a damper on how good he was towards the end of the season a few years ago. I wasn't ready to anoint him or anything, but he was significantly better with everything else being equal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Stop defending Butler, he didn't look better in the second half, go watch that Jets game. I don't care where he is, hes either beat or draws a PI. Everything else I agree with. Sorry if that came off as bitter, but I really hate Butler.
Well, you did...

I wasn't defending Butler. I was simply pointing out the fact that he improved as the season progressed and in the second half of the season he started getting his hands on some balls (without being called for a PI). I still don't think that he's the answer for anything, I just wanted to point out that he didn't continue to be as terrible as he was for the first two games.

Quote:

Last edited by Razor : 03-03-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does this mock look:

1. LB Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue
1. DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.
2. C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St.
2. RB Jordan Todman, Connecticut*
3. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida
3. FS Ahmad Black, Florida
4. QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa
5. CB Kendric Burney, North Carolina
6. OG Caleb Schlauderaff, Utah
Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
How does this mock look:

4. QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa
It's OK I think. I wouldn't be too upset with it if it were to happen. Just a few things:
I'm starting to like Muhammad Wilkerson a whole lot more than Heyward. He has a perfect frame and spectacular upside. I think he could really thrive in BB's system.
I'm not a big fan of Todman or any runningback in the first three rounds to be honest.
I like McElroy much more than Stanzi, but either would work for me.

Other than that I really like it actually.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
How does this mock look:

4. QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa
solid draft. i am starting to like wilkerson more than heyward tho. as you know Matt, I am not the biggest Todman fan and like other RBs more than him. If we take Todman, I would be happy with it in the third round. I think Burney is a good fit, but damn you cant ignore the fact he tests slow and is only like 5'6 1/2 i think. hes shorter than all of us prolly which is crazy

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see a need for a RB in the first 4 rounds. Too many times you have good enough backs come from late rounds or even UDFAs.

I'd rather use that pick on an OL that can help in both the run game and pass game or a DL or a WR... you get the idea.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Well, you did...

I wasn't defending Butler. I was simply pointing out the fact that he improved as the season progressed and in the second half of the season he started getting his hands on some balls (without being called for a PI). I still don't think that he's the answer for anything, I just wanted to point out that he didn't continue to be as terrible as he was for the first two games.
You're right. Butler won't be cut next year anyways. Too high of a pick invested into him. The Patriots will keep him around at least one more year. Wilhite is probably more likely to be cut than Butler. Maybe he shows up in the off-season somehow. . .
Old 03-03-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Terrence Wheatley was cut on a similar time frame and was drafted in the same round. Nothing is impossible. The way Butler played last year, he's just wasting a roster spot. I really hope he turns it around...but I have very little faith he'll be able to.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-03-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Terrence Wheatley was cut on a similar time frame and was drafted in the same round. Nothing is impossible. The way Butler played last year, he's just wasting a roster spot. I really hope he turns it around...but I have very little faith he'll be able to.
hes def got the athletic ability to do so. gotta remember, this is the first time in his life probably thats hes dealt with heavy criticism about his play, and questioning whether or not he belongs on a team. who knows? maybe he will work his butt off all offseason and prove the doubters wrong..... its still too early in my book to call him a bust

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote