Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB's drafts from 2006-2009 not to hot. 2010 cane make up for it partly. **** happens.

I was telling someone about the book War Room, which details how BB was overwhelmed with drafting duties post Super Bowls and lead to some arguments between TD and SP. They will be detailed in the book. He seemed out of his league, oddly enough. He has some good young guys back in the scouting/personnel department to help him.

who is pumped about the BB special on NFL network?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
who is pumped about the BB special on NFL network?
I would be, but I can't get NFLN.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

skjfsakdjfhaksjh I am so ******* happy that Butler is gone. I would of rather cut him and taken a 52 man roster than keep his ass around, this is like christmas morning for me, now QBs don't have a free completion to his side of the field. Also EE, love the msg reference, that should catch on it would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Was Butler that bad? I am hoping the Raiders could claim him on Waivers
I sort of agree with EE, except I tend to take a more positive view of Butler. Talent-wise, he's very good. Technique... he's horrible, to say it nicely. He seems to get the "deer in headlights" look when the ball is midfllight and can't play the ball. He either gives up the catch (but usually makes the tackle) or commits an PI penalty.

Personally, I think it all has to do with confidence. He just doesn't have any. I'm kind of sad to see him go because I always feel "just one more year" is what he needs. I think the lack of off-season workouts hurt him.

But, he's regressed since being here... so it was time to be cut.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wont go anywhere and be good and then we can all finally put the speculation that he might pan out to rest and just realize that he was awful no matter how you put it. All 31 teams knew right where to go when he was in on the field, was easily the weakest part of our defense outside of pass rush.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ysis-on-butler

Wow. Kind of sad to see that Butler outperformed (statistically) Arrington.

Obviously, the eye test says otherwise.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler just has zero confidence, and unfortunately with that position confidence plays such a huge factor with onfield performance. Unfortunately Butler never really had that edge that he needed.

I don't care what the statistics say. I'd take Arrington 100 out of 100 times against Butler.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
You guys picked up AJ Edds...is he going to be on the active roster or PS? I was surprised the Dolphins let him go, his MO is supposed to be his coverage ability.
Edds was one of my favorite linebackers a few years back. Solid pickup. We're crowded at linebacker right now, but he has a real chance of sticking here. Good system fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ysis-on-butler

Wow. Kind of sad to see that Butler outperformed (statistically) Arrington.

Obviously, the eye test says otherwise.
That is kind of weird. I never saw Arrington beat like a wet towel the way Butler was though. Arrington would be a much better player in a more limited role and is a prime candidate to be a nickelback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
You guys picked up AJ Edds...is he going to be on the active roster or PS? I was surprised the Dolphins let him go, his MO is supposed to be his coverage ability.
Active roster, but I'm assuming he was probably signed for advance scouting/as an eff you to Miami for claiming Yeatman.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see him sticking over Jeff Tarpinian. Even athletically, but Edds brings a bit more to the table as a linebacker while Tarpinian brings more on special teams.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-06-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm not much for twitter, but this is Zoltan Mesko's avatar thingie right now and it is awesome.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm not much for twitter, but this is Zoltan Mesko's avatar thingie right now and it is awesome.

That is awesome.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So we cut Warren to pick up Dan Gronkowski. Dah ****?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

No, we cut Butler for that. We cut Warren to bring in Edds, by the sounds of it.

It sounds like Warren is taking a one week vacation so we don't have to guarantee his salary.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-07-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is this BB special on NFLN???
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 15th. It's a new series called "A Football Life" and the first (2 part) episode is on BB. I'm not sure if that means the 15th & 22nd or if it's two parts on the same night.

Promo on NFL.com

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with Stevan Ridley? Pats are so damn tight lipped about injuries I can't find anything about what's wrong with him. I'm assuming concussion-anyone know or think anything different?

Pegged him in fantasy draft as a possible break out rookie. It looks like he's a combination of BJGE & Woodhead and I gambled that he might get significant playing time as the season goes. fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah, never a good idea to draft a pats RB unless you get them after the draft.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
What's the deal with Stevan Ridley? Pats are so damn tight lipped about injuries I can't find anything about what's wrong with him. I'm assuming concussion-anyone know or think anything different?

Pegged him in fantasy draft as a possible break out rookie. It looks like he's a combination of BJGE & Woodhead and I gambled that he might get significant playing time as the season goes. fail?
Keep him stashed. Nobody has any idea what's up with Ridley, but I think stashing him and hoping for the mid-season breakout is absolutely not a fail.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Everyone but Vollmer practiced today. Vollmer has a full five days to get ready to go, so he should be good as well. Looks like we'll be putting our best foot forward against the Dolphins.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Looks like we'll be putting our best foot forward against the Dolphins.
You're supposed to save that joke for another divisional team . . .
Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah, never a good idea to draft a pats RB unless you get them after the draft.
My first rule of fantasy football: Do not play a Patriots player outside of Gostkowski and Brady.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and W.Welker if you're in a PPR league

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I got Hernandez because hes been lining up at wr and has been getting good looks.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind picking him up as a back up tight end.
In my FF leagues... it seems like Gronkowski was always available late in the draft
so he's my back up TE instead. Hernandez isn't a bad choice either though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote