Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-08-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Carolina signed Darius Butler, i havent gotten to see him play so i was wondering what you guys think of him? Its not like were stacked at corner as it is but im just curious how good a pick up it really could be.
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj825 View Post
So Carolina signed Darius Butler, i havent gotten to see him play so i was wondering what you guys think of him? Its not like were stacked at corner as it is but im just curious how good a pick up it really could be.
Could be: a #2 boundary corner, maybe even #1.

Probably will be: A guy who gets cut in a year or two after he doesn't develop anymore.

Is right now: Zero confidence, zero ball skills.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your honest to god best bet is to sneak down to the stadium one night and poison his water. You will thank me later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel bad for Butler, he seems like a good kid and had a lot of chemistry with the other Patriots DBs off the field, but he just can't put it all together. Has starting talent but I cringed every time I saw him on the field - other teams knew he was incompetent and would target him mercilessly whenever he was out there with a ton of success. He was basically an instant first down. Last season he allowed Ochocinco to go 10/12 for 133 yards and a TD in the first game, and then got smoked by Braylon Edwards to the tune of 5/6 for 74 yards and a TD, after which Edwards did the dougie in his face. All in all, his QB rating against last season was 106.7. Maybe the Dolphins should have signed him as a quarterbacks coach, because he made Chad Henne look like Tom Brady.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is pumping crowd noise into the practices, with the idea that there may be more Patriots than Dolphins fans there. **** yeah.

Tampa is also blacked out as the only team that didn't sell out there stadium. Hate to say it because I know some legitimate ones....but Florida sports fans lol.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins fans? what is that?
Old 09-09-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Miami is pumping crowd noise into the practices, with the idea that there may be more Patriots than Dolphins fans there. **** yeah.

Tampa is also blacked out as the only team that didn't sell out there stadium. Hate to say it because I know some legitimate ones....but Florida sports fans lol.
Wow - Tampa really surprises me. I guess the Lions stigma has people avoiding what should be one of the league's best games this week.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They just have bad fans.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just issuing a big ole' **** you to Monday Night season openers. Waiting is going to suck.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Just issuing a big ole' **** you to Monday Night season openers. Waiting is going to suck.
I'm going to have to wait even longer - I have a Monday night class, so instead of turning it on in the middle of the second quarter I'll probably just tape it and watch it on Tuesday.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hating waiting after that season opener... I'm jacked for football!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would of killed myself if we didn't have football right now haha. I think my friends and I must have said that like thirty times last night.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting really nervous about the likelihood that Seabass misses the Dolphins game. Personally I don't like the idea of Solder having his NFL debut going head to head with Cameron Wake. Hell, Volmer had a hard enough time with him last year. I think the Pats will have to keep Gronkowski in to block a lot which takes a huge chunk out of their offense. It's games like this where I bet BB wishes he had Kevin Faulk ready to play.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm nervous about it as well...but part of me wants to see it as well. Wake's first step is absolutely disgusting. It takes a top notch athlete, like Solder, to neutralize him. Might work out better than you would think. There's the possibility Wake rapes and pillages either guy too, though.

Neither of Vollmer pushing it through an injury or Solder making his debut against such a strong pass rusher is ideal at all. It's something to watch for sure, unfortunately.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-10-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Let's hope we have an awesome run game going early.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So a couple of things I'm going to be looking at heading into Monday Night's game.

1) The new left side of our defensive line better dominate the Dolphins. Haynesworth has been saying all the right things since he has gotten here, but I think this will be a great early indicator of what he'll be like this season. By all accounts the Dolphins right side offensive line is atrocious Vernon Carey and Marc Columbo have looked terrible in the preseason, and they have a rookie center making line calls. Haynesworth should be looking at a lot one on one matchups with Carey and should be the best player on the Pats defense that game.

2) Unleash the GRONKKKKK!!! After dominating TC and the end of last season I expect huge things out of him this year. I think he'll stay in to block a lot more than he would have if Vollmer was playing, but the safeties for Miami are pretty average and I think he can do a ton of damage against them if he is given enough opportunities.

3) This is the perfect test for the offense. A good defense that has a couple of guys who can get after the QB and that has solid man coverage corners has been the death of us in recent years, and the Dolphins are exactly that. This is probably going to be the best defense the Pats will see until week 5 so it'll be a good early indicator to if the late preseason offensive woes are over.

4) Run the damn ball! The lack of it has been the undoing the past few years. They need to have the mentality that they can move the chains on the ground against anybody, and I think it's important to establish that the first few weeks even if it is easier to pass in the warmer weather.

5) Solder vs. Wake

6) Mayo, McCourty, Chung. That is the young core for this defense. Can McCourty shut Marshall down 1-on-1? Can Mayo make plays that look like they should be open for him during the game? Can Chung step up and be a leader of a safety group that desperately needs him to be one? These guys are the future of our aggressive attacking 4-3 defense and I'd like to see them step up from the beginning against Miami.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Good stuff.

As far as the Gronk thing goes, I could see it hurting Hernandez more so than anyone else. Gronk is just too good to keep doing one thing all game. I could see us using both Gronk's at the same time, with Dan helping out on Wake.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-10-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

getting excited..... should be interesting if both waters and solder start and get most of the snaps on the right side..... two new guys.... chemistry? what will happen? will brady be able to stand upright? thats one of my most intriguing pieces of the game. we will def see how much strength solder has against wake... if he has any lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

He has the strength, he just needs a bit more technique.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
He has the strength, he just needs a bit more technique.
i havent seen much strength in the preseason to be honest

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Wake isn't a guy who is going to bulldoze you either. Strong, but he's no mauler. It's that burst you've got to look out for. Solder needs to deliver the first blow and extend his arms to contain him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

So glad to see Tom Brady's right shoulder is finally healthy.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Full injury report;

Questionable
DE Mark Anderson (knee)
CB Kyle Arrington (hip)
OL Dan Connolly (foot)
LB Jermaine Cunningham (groin)
LB Dane Fletcher (hand)
DL Albert Haynesworth (illness)
WR Taylor Price (hamstring)
DL Myron Pryor (groin)
RB Stevan Ridley (ankle)
LB Jeff Tarpinian (knee)
RB Shane Vereen (hamstring)
OL Sebastian Vollmer (back)
OL Ryan Wendell (calf)

Probable
CB Leigh Bodden (hand)
WR Julian Edelman (hand)

Most of those guys will play. Vollmer might not, however. The Haynesworth illness though honestly wreaks of BB ******* with the Dolphins a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Maybe Haynesworth won't play because it would be unfair to the Dolphins to have a DL of Haynesworth, Wilfork, and Ellis...
Old 09-10-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Especially with how bad their interior has been.

R.I.P. Junior Seau