Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-24-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler just flat out can't play. I haven't seen one thing that's encouraging out of him since he's been here really. It's not like he actually had a good rookie season like some are saying either; he was put in an extremely limited role and caught the ball and ran with it a few times. It's been a completely different story when he's been asked to be a real contributing piece to the defense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just sucks plain and simple. For anything positive some of you hold onto theres also double digit mistakes. Literally the Jags came into that game and Gabbert was looking right for where Butler was before the snap, every team knows hes our weakest link, hes just ******* blows. Was a huge liability in that Jets playoff game, we need to stop getting excited when he makes a play on a poorly thrown ball and realize hes a schmuck and needs to be cut. I'd rather go with four corners than Butler, Hell I'd rather put 10 guys on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 08-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espn Boston
2009 QB Class...

1.Matthew Stafford
5. Mark Sanchez
17. Josh Freeman
44. Pat White (no longer with Dolphins)
101. Stephen McGee
151. Rhett Bomar (no longer with Giants)
171. Nate Davis (no longer with 49ers)
174. Tom Brandstater (no longer with Broncos)
178. Mike Teel (no longer with Seahawks)
196. Keith Null (no longer with Rams)
201. Curtis Painter

UDFA: Brian Hoyer.
Hoyer is at least good enough to be 4th. I think you can make the case he's a lot closer to Sanchez than the Jets would like to admit.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoyer hasn't seen enough action to be above any of them, but he's 4th for sure. Of course, that's pretty much by default, but whatever. lol

Freeman
Sanchez
Stafford
Hoyer

Sanchez above Stafford only b/c he can actually stay on the field.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Stephen McGee is right up there, too.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People go sign up for the pats fantasy league if you havent. Also no drafting Jets players as we discussed last year ;)

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we've got just about everybody we wanted to see practicing now. Shame it wasn't during open camp so we could get some reports. But there's a good chance we'll see Vereen and Dowling play on Saturday. Price is expected to return to action as well. Hopefully we can get him some reps with Brady and see how that connection looks going forward.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-25-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I kind of want to hold Haynesworth out until the regular season starts, just to make sure he's healthy as well as not letting teams have any idea how we'll line up when hes in there. But I want to see Ras I get some playing time.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm half heatedly hoping we give him some reps at safety. That's a much bigger position of need right now than corner. He's a great press man corner and you would be wasting that just a bit, but it's pretty clear Merri just isn't going to cut it out there anymore with his undisciplined play.

But yeah, I'm excited to see Vereen get a go. Dude can straight up run away from people in the open field. We've got that with Woodhead already, but Vereen profiles to be more of a true runningback and less of a super utility player. I'm interested in seeing if we can get both of them on the field at the same time some way.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-25-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
People go sign up for the pats fantasy league if you havent. Also no drafting Jets players as we discussed last year ;)
PM me the league #. I couldn't find it.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think Stephen McGee is right up there, too.
I'd say 5th ^_^

As far as Stafford vs Sanchez, I'll give Stafford a pass for one more year. If he's hurt again and misses serious time, I'm going to think there is something wrong with him.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Looking more and more like Yeatman has Lee Smith beat out. Surprising given how good Smith has looked and how quickly he'll likely be snapped up given his strong Senior Bowl, but Yeatman has the upside advantage and has performed pretty well so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I think they take the chance on Yeatman making the PS over cutting Smith. Even if they think Yeatman is better...it's marginal. If they cut Smith, they lose him. If they cut Yeatman, they can probably keep him on the PS.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.

I'm sorry to ask this here but I don't know any other way to get the info. I'm in West Africa and I can't access the draft review (for the PATRIOTS). Is it possible for someone to either post it here or email it to me. BHYG@GDGLTD.com. At least my brothers get to use my season tickets and enjoy it...I can't even get a good enough internet connection to listen to them streamed on the radio. Thanks and I'm really sorry to ask.
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think they take the chance on Yeatman making the PS over cutting Smith. Even if they think Yeatman is better...it's marginal. If they cut Smith, they lose him. If they cut Yeatman, they can probably keep him on the PS.
I completely agree.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyg View Post
I'm sorry to ask this here but I don't know any other way to get the info. I'm in West Africa and I can't access the draft review (for the PATRIOTS). Is it possible for someone to either post it here or email it to me. BHYG@GDGLTD.com. At least my brothers get to use my season tickets and enjoy it...I can't even get a good enough internet connection to listen to them streamed on the radio. Thanks and I'm really sorry to ask.
Hasn't been published yet from this site, from what I can see. I will be sure to post it here when I can man.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-27-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.

Thanks!!!!

Being in Africa I won't be able to watch the game tonight. Can someone post how our Strongside OLB plays and who it is...Ninkovitch/Cunningham etc. I've been very high on Price and I'd also like to know how he looks. Anything that stands out would also be appreciated. I don't post all the time as you can see but I read the thread whenever I have an internet connection and I appreciate the info I'm able to get from you all. Cheers
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Really can't wait for the game tonight. Seems like it's been forever since the Bucs game already haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-27-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Really can't wait for the game tonight. Seems like it's been forever since the Bucs game already haha.
I feel the same way, it's really going to be terrible waiting for a monday night game, I hate when we start our seasons on monday night instead of sunday like everyone else. It totally takes my focus away from everything I have to do monday during the day haha.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, **** the wait for Monday Night games. It is a bit more exciting when it actually gets there though.

But yeah, no Haynesworth, Vereen, or Ras I. Boo.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-27-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm ok with holding off on Ellis and Haynesworth until the games matter, Ras I and Vareen however need to get some time in thispreseason with no training camps or anything like that. Highly doubt at this point we'll get a lot of contribution from them this year.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I still wouldn't rule it out, but they've missed a LOT of time. Both of them seem to be pretty smart guys who have likely been studying playbooks and such, but you can only learn so much without getting into action. Hopefully we get a look at them next week and get them up to speed by the middle of the year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-27-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Working McCourty early, didn't look all that great either. Either that or Burleson will have a breakout year. And Tate just take the touch back man.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Lol at not starting Solder.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Is that Light? I didn't see. If so, he ****** up good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau