Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-03-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely prefer Haynesworth to admit this rather than pretend that he's a great worker and teammate when history says otherwise.

I hope what he realised is that there's not many other places he can go and be put in such a good position to succeed. If he turns up the defensive line could be at it's strongest since it was VW, Warren and Seymour from about 6 years ago.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:32 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Patriots and Ravens are interested in giving up a second for Osi U...

If we get Osi, can we send the Jets a second place trophy now or do we have to wait?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That assumes Osi stays healthy as well as Haynesworth ( and that he'll return to form). I'm going to stay grounded with my expectations until I start seeing everything work out, and pray no big injuries. Would be exciting if we got Osi however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 08-03-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not down trading for someone who wants to a giant pay increase when we still need to sign our own players (Mankins!!!)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
That assumes Osi stays healthy as well as Haynesworth ( and that he'll return to form). I'm going to stay grounded with my expectations until I start seeing everything work out, and pray no big injuries. Would be exciting if we got Osi however.
Im going to go the other way, im gonna assume they get Osi and him, Haynesworth and Wilfork have all pro seasons while Cunningham has double digit sacks from LE.

And Ocho will break Moss' TD record on the way to the Pats winning the Superbowl

/dream

Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm not down trading for someone who wants to a giant pay increase when we still need to sign our own players (Mankins!!!)
I'd have to agree with this. I'm all for Osi if they can swing it but not before they get Mankins locked up long term. I'd feel much more confident for Solder's prospects long term if he has Mankins beside him

Old 08-03-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi isn't getting his money here if we do end up landing him. That doesn't really make a whole ton of sense because of that element IMO, just seems like it doesn't fit our profile to give up a valuable asset for a guy that's going to require cash to keep as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the crowded backfield is a result of the 90 man roster. Ricky has the look of a guy who will have his tires kicked and could be gone as quickly as Stroud.

BJGE could be on the outs. I think we all agree he was a favorite for all the wrong reasons. Underdogs are fun and all, but when you have the opportunity to upgrade you jump on it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can get behind that. Shane Vereen already projects to be an upgrade, but doesn't bring the same kind of power that Lawfirm brings to the table. Ricky could do that. Maybe it's a move with that in mind? We'll have to see.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-03-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I can get behind that. Shane Vereen already projects to be an upgrade, but doesn't bring the same kind of power that Lawfirm brings to the table. Ricky could do that. Maybe it's a move with that in mind? We'll have to see.
I think the guy we're overlooking is Ridley. Granted I haven't seen a ton of him, but from his prospect videos he looks like a carbon copy of Lawfirm only a bit bigger. He is a downhill runner, and instead of paying a guy like BJGE $5 million a year like he might be able to get on the open market you can pay a guy like Ridley $800,000 and almost get the same thing. If you have him doing most of the work late in the game and in short yardage situations, then you can have Vereen and Woodhead do most of the receiving and blocking.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the sentiment that The Law Firm isn't that good, but we all love him. He's easily replaced/upgraded. Sadly. The biggest part about him is that he doesn't put the ball on the ground.

Vereen, Woodhead, Faulk, and Ridley is a nice, versatile group.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I think the guy we're overlooking is Ridley. Granted I haven't seen a ton of him, but from his prospect videos he looks like a carbon copy of Lawfirm only a bit bigger. He is a downhill runner, and instead of paying a guy like BJGE $5 million a year like he might be able to get on the open market you can pay a guy like Ridley $800,000 and almost get the same thing. If you have him doing most of the work late in the game and in short yardage situations, then you can have Vereen and Woodhead do most of the receiving and blocking.
5 million a year for a system back? You're off by 5x.

edit: if BJGE signs anywhere...

And that's a big if. He runs behind a very very good OL. And his numbers are still only average. I love lots of things about him, but not at even 1.5 million a year.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, BJGE is back. signing with the team

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Osi isn't getting his money here if we do end up landing him. That doesn't really make a whole ton of sense because of that element IMO, just seems like it doesn't fit our profile to give up a valuable asset for a guy that's going to require cash to keep as well.
Richard Seymour, Adalius Thomas, Tom Brady, etc...

The patriots will pay players what they are worth. It's not just about being cheap. It's about not signing too many Adalius Thomas contracts (where they are significantly underperformed). It always helps to get a guy cheap (so if he doesn't live up to expectations, he can still be a value signing), but the Patriots will pay for talent.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Is Osi worth the top five DE money he wants? I certainly don't think so with his age and declining skills against the run. He could be a fantastic short term fit to solve the pass rush issues. He could make the entire defense two notches better, even, should he have a good year. I'm just not sure he's the guy we want to go out and pay top dollar for.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-03-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

patriots worked out quinton moses de/olb

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd use a second round pick and a raise from his 8 mil to get Osi in here. We all want Mankins long term but theres just been no hint for awhile now that we can get that done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lost BJGE I would have thrown a **** fit. I know I am a Green-Ellis fanboy, but he is the type of runner this team has needed since Corey Dillon and if we let him walk right after he proved himself and gave us the north/south guy we needed I would have been pissed.

As for Osi, he would give this team a huge boost in our title hopes for this season and a few after. I would pull the trigger on it if we could get him for a second, having that kind of player going after the QB combined with what we already have would put us in amazing shape for another title run. It is so clear that he is exactly the type of player we need to be a forced to be reckoned with from top to bottom.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not a Corey Dillon runner. He runs straight and hard, but that's easily found. He's not shifty and running hard doesn't really do that much for him, it seems. He's smallish, not very explosive, not very shifty, and isn't that good in the passing game.

The only reason we like him so much is that he's not Larry. He doesn't fumble and he doesn't make negative plays. Not that there's not something to be said for those things, but he's not forcing the Jets to stack the line to stop him because it doesn't take much to bring him down or close the distance on him when he finds a hole.

Last edited by nepg : 08-03-2011 at 06:19 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
patriots worked out quinton moses de/olb

I would take a reclamation project.

As far as Lawfirm, I wouldn't say he ran behind a very good offensive line like descendency, but he is a system back and the numbers he put up exceed the actual value he brought to the team. But the things he does well are the things Woodhead doesn't and visa versa. It was a real nice combo last year. Would be sad to see it go after just one season.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's not a Corey Dillon runner. He runs straight and hard, but that's easily found. He's not shifty and running hard doesn't really do that much for him, it seems. He's smallish, not very explosive, not very shifty, and isn't that good in the passing game.
Not saying he is Dillon, I'm saying he is the best real running back we've had since Dillon. If it's so easily found then why did we lack what BJGE gave us last season for the five seasons before? He isn't Adrian Peterson but he provides something we've needed for a while; a steady, consistent, tough power runner who doesn't dance or make huge mistakes.

Feed Moncrief
Old 08-03-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If it's so easily found then why did we lack what BJGE gave us last season for the five seasons before?
Indifference, really. That and Maroney being a big piece of crap. But mostly indifference. We ignored the position for years, content to bring in piece players and suddenly decided it was extremely important(watch the same thing happen with linebackers).

Not trying to knock Lawfirm. I hope we keep him and I hope he gets to play....but he is what he is.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I agree that he is what he is, and that is fine for what we need. We love our Faulk/Woodhead types but we also need to have a pounding threat like BenJarvus. He isn't a superstar but it was nice to actually have a running game last year thanks to he and Woodhead.

Feed Moncrief
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I agree...I just think it's going to be hard for him to find carries next year to to the influx of talent. Vereen projects to be an impact player for us sooner rather than later. You have to figure Woodhead will still be used the same way too.

Again, I'm actually really curious about what's going to happen with Faulk and Morris.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-03-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Morris is a very good ST'er but I'm still pretty suprised we brought him back, I can't see him figuring into the offense much if at all. Same goes for Faulk, everyone loves him but almost no one thought he'd be back. He has been banged up and doesn't have much left in the tank, but he is Mr. first down and can contribute in a ton of ways. Woodhead is that kind of player though, and Vereen can do a lot too. As for Sammy Morris, the one thing you think he would maybe offer on offense is power back/FB but Ridley should do that along with BJGE, plus Vereen can take it between the tackles. At least one of Faulk/Morris will probably get cut.

Feed Moncrief