Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-12-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
and you can cross off the dolphins and bills for trades
I don't see why. They've dealt with both teams plenty in the past. If they have the best offer, the Patriots will make the move.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't see why. They've dealt with both teams plenty in the past. If they have the best offer, the Patriots will make the move.
i just dont think they would trade a guy into the division who we home grew and developed on our own.... along with having complete knowledge of our playbook being in our system for the third year now. just dont see it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't think we're likely to do that this close to the start of the season either. Unless someone blows the roof off with an offer, Hoyer is likely staying for another year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I just find it pretty astonishing that some teams are able to find diamonds in the rough as late round picks or UDFAs at QB and really coach them up and develop them while other teams are so inept at identifying and developing QBs even if they are early round picks.

New England and Green Bay seem to really just have a culture instilled that allows for them to develop QBs but also have the scouting talent to be able to ID guys that have potential in this league that are bypassed by everyone else.
1. Both trends hit it big with a QB (Favre, Bledsoe) that allowed them flexibility to groom younger guys that they found in strange nooks.

2. Both teams have been great say developing young QB coaches.

It will be funny to watch Indianapolis struggle when Manning leaves because they never put any emphasis on finding and developing guys under him. Sorgi and Painter are both terrible.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe we can trade Hoyer to the Colts for a 2nd. :D
Old 08-12-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So one of the interesting things we haven't brought up yet is that Bodden played in the slot last night. I wasn't really expecting that, personally. Arrington battles and competes as an outside corner, but he's just a guy who projects to play much better on the inside. Could just be shuffling things around. Maybe we have high expectations for Dowling or something, although I doubt it this early.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-12-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
So one of the interesting things we haven't brought up yet is that Bodden played in the slot last night. I wasn't really expecting that, personally. Arrington battles and competes as an outside corner, but he's just a guy who projects to play much better on the inside. Could just be shuffling things around. Maybe we have high expectations for Dowling or something, although I doubt it this early.
They are probably just playing guys all over, situational football is what BB is all about. I wouldn't read much into where people were on the field at this point.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still haven't had a chance to see the game yet, but that's interesting that Bodden was in the slot, especially considering Dowling hasn't really played yet. The Patriots might have just wanted Bodden to get some playing time at a different spot just in case.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm sure it's not 100% indicative of future plans, but it's still interesting. Provided Dowling comes out hot and plays well right away(big if) then Bodden inside could be money. The prospect of having three corners who can play press man effectively this year is very exciting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-12-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So last night I came home right before the game to find out the cable company had cut my tv/internet by mistake thinking that my house was my neighbors house. After a quick angry phone call to the cable company I drove to a friends house and watched it there. Seriously though 345 days a year this isn't a problem, but don't get between me and the Patriots.

Here's my thoughts on the game:

It was nice to see my backup mancrushes play well (Price, Ridley, Fletcher). Ridley was more shifty than I thought, but I'm slightly worried he might dance which I never got the indication of before. He does have some nice raw skills though.

Butler sucks, one more bad preseason game and he's dead to me. Too much fail every time I see him.

Are our second string skill players better than Buffalo and Miami? I might take Hoyer, Ridley/Vereen, Hernandez, Price, and Edelman over what they have there. Depth certainly looked really good.

Jacksonville blows, although they like the Patriots held out their best.

Solder looked decent. He flashed his athleticism a couple of times, but he was pretty much everything we thought he would be. He relies to much on his athleticism, and I'd like to see more power from him. I don't think he'll play too much this year.

It was odd that Belichick played Chung and Meriweather so much when he held out the rest of his starters. He must really not be happy with the play there.

Price straight beasted, that explosion he showed on that slant is something we haven't seen here consistently in a while. There is still something about him that doesn't look particularly fluid though.

Can't wait for preseason game 2! Hopefully we'll get our first look at Haynesworth, Vereen, and Dowling.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:52 AM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.

BB likes versatility, that's why he played Bodden in the slot. He wants everyone to be able to move around and play multiple positions on the fly. There is no way they trade Hoyer this year...no way. I'm in West Africa so I didn't see the game. My brothers get to use my season tickets. Can someone give me a report on the two DE we picked up...Anderson and Carter as well as their thoughts on Moore and Cunningham. It would be greatly appreciated Thanks.
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:09 AM    (permalink
NJS
Rookie

NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NJS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Can't wait for preseason game 2! Hopefully we'll get our first look at Haynesworth, Vereen, and Dowling.
Especially Dowling for me, given his so-so training camp.

Anyone got a feeling for what the plans are at QB next week?

New England Patriots
1. Brady
2. Welker
3. McCourty
NJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:26 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJS View Post
Anyone got a feeling for what the plans are at QB next week?
1-2 drives = Brady
rest of 1st-2nd+1st snap of 3rd = Hoyer/Mallett
Rest of game = Mallett/Hoyer
Old 08-13-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyg View Post
BB likes versatility, that's why he played Bodden in the slot. He wants everyone to be able to move around and play multiple positions on the fly. There is no way they trade Hoyer this year...no way. I'm in West Africa so I didn't see the game. My brothers get to use my season tickets. Can someone give me a report on the two DE we picked up...Anderson and Carter as well as their thoughts on Moore and Cunningham. It would be greatly appreciated Thanks.
Cunningham looked awful. He lost contain numerous times and was getting blocked at the POA. His single sack was the rest of Gabbert getting lost essentially.

Moore played 34 DE most of the first half and was unspectacular at it.

Anderson got good pressure, but seemed to be lower effort than some would like.

I didn't really see much from Carter. Basically, the second half was kind of dull on defense.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given how he has played to this point and Belichick's numerous defensive line additions, I think it's about time to be worried about Jermaine Cunningham - at this point, it's not looking like this is the breakout season we were hoping for.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I thought Anderson played pretty well. He wasn't finishing plays off, but he beat his man off the line a few times and showed an ability to out speed blockers. He had at least one pressure that resulted in a sack, think it was the Richard one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Brandon Meriweather cleared of the shooting charges, according to reports. In an unrelated report, Brandon Meriweather sucks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-13-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have been able to watch the 1st through 3rd quarter of the game thus far.

Here are some thoughts...

* - Nate Solder did a solid job, as did the entire offensive line, no sacks given up through 3 quarters is a nice start given the lack of preparation time. Solder looks awfully thin though.

* - Really love Taylor Price right now, made some big plays, contributed on ST, looks like a legit weapon. I think he is still fighting for #4/5 spot right now, but he looks like a keeper. The 5 I would keep now are Branch, Welker, Ochocinco, Edelman, and Price.

* - Solid play from the backup QB's...Hoyer and Mallett looked great. I was really impressed with Mallett's arm. He moved well in the pocket, didn't force throws, used his checkdowns correctly, and looked very calm and composed. Lets hope the kid turns into something really special.

* - Stevan Ridley...what more can you say, the kid had a monster game. He ran hard with good leverage, didn't avoid contact, and got every yard that he could. He looks like he should be in the mix to keep at RB, but who gets cut? We have BJGE, Faulk, Woodhead, Morris, Vereen, and Ridley.

* - Liked what I saw from Mark Anderson, I think he will be a key cog in the pass rush this fall.

* - I know its only preseason, but I am glad to see that we we able to get some good pressure on the Jaguars QBs.

* - Ball security early in the game. The two Hernandez fumbles as well as Woodhead's quick drop and recovery are a bit of a concern, but I would hope that is just due to the guys getting the rust off.

* - Darius Butler? Is he done here in NE? I would guess McCourty, Arrington, Bodden, and Dowling are all ahead of him.

* - What are the chances the Brandon Tate is cut?

* - I really liked Dane Fletcher, he plays hard, sure he missed a few tackles and was out of position a couple of times, but the guy was all over the field.

There is what I have so far, needless to say I am very excited for the season to begin!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Brandon Meriweather cleared of the shooting charges, according to reports. In an unrelated report, Brandon Meriweather sucks.
When asked if his client was involved in a shooting, Meriweather's lawyer replied "Impossible, Brandon would have shot the guy behind him."
Old 08-13-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Prosecutors alleged that Meriweather was supposed to be at the party. The defense countered with two years worth of tapes showing that their client is never where he's supposed to be.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 08-13-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

zing zing lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.

Thanks for the update. I really apprecate it. Does anyone think that they will move Cunningham back to OLB and have Moore and Anderson as the starting DE's?....Butler was that bad, huh? Thanks again guys.

Last edited by bhyg : 08-13-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So I didn't realize it, but apparently we had practice today. Same group of players not practicing today, for the most part, with Dowling and Vereen the biggest names among the bunch. Taylor Price was added to that group too, supposedly got dinged on the punt return, but nothing serious.

Hopefully it's just a case of extra caution with these guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I read that report. I think it's just caution honestly.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else fear for brady against the lions? lol
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote