Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-28-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

....well, with this team at least. Lies within lies, smokescreens within smokescreens, trades within trades...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please please please Cam Jordan
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
Please please please Cam Jordan
agreed.

we are all in the draft day thread in the team forum. c'mon over to that one.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.

I would be happier if we had traded down, but Solder is a great future partner opposite Vollmer
Nandoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Solder guys. He's honestly been on my radar for us for awhile. Everyone is down on him for some reason and I really don't see why. He's a project....but he was a first team All American this year and it wasn't just due to hype. Dude can play and play well right away.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of looking good taking a tackle now that 25 picks in most are gone
Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solder won't get major complaints from me. We knew OT was necessary and this gives us the most freakishly athletic OT available. I don't love it, but he could definitely make me forget anyone I liked that we didn't get.

I had OT at 17 in several of my mocks for challenges on here.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By far my least favorite "first round" OT. But Dante Scar is almost never wrong about OL.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I assure you guys, this guy can play a little bit already. Scarnecchia is the best in the business too. I would be nervous taking Solder if I was a team with a weak coaching staff, but the kid has tools coming out of his ass on top of a willingness to learn and get better. Good character guy too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Im a little pissed we let Heyward and Wilkerson go right by us...hard to argue the trade value though...tomorrow please be SHEARD !!!

2. OLB - Jabal Sheard
2. RB - Ryan Williams
2. DE - Jarvis Jenkins
3. OG - Jon Moffit
3. CB/S - Marcus Gilchrist
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Ehh...Sheard is stiffer than initially advertised. There's a few guys I would prefer over him at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched a lot of Colorado (I had Jimmy Smith as my #1 pure corner, though I think PP is the better athlete) and I really didn't like what I saw out of Solder at times.

But, I think Solder is the kind of guy you can wait a year on and he'll probably be fine. I don't think he'll be playing a ton of OT this year, but I'm sure he'll be somewhere.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in Light for another year at RT and put Solder in at one of the G spots to learn to get low haha. That would certainly be a good way to teach him to fire out of his stance.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

His issues are not ability and talent. The rest is coachable.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6445910

Solder interview on ESPN after the selection. REALLY solid guy. Love him already.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-01-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my take on Solder. He's a tall, skinny, athletic OT who was the OL of the year in one of the best conferences in the NCAA and was one of the top 5 (top 2 or 3 by many accounts) OT's in the draft. He needs a lot of development and a lot of added strength and bulk.

Now, flash back a couple years. The Pats drafted Sebastian Vollmer in the second round. He was also a tall, athletic OT who needed a lot of development. The difference is he played in Conference USA and was considered a major reach in the second round as most people had him rated a late round developmental prospect.

Despite that, Vollmer stepped in at LT early in his rookie year when Light went down and played very well.

I say if Dante can get a guy like Vollmer ready to play well that quickly then there's no reason to think he can't get Solder, with all of his upside, ready to play a lot and play well as a rookie.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Solder is the ultimate projection tackle right now. He weighs 319 pounds right now and is STILL skinny because of his extremely low bodyfat percentage. He may never be a guy that's bulky...but that's a good thing. He's got one of those rare frames that will allow him to play at 340+ and maintain his athletic ability. It might take him awhile to work up to that and he may never really reach that point, but watch out if he gets even half way there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with the lockout lifted, anyone have any idea when we can start getting guys in here? I know Monday was a day alot of players said they would show up to team facilities, but any idea when we can get some of the new guys in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So with the lockout lifted

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...or-nfl-teams/1

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-01-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting note - fifth-round pick Marcus Cannon is represented by CAA, Tom Condon's agency.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That report seems like the guy who wrote it is more confused than I am haha. I guess we have to wait and see haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Interesting note - fifth-round pick Marcus Cannon is represented by CAA, Tom Condon's agency.
This stuff is going to get ridiculously fun then.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
:O

Why did they let him stand on a step ladder... lol
Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

He is really freaking tall, that's for sure. Even in a suit, that doesn't look like a 320 pound man either. They just showed him on the ESPN Draft wrap up special and managed to find the ONE clip he actually looked good against Cam Jordan haha.

Teddy and Kiper are ripping into what we did in the draft pretty hard too, with good reason. I know we all like to put down talking heads, but I honestly see where they're coming from on this one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau