Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-10-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Vereen is going to be the best thing to happen to our RB core since Corey Dillon. Maybe not this year. He's got too many veteran guys to beat out for carries. But within the next two, I can see him establishing himself here and being a threat to rush for a thousand every season along with a good number of receiving yards.
agreed. he was one of my favorite prospects in the draft.... and he is an ABSOLUTELY PERFECT fit for our system. people dont realize how tough he is to bring down. yes hes quick, but hes tough as well. cant wait to utilize his talents on screens and such.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He hits the hole hard too. He can run inside too, which is something we've had on and off here.

But yeah, in today's issue of quote Mike Reiss, we've got a list of players that didn't practice today and probably won't be in game action;

Brandon Spikes, Shaun Ellis, Chris Morris, Josh Barrett, Kevin Faulk, Albert Haynesworth, Mike Wright, Shane Vereen, Eric Kettani, Brandon Tate, Matt Light, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Ras I Dowling, and James Sanders.

Gronk returned to practice today and Chad participated in half of it after receiving treatment. So about what you would expect. I was hoping to see one or two of those names get in the mix tomorrow, particularly Dowling and Vereen. Brandon Tate missing time could really hurt him a bit. His spot on the roster isn't necessarily threatened quite yet, but if Taylor Price makes some plays in the pre-season and continues to do well in camp it might make him more expendable.

Out of the guys new to the team, I'm excited to get extended looks at Ridley and Solder as well as seeing how Chad is taking to the offense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just texted Mrs.Elvis and asked if Ochocinco can stay with us for a while.

She responded with "as long as he cleans up after himself."

lol

I'm in the running!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I just texted Mrs.Elvis and asked if Ochocinco can stay with us for a while.

She responded with "as long as he cleans up after himself."

lol

I'm in the running!
hahaaa.... now do you have an XBOX? Ocho said that is also a necessity... haha

Old 08-10-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told her his only reqs were internet access and an xbox.

She replied with "done & done. and a big backyard for practice."

No doubt I'm behind the 8 ball though, as I am not a twitter follower.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

mankins agrees to a 6 year deal! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lol

Seriously, though, I agree w/descendency. NE's backfield is anyone's guess at this point. Woodhead has pretty low value right now and doesn't really seem like he's worth keeping. If you're going to get him super cheap and really have no other options then be sure to back him up by drafting Vereen.

Personally, I am not even considering keeping Woodhead in a league I own him. His current ADP is roughly round 10, so unless you're giving up a late round pick, he's not really worth it.
Really depends on the league's scoring rules. Woody could get a lot of TDs and will probably be the go-to option when trying to pick up a first on third and 3-6.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GREAT news about Mankins. This is really where he belongs for the rest of his career. I still remember looking up and finding him in the guard rankings on this site the night before we drafted everyone. He wasn't ranked all that high haha. Boy has he proved that wrong at this point.

Fat Al and Chad have restructured their deals to move some numbers around. Fat Al now makes 1M this season and 6 next. I'm pretty sure it's a one year thing at this point haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 08-10-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pumped about Mankins, that is huge

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So stoked to get home and see all over espn that Mankins reach a new deal with us. This has been a great offseason for us, it really has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That doesn't get done with a lesser owner. Just think about how bad that situation would have played out with a guy like Mike Brown. Thank god for the Kraft family.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-10-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best move of the summer by far

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

For sure.

I really can't wait for tomorrow night. We saw this teams season end on such a bitter note 7 months ago. It will be nice to just see Patriots football again(or any football for that matter haha).

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

lots of guys im looking to watching but particularly Ridley, Mallett, Price, Hernandez, Ross, Darius Butler, Brandon Spikes, and Julian Edelman

Old 08-10-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read about Mankins... Happiest I've been with NE in a while!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lol

Seriously, though, I agree w/descendency. NE's backfield is anyone's guess at this point. Woodhead has pretty low value right now and doesn't really seem like he's worth keeping. If you're going to get him super cheap and really have no other options then be sure to back him up by drafting Vereen.

Personally, I am not even considering keeping Woodhead in a league I own him. His current ADP is roughly round 10, so unless you're giving up a late round pick, he's not really worth it.
thanks! think I'll just go after Vereen late in the draft.

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

will hit you up asap.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
lots of guys im looking to watching but particularly Ridley, Mallett, Price, Hernandez, Ross, Darius Butler, Brandon Spikes, and Julian Edelman
You hit the nail on the head pretty much. I went to training camp yesterday, Hernandez was far and away the best player on the field for that practice. Dude basically beat everybody and caught everything. Lots of young skill position talent to watch, it'll be interesting to see where everyone is.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you know I think one of the more underrated aspects of our offseason, and is particularly applicable in a shortened offseason is that we kept all 22 starters this year. Not many teams can claim the stability the Patriots have. Add in a full season with a happy Mankins, more RB depth, a proven outside threat at WR, everybody in relative health at this point and more potential at rushing the passer. I think quietly we have had a huge offseason.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's pretty sweet that Haynesworth and Ocho both reworked theyre contracts so we could get Mankins locked up for the next six years. Really surprised to hear that Fat Al would be good with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowl or bust

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Happy Day, Happy Day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That doesn't get done with a lesser owner. Just think about how bad that situation would have played out with a guy like Mike Brown. Thank god for the Kraft family.
This is true.

I was extremely critical of Logan when he made comments about the team going back on its word and some of the other crap he said. With him clearly taking the high road and letting it go so he could remain a Patriot, I feel the credit has to be given to Mankins in this one, too. There's no way we'll ever know exactly what that previous offer was so there's no way we'll ever know if Mankins' comments truly had any merit. He was man enough to set that nonsense aside when he clearly was upset, right or wrong, and that's huge.

Water under the bridge, Mr. Mankins. It will definitely be nice to watch him mauling people for the next 6 years.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I think it's pretty sweet that Haynesworth and Ocho both reworked theyre contracts so we could get Mankins locked up for the next six years. Really surprised to hear that Fat Al would be good with that.
They didn't. (though, that's a nice spin to it)

Mankins franchise number would far exceed his current cap number, making the deal possible without anyone doing anything.

They may have done it because bill will take one last shot at Matt Roth??? Probably not.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Guess they weren't interested in roth afterall. . . (He's going to Jacksonville)

3 million for a guy who can do what he can? Seems silly to let that get in the way.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

BeerBaron posted something in the free agency thread about how he negotiated in bad faith. We were about to sign him and he suddenly raised his asking price. If I had to guess, he probably tried to exploit the leverage he had against us because we didn't have anyone like him on the roster. Team probably didn't like that. It seems silly to have a complete breakdown like that between grown men...but I guess it happens. It's still disappointing as hell.

R.I.P. Junior Seau