Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm much more interested in Fat Al than Jenkins. There's a good reason Green Bay let him walk.

And there's something I never thought I'd say . . .

It's also a 5th round pick in 2013, which will likely be the last pick of the round. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots cut DT Marcus Stroud

Before he had a chance to play for the team, 33-year old defensive tackle Marcus Stroud has been released from the Patriots. Once considered a dominant defensive lineman, he had slowed in recent years and was considered a rotational player moving forwards. He struggled in Buffalo's 3-4 defense last year and underwent a shoulder surgery in January, which had apparently not healed yet, so the release seems to be due to a combination of the team's depth at the position following the Albert Haynesworth acquisition and Stroud's lack of health.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Patriots cut DT Marcus Stroud

Before he had a chance to play for the team, 33-year old defensive tackle Marcus Stroud has been released from the Patriots. Once considered a dominant defensive lineman, he had slowed in recent years and was considered a rotational player moving forwards. He struggled in Buffalo's 3-4 defense last year and underwent a shoulder surgery in January, which had apparently not healed yet, so the release seems to be due to a combination of the team's depth at the position following the Albert Haynesworth acquisition and Stroud's lack of health.
If I weren't so lazy, I'd go find the post where I predicted he'd be gone before preseason.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

In "take it with a grain of salt" news, another forum had a post claiming Matt Willliamson had NE as the top suitor for Kiwi. I can't find anything that talks about it aside from his blog stating Kiwi would be a good fit for NE and Buffalo. No credible source otherwise mentioning it.

Bush to Miami . . . Ronnie Brown has to be done there now. Bush / Thomas is a nice 1-2 punch.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Ricky done there too then?

I predicted he'd be cut just an hour ago somewhere on this board lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I think Ricky will probably re-sign with them. He shouldn't cost much and is a decent backup for the rookie. Expecting Thomas to go 16 games would be stupid.

It's entirely possible they still re-sign Ronnie, though.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see us sign Ricky Williams.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Why?

10char

Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good RB, I'd take him over lawfirm.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I don't think he's better than BJGE at this point in his career. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other . . . except Ricky would cost more.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****. We just added a ton of talent to our front seven. Troubled talent, but when he wants it Haynesworth is still one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL. He'll be in on the subpackages for sure and hopefully can be persuaded/learn to play five technique....and now we're in on Kiwi? Wow. It's like I woke up in an alternative universe.

Not being too objective about any of this right now just because of how shocked I am.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres to praying we get mathias.... if it were to be true, we would be adding a boatload of talent to our defense at positions we had questions about all off season. im liking what i hear so far... now lets see it!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Haynesworth is a mac-truck with a seized engine.

On one hand, you get a big dominating force. On another, he might decide to take a nap in the locker room because it's snowing.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would happily settle for Manny Lawson at this point. Or Matt Roth. Anyone who can generate a little bit of pass rush from the outside.

As far as his role, I really don't think we make a move like this and take this sort of risk if he's just going to help in 50% of the snaps. Albert didn't want to play the NT in Washington, but hopefully we can convince him of the virtues of playing the five technique. Even if he doesn't dedicate himself to it, with his size and strength, that's a lot of space being taken up between him and Warren/Wilfork.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-28-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Albert Haynesworth is a mac-truck with a seized engine.

On one hand, you get a big dominating force. On another, he might decide to take a nap in the locker room because it's snowing.
ppffffttt. Homeboy takes his naps right on the field.

The Kiwi talk is totally unsubstantiated. I checked with the guy who posted it and it was just a tweet with no real value. Someone else mentioned a very good point - nobody it going to go near Kiwi until the FA period truly opens (tomorrow) and the medical staff(s) can evaluate him for that neck injury.

Sorry to put such an evil little bug in everyone's ear.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 07-28-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spleling errros
Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, the medical is a concern we haven't really been talking about too much. Gotta make sure that checks out before we put any sort of money in front of him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nevermind, kiwi is returning to the giants. matt roth? lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The positive... look at how close he was to Vick...

The negative... they still can't get that dent out of the field.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think I prefer Lawson, to be honest. He can do a whole lot more than Roth with his athletic ability. Very good in coverage and setting the edge. Way smaller than you would like and has a hard time getting off blocks, but if he gets a free release you know he has the speed. We've turned around project linebackers with talent mid-career before too, with Vrabel being the most prominent example.

....I wouldn't mind both though ;)

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Say what you want about the Bears OL. . . there are only a handful of people that can bull rush like Albert can and that youtube clip is proof.

Gah... imagine what this will be like if Albert actually gives a damn...
Old 07-28-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

@ClaytonESPN: Cardinals add Packers G Daryn Colledge for 5 years 27 mil

Mankins will be tough to sign w/o backing up the Brinks truck, me thinks.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Ochocinco hinting hes coming to NE.

So far my prophecies are all coming to pass.
(I deserve a mulligan on Cullen as per a Haynesworth).

Lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-28-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to bring down the tents that everyone is pitching right now, but despite my earlier exuberance I'm becoming a bit more skeptical. Not because of the talent, but because I don't know if I can root for this guy. He is probably the most abominable person in all of professional sports. Read this Washington Post article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...6oeI_blog.html

Not only that, but the article doesn't even mention the fact that he stomped on Andre Gurode's face. Also there are other stories like how he paralyzed a guy by crashing into him going 100mph in a Ferarri, and he refused to pay the guys medical bills. He wouldn't even pay for his own daughters preschool after he got divorced, and this is a guy who made 35million in the past 2 years! Oh and there is also that little story about how he sexually assaulted a cocktail waitress.

I'd like to think there was a Patriot of way of doing things, and after everything the Kraft's and this organization has done, I'm shocked that they would do this. I hope that he becomes old Albert Haynesworth and has absolutely no problems once he's here, but I'm incredibly skeptical. I think sometimes as fans we need to draw the line as to what is acceptable to root for, and I'm going to have a hard time doing it with Haynesworth.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ignorance is bliss and I wont read that link ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also whoever called Ocho cinco to us was about right

http://www.local12.com/content/break...wUkd60.twitter

******* right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote