Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-01-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly, we offered Randy a one year deal and he declined because he wanted two years. If he changes his mind, I would be ecstatic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Supposedly, we offered Randy a one year deal and he declined because he wanted two years. If he changes his mind, I would be ecstatic.
Same with me, I would welcome Moss back to the team so long as he makes sure to keep his mouth shut and give the effort he came in here with. Maybe Brady will give him a call and change his mind? I know some may not want him back but really if we had a consistent deep threat to go with our play calling from last year our offense would be scary good again (not to say we weren't good last year either :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on how Mallett looks so far?
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Randy come back too. Take that one last shot at a ring. The offensive weapons would be nuts...Welker, Gronkowski, Ochocinco, Tate, Hernandez, Edelman, Branch, Green-Ellis, Woodhead, Faulk, and Moss!!! Insane to even think about. Why not offer him a second year?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Any word on how Mallett looks so far?
I've heard Mallett has made some big throws but has struggled a little bit on some of the finer points. Basically, about what people expected from him so far.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I've heard Mallett has made some big throws but has struggled a little bit on some of the finer points. Basically, about what people expected from him so far.
Yeah he's still firmly behind Hoyer as the backup and I expect that to continue until the very least next year. They did cut Crompton though so it looks like they're trying to get him as many reps as possible for a 3rd stringer

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lights contract details are in.... 2 years 12 mill with 7 guaranteed.

not sure how i feel about this to be honest with you. we overpaid imo to keep our guy here, but its necessary if we wanna keep the golden boy upright

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.... and there goes manny lawson to the bengals :-/

please bill, we beg ya, get a pass rusher

Old 08-02-2011, 05:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
.... and there goes manny lawson to the bengals :-/

please bill, we beg ya, get a pass rusher
For 3 million for 1 year... wow.

I really wonder if Belichick plans to play a 43 defense... because Lawson would have been a huge improvement over Rob Ninkovich.

edit: About Moss

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...ome-nfl-missed

Last edited by descendency : 08-02-2011 at 05:55 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm surprised how cheap Lawson came for Cincinnati. I wonder if it's a similar situation to the deal we signed Leigh Bodden to originally, where he had the option of signing a multi-year deal, but it wasn't worth as much as he was hoping for, so he decided to sign a one-year deal to try and cash in next offseason.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point Matt Roth makes so much sense it's almost assuredly not going to happen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-02-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At this point Matt Roth makes so much sense it's almost assuredly not going to happen.
Pretty much. Would love it

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

hahaa yeah i doubt it happens unless an injury occurs or something

vareen and dowling signed their contracts today :)

Old 08-02-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess there's one really positive thing about switching defensive schemes (well, there are a lot), and that's the fact that we have two first round picks which means that we have a shot at Quinton Coples. I'd love to see him line up next to Wilfork:
Cunningham - Haynesworth - Wilfork - Coples

Go F yourself, Rex Ryan.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a 4-3, I'd like to get peoples impression of Spikes in the middle and moving Mayo to the outside. He's fast enough (4.51 before the draft) but is it smart to move an All-Pro to a new position.

I think so. He's got great football IQ and is a great athlete. (I never use the word great about players but Mayo truely is one of the greats. We're lucky to be watching him now).

I think Spikes is going to be a real force in the middle and in a 4-3, Spikes has 2 monsters in front of him. I can't see Wilfork or Mayo allowing Haynesworth to dog it on the field. I hope Haynesworth feels he has something to prove because that's the only way we'll get anything from him.

I also like the idea of using Guyton on the outside. (He was faster before his draft than Mayo...same draft). Our team would be a lot faster with Cunningham and Moore at ends. Maybe that gets us a pass rush.

I like Moore and Cunningham was a 4-3 end in college (for part of the time).

I'd like to chat about this if anyone's out there.
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really don't think whatever we're doing schematically will be that much of a black and white thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-02-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of what you will see "different" is shifting the linemen a few spots and moving the LBs slightly to fill the new gaps.

It won't be a huge change.

The difference between a "34" and "43" front is typically what gaps you are responsible for, what help you have behind you, and what techniques you use. But even that can get really really vague. Lots of teams use a 34 look to a 43 defense. Some use a 43 look to simulate a 34 defense on some downs.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Haynesworth
"I'm willing the attack the quarterback, kill the running back, and knock everything back. ... I don't care what it is. Whatever gap the ball is in, that's the gap I want to be in," he said.
=)

I think ROP posted this already in the FA thread but Pats are looking at M.Roth right now!!!
This excites me in two ways:
1) An awesome OLB for us
2) Makes me feel better about us staying in the 34 as our base D

Old 08-02-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Matt Roth is a middle of the pack starter at OLB.

....it's a massive upgrade.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

So sad but so true. Really hope this gets done.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Here's linkage to Haynesworth's full media thing;

http://www.patriots.com/media-center...b-52ab491e9718

Interesting that he flat out admits he's not a high motor player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

so we may be looking to bring in ricky williams and osi. osi would be sweet in my opinion. ricky doesnt make too much sense, as the backfield is insanely crowded. maybe that means BJGE wants too much money, and could be on the way out? who knows man.. but exciting nonetheless with roth and brock also in the mix

Old 08-02-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's weird, for sure. I'm not completely following what's going on. We invested a premium draft pick for Vereen to make an impact right away as well as give us a big play threat. Then we used a third round pick in Ridley, usually talking about a guy expected to make the roster for sure, in a guy that would be a clear replacement for Morris....who we resign. Then we bring Faulk back when Woodhead(who we extended last season) was basically a rich mans version of last year, minus some of the savvy and pass blocking ability.

I'm just really confused.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I think this just means that it'll be a competitive TC with cuts to be expected soon after.

I'd like to see us go with BJGE, Woody, Vereen and Ricky. Ridley as the FB/RB/Goal line back

Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Here's linkage to Haynesworth's full media thing;

http://www.patriots.com/media-center...b-52ab491e9718

Interesting that he flat out admits he's not a high motor player.
That did make me lol. "A high motor guy... that's like a kyle vandenbosh or someone who runs around all the time, like they have a battery up their butt. I'm not a high motor guy"

I thought he came of quite honest though. Not the biggest fan of him, but I realize what he did for a while and i think he can do it here.