Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no. extra characters
Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
snowplow
Rookie

snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tully is ok. But now maybe they can get someone better.
snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow View Post
Tully is ok. But now maybe they can get someone better.
no. extra characters
Old 07-24-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
snowplow
Rookie

snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
no. extra characters
what the hell you talking about? no extra.....
snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tully isn't great and we don't have a pass rush to get affected by this anyway so quick response no I don't think it will affect us that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow View Post
what the hell you talking about? no extra.....
They're not getting someone better than Tully. Whether there's a guy out there or not...it's just not going to happen.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Football Outsiders, despite recording just 3.5 sacks last year, Matt Roth totaled 24.5 QB hurries. Pretty impressive for a guy with the size (6'4", 275) to actually man the elephant here. He seems to be out of Cleveland now that Mangini left and they're moving back to a 4-3, so it seems legitimately possible he signs here. Would be able to come right in with an idea of what it is like to play in this defense.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:16 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preseason Predictions:

Nick Kaczur cut.
TBC cut.
Mankins resigned.

Matt light to Pittsburgh.
Ochocinco to New England
Cullen Jenkins to New England
Matt Roth to New England.

Which will crash and burn first? lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Why would they cut those guys? Kaczur looked good at OG before getting injured and is a really good backup despite maybe not being the best starting option. I don't see Matt Light not coming back for at least one more year.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would they cut those guys? Kaczur looked good at OG before getting injured and is a really good backup despite maybe not being the best starting option. I don't see Matt Light not coming back for at least one more year.
Kaczur's salary is too high to justify. He's injury prone and average at best. If Marcus Cannon comes into camp I see no chance for him.

Light I'd like to see come back, but I get the feeling NE lowballs him and he moves on.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just to play devil's advocate...Kaczur is owed $4.38 million this year, which is really high for a player of his caliber, especially if he's not going to be starting somewhere on the line. By releasing him, the Patriots can recoup about $3.4 million. He's about to turn 32 in a few days and is coming off of a bad back injury. Who's to say that he will fully recover and be able to play at the same level he was playing at before getting injured? Also, I heard Matt Light was not pleased that the Patriots drafted Nate Solder in the first round, and it's possible that he could leave for more money/security on a team like the Bears.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Preseason Predictions:

Nick Kaczur cut.
TBC cut.
Mankins resigned.

Matt light to Pittsburgh.
Ochocinco to New England
Cullen Jenkins to New England
Matt Roth to New England.

Which will crash and burn first? lol.
It seems like Cullen Jenkins will probably go somewhere like Washington or Buffalo, and Matt Light is not a fit whatsoever in Pittsburgh's inline blocking scheme. Aside from that, I think you have a decent shot of any/all of those being correct.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where have you heard about Light not being happy about the Solder pick? I agree about Cullen Jenkins, from what I understand he is going to ask for a lot of money and Washington are rumored to be very interested in him. I'd love to get Matt Roth, he's a decent player who could excel in BBs system. Nice scenario by Bradysknee there, I would be more than happy with that. But like RoP said, Light is a terrible fit in Pitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 07-25-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Light was interviewed on either EEI or 98.5 one night the week after the draft and he was **** faced and talked about the uncertainty of his future here
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Light was interviewed on either EEI or 98.5 one night the week after the draft and he was **** faced and talked about the uncertainty of his future here
Really? Why hasn't this been a bigger deal in the media? This is the first I've heard of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Where have you heard about Light not being happy about the Solder pick? I agree about Cullen Jenkins, from what I understand he is going to ask for a lot of money and Washington are rumored to be very interested in him. I'd love to get Matt Roth, he's a decent player who could excel in BBs system. Nice scenario by Bradysknee there, I would be more than happy with that. But like RoP said, Light is a terrible fit in Pitt.
Here's what I heard: a bunch of Patriots were at a party together watching the draft, and after seeing Nate Solder get picked, Matt Light stormed out of the party. I believe it was posted on Vince Wilfork's Twitter.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

FB Eric Kettani and WR Tyree Barnes fulfilled their two-year commitments to the Navy and will be returning to the team in time for the start of training camp. I remember Kettani being a very good prospect aside from his service requirement a couple of drafts ago, I wonder what his chances of making the roster are.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Extra Brady sig (haha):

Old 07-25-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want Mankins resigned right now. I doubt we will address the pass rush at all this off season.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to long term extend mankins because he's a huge cap number now.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. If we're not going to address the OLB position then at least resign our best OL.
With that said, I wonder if we're forced to look at OLB (for bodies, at least) bc of the TBC injury

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Anyone think its possible we take Gholston? lol
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I hope not. haha

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not? At the least, we pick his brain. At most, he averages 20 sacks/season, wins DPOY and we laugh at Rex the entire time.
That right there is worth the risk... how unlikely that is lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gholston will be a Patriot and will beast for us
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote