Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-02-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he gets a ton of hate here, but I really fell Darius Butler is so close to being a very good CB. The problem for him is the last 10% looks like 90%. He just has zero ball skills. If a coach can find some way to develop his ball skills, I think patriots fans will definitely regret watching him leave.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone can do that, I wish him the best. Doesn't seem like a bad kid or a guy who just doesn't work, but he's just a mess technically right now. I don't share the view that he doesn't allow separation; he does. People wouldn't throw his way near as often if he didn't. Not enough to make him as bad as he is, but enough that he's not a sure thing even with a vast improvement of playing the ball.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, just wondered how Marcus Cannon was coming along? Is he healthy, playing etc?

Thanksss.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We touched on it a bit in the last page. He's on the reserve/non football injury list right now. Scheduled to come off it in week 7. We then have three additional weeks to put him on the 53 man roster. He's likely headed to the IR though, should make contributions next year at RG.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats PUP'd Faulk, Brace, and Deaderick. Sound strategy, although I'm not sure Brace/Deaderick really deserved the extra chance.

They'll also visit with Andre Gurode, who I'd be pretty excited about signing. Would probably make for an awkward situation w/ Haynesworth, though.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Gurode would be a pretty good backup....might be better than Koppen in some situations too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Gurode would be a pretty good backup....might be better than Koppen in some situations too.
I think they'd probably be looking at him as a starting right guard considering how Connolly has played lately.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Some recent cuts to keep tabs on:

FB Chris Gronkowski - team has no true FB, Rob Gronkowski's brother

WR Mardy Gilyard - might be a good fit in team's offense

OT Clint Oldenburg - originally drafted him in 2008, but cut early on

OG Caleb Schlauderaff - worked out before draft, 6th round pick for GB

C Tim Barnes - might be a good fit for New England's zone blocking offense

C Andre Gurode - will be brought in for a visit this week

DE Igor Olshansky - decent rotational player vs. the run, 3-4 DE depth

LB Tyrone McKenzie - career in jeopardy (ACL) but could be a better fit in new 4-3 if healthy

CB Thad Turner - previously on the team, CB depth is needed
Old 09-03-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, that would make a ton of sense. It's really that entire part of the line that has problems dealing with size and strength. Pretty sure Gurode was playing at an at least average level the past few years. Just a cap issue thing for the Cowboys. So yeah, count me in the camp that wants that thing to get done as quickly as possible.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm really intrigued by the other Gronkowski brother. I've wanted a true fullback around these parts for awhile, ever since Heath Evans departed really. He's also a pretty good target out of the backfield too. Provided he can play special teams, I really think he could be an upgrade over Morris at this point.

Igor Olshansky is interesting too. Is he better than what we have as far as rotational guys right now? Possibly. I would love to bring in a guy who can play five technique.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Markell Carter and Aaron Lavarias cut. PS candidates?

Terrence Wheatley was also cut by Jacksonville, I wouldn't mind bringing him back considering the lack of CB depth.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Carter is a pretty good PS candidate. He just wasn't ready for the NFL from what we saw. Give him a year to get an NFL body and go from there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Eric Moore and Alex Silvestro cut. To be honest, I'm glad Moore is gone, he looked really bad this preseason, like he significantly regressed from last year.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Moore really doesn't surprise me. It was such a small sample size last season and Mark Anderson outplayed him in the pre-season. Silvestro might be a good candidate for the practice squad we we prefer him to Carter.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore was garbage outside of pass rushing on 3rd downs.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Terrence Wheatley was also cut by Jacksonville, I wouldn't mind bringing him back considering the lack of CB depth.
Darius Butler > Jonathan Wilhite > Terrence Wheatley.

Jacksonville is wafer thin at DB. If they cut someone, leave them alone.

Quote:
Yeah, that would make a ton of sense. It's really that entire part of the line that has problems dealing with size and strength. Pretty sure Gurode was playing at an at least average level the past few years. Just a cap issue thing for the Cowboys. So yeah, count me in the camp that wants that thing to get done as quickly as possible.
Quoting Jerry Jones (losely) "You can't pay a backup center 5.5 million."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
WR Mardy Gilyard - might be a good fit in team's offense

LB Tyrone McKenzie - career in jeopardy (ACL) but could be a better fit in new 4-3 if healthy
Gilyard can't make a team with **** at WR with a similar system to NEs... he isn't going to make the Patriots.

McKenzie wasn't good when he was here and NE is just playing more even fronts when it makes sense. They played a 4 man front against the Colts (so they could sit in nickel). The two most important games this year (the Jets), the Patriots will play mostly 34.

Quote:
We touched on it a bit in the last page. He's on the reserve/non football injury list right now. Scheduled to come off it in week 7. We then have three additional weeks to put him on the 53 man roster. He's likely headed to the IR though, should make contributions next year at RG.
So he would be a UFA if he hit week 10 without being IR'd or activated?

Last edited by descendency : 09-03-2011 at 12:31 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really hope we never have to deal with an Eric Moore/TBC type again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

proshoota's boy Justin Trattou was waived by the Giants. Would be a nice PS addition but it seems more likely the Patriots will just sign Lavarias/Silvestro/Carter/etc. for that.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I know he gets a ton of hate here, but I really fell Darius Butler is so close to being a very good CB. The problem for him is the last 10% looks like 90%. He just has zero ball skills. If a coach can find some way to develop his ball skills, I think patriots fans will definitely regret watching him leave.
I do agree with you. As frustrating as it is seeing him in position and just watching the ball go by or mis-timing his jump.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Sammy Morris is out.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Honestly; good. We just don't have the room on our roster to carry him. Good citizen here, but it's time to move on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Brandon Tate is going to be absolutely on the bubble now. I'm not sure the team has a good idea of what they're going to do with that one yet either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Brandon Meriweather and Lee Smith have been cut. Good riddance on Meriweather, although I wish we could have gotten something for him. Hopefully we can add a safety before the season starts. Lee Smith should be a PS candidate but with Will Yeatman's emergence, he was expendable.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Holy ****. I didn't think we would go THAT far. You had to figure someone would be stupid enough to give up a pick for him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-03-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hello mark barron 2012 draftee

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote