Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-03-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

reiss is reporting that vareen left practice and didnt return. speculating a hamstring injury

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willing to bet it's Morris. Morris is a good citizen as well, but I just can't see them telling Faulk he has to compete for a spot on the roster after bringing. There's guys you just don't do that with, Troy Brown was one of them and Faulk is another.

Sucks about Vereen. Early word was he was looking good. Hopefully it's not anything major.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodhead in BB's long term plan ?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Woodhead in BB's long term plan ?
I would presume so. People tend to assume because of the way Woodhead looks that he is a system back who has no actual talent, but the guy is actually really skilled. He is a guy who ran a 4.3 at his pro day, and is has a thick lower build similar to what we see in Ray Rice and MoJo. The guy didn't average 5.5ypc last year by accident, nor could just anybody do it in this system. He's good at catching the ball out of the backfield, blocking, and he's extremely quick. If Kevin Faulk could last 12 years in New England at his size, I see no reason that Woodhead couldn't.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I agree completely on that one. Woodhead is a valuable third down chip both right now and going forward. Faulk is as good as anyone I've ever seen as far as picking up first down, but Woodhead brings an explosive element to the table that he just does not have anymore. The long runs he made on screens last year are something I'm looking forward to seeing next year.

Real nice article in the Herald today about the defense taking on a new attitude already;
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...for _defense/

I would welcome it. We saw quite a bit more aggression last season than we were used to, but we still lacked the nasty factor and had a tendency to play a bit passive at times.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was reading up on the live chat with Mike Reiss.
He took my question... first time ever!!!
I'm now 1 for 165416513161651 in responded questions haha

This season excites me.
I've dusted off Madden 2010 (I didn't buy 2011) and spent an hour updating the Pats roster (minus the rookies, I left vets on there to fill those spots)
and then played a game with Haynesworth playing RE in the 34 and UT in the sub package.
He made two tackles on the RB... FROM BEHIND after a ten yd run. HUSTLE!
(Played the Jets, so 85 only had one catch :( )

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice!

& Lol @ the madden sim. Fat Al hustling for a downfield tackle from behind . . . um, yeah, sure.

I'm still rockin' 2010, too. EA doesn't improve the game enough for me to shell out $50 every year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also . . . what was the question?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a dumb question...

Which RBs did he expect to make the cut? (BJGE, Woody, Vereen and Ridley) and has he heard anything about us intending to sign any of the DE/OLBs we've worked out (Ignored... and this is the question I wanted answered)
He did say in the chat that he thought M.Roth would be the best pick up.
I think we all agree but I was asking for inside info!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Pure speculation, but I bet we're deciding between Roth and Brock at this point. Would seem foolish to sign the one dimensional player over a guy who can contribute everywhere, but you never know.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Solder inked

We've signed all our picks now. Good news.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-04-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff. Now let's bring in Roth or work a trade out for Osi, we need an outside guy and the quicker we bring him in the better.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to my boy ROP,

we worked out Shaun Ellis. that would be very, very interesting

Old 08-04-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellis destroyed us in the playoffs last year, he was the Jets draft pick from the BB trade. I have always liked Ellis, he is a tough player with some versatility. I would welcome him here in a heartbeat even if he is older.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'll sign Ellis. He's a piece player and nowhere near as good as he once was, but he can still contribute to a rotation for sure.

I would be so happy if we did that AND Roth.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-04-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him, plus roth and Osi :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

i think we are getting a little carried away here :)

Old 08-04-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pffft what makes you say that :) No but seriously my last post was only half serious.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'll take him and Clay Matthews.

...now we're carried away.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Osi...no doubt. If they can make it work, financially, Osi would be a huge addition to the roster. I don't care if he can't cover at first because Nink and Cunningham are both pretty good in that department and the team has the secondary and ILBs to cover for him.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'll take him and Clay Matthews.

...now we're carried away.
no, no, i think youre onto something here

Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
"You play different fronts, you play different spacing, and you teach the techniques of your defense. That is what consistent, techniques that are taught in different defensive systems, whether those teams go from three-man line to a four-man line, or a four-man line to an odd spacing line, or overs to unders, or unders to overs, or over-wides, whatever you want to call it. They will continue to play the same fundamental techniques as they've been teaching for the entire year, for the most part. I think that's what teaching defensive fundamental football is about. It's about fundamentals. Wherever you put them, you've got to people other people in complementary places, however you decide to do that.

"It's pretty straight-forward really ... It's more the teaching, techniques and fundamentals you teach your defensive players, more than it is the 4-3, 3-4 lineup that is so important to put on the flip card."
Odd spacing line? Not sure I've heard that terminology before... anyone care to elaborate?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

ESPN 2 is running some sort of special on BB. Pretty sweet.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-04-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Seriously? Sad panda. Wife is watching Hoarders now so I can watch Louie and Wilfred later.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

It's looking like it's just the Pats 2010 season in general at this point but it's making me pretty happy. I had a great time last season despite our early exit in January.

Edit: yeah its just a half hour special on last year, followed by the Eagles pats superbowl, followed by the (sigh) Giants Pats superbowl.

Quote:
Quote: