Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Connolly is overrated as an OG. At C, his natural position, he could be a real stud considering the time he spent bulking up to handle big lineman as an OG (admittedly, he's a fairly unknown at C - but there is potential for him to be really really good there). Waters is still one of the better OG's in the NFL as long as he isn't getting flagged.
Then hope Connolly works out at center and draft David DeCastro out of Stanford to play G. Wrong thread, sorry.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or Marcus Cannon. :)
Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you know who Wally Pipp is? lol.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't to watch it tonight because of LSU/MSU and my girlfriend DVR'ing Project ******* Runway at the same time as all these things are on, but I've got a late night recording set up for it and plan on watching it first thing in the morning. Should be awesome.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for part II.

edit: if you guys can't see it, I think the NFL has kindly uploaded it (or someone using the NFL's name) to metacritic.

Part one: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/nf-0c2...ill_belichick/
Part two: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/nf-e96...s_preparation/
Part 3: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/nf-a1a...memory _lane/
Part 4: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/nf-78c...cks_execution/
Part 5: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/nf-860...hicks_failure/

It seems the last part is missing :/

Last edited by descendency : 09-16-2011 at 01:51 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't get to watch last night & probably won't get to tonight, then I'm off in the a.m. for a work trip to Milwaukee until Wednesday. Looks like I'll be watching it as a feature length film with zero commercial interruptions next week! lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i watched bits and pieces on nfl.com...not sure if I got it all or not.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished the first part. It's good stuff, but it's very controlled. Not entirely unexpected, but this isn't Hard Knocks by any means....which is fine. But still, must watch TV for any Patriots fan out there.

Interesting nuggets about the actual football game this weekend;

BB expects that Solder will play along with Vollmer on the right side due to Seabass working back from the back injury.

Rob Ninkovich signed to a 2 year extension. Sounds like it will probably be a very team friendly deal. Ninkovich is a pretty decent player, so I'm not all that upset about it. I still think he's someone we can very easily upgrade if we tried to, though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-16-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"**** you Mason, just **** you."

I love BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
i watched bits and pieces on nfl.com...not sure if I got it all or not.
The NFL.com part is missing the last segment where Belichick talks about how they have no big plays at all (worst in the NFL, the Patriots beat the **** out of the Titans, he says a few things, and then he shows part of what he does on his bye week. (which is playing golf for a second or two)
Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

My favorite lines (that I can remember) are

"The National anthem is about all I can root for in Philly."

Derrick Mason comes over to talk trash and he says: "**** you Mason. Just **** you. Shut the **** up. Let's talk after the game. Can you read the score board?"

The Wally Pipp line is funny but Welker's response was classic... "He can have it" and then Belichick says "Good Job, Wes. Way to compete."

"Light... don't stand to close or when they throw stuff at me, they might miss and hit you."

There was quite a bit of frustration you could see in how the young players were performing and how the WRs were basically not taking things serious. He was livid after the Denver game.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, that entire Wally Pipp thing was pretty classic. I don't think Wes really knew what he was trying to say there at all haha.

The Mason thing was funny as hell too.

Love the fact that they showed the snow game off. That's one of my favorite post-Super Bowl games that we played. Just such exciting stuff.

I thought it was interesting with his interaction with the players versus his interaction with the coaches. He seemed a lot more serious with the coaches than he was with the players, which makes some sense. But still, I certainly didn't see a team that "hated their coach" as Tom Jackson famously said once.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-16-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The NFL.com part is missing the last segment where Belichick talks about how they have no big plays at all (worst in the NFL, the Patriots beat the **** out of the Titans, he says a few things, and then he shows part of what he does on his bye week. (which is playing golf for a second or two)
I need that part...
Old 09-16-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Injury report for Sunday afternoons game;

Out
C Dan Koppen (fibula)
DL Mike Wright (concussion)

Questionable
LB Gary Guyton (hamstring)
WR Taylor Price (hamstring)
OL Sebastian Vollmer (back)
OL Ryan Wendell (calf)

Probable
S Josh Barrett (thumb)
CB Leigh Bodden (back)
LB Dane Fletcher (thumb)
TE Dan Gronkowski (hamstring)
LB Jerod Mayo (thigh)

I wouldn't mind Guyton being out. I'm more interested in finding out what we have in Fletcher at this point than I am in what Guyton brings to the table.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-16-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about Guyton. Im interested to see how the defense plays the Chargers. It would make sense to be aggressive against Rivers as if he has time he could make us pay. However when you look at their two outside WRs and see both of them are over 6'3 and then you have Gates at TE at 6'6 it's a tough matchup.

Sergio Brown actually had a pretty good game against Gates last year so I expect to see him involved quite a bit and I once again expect Dowling to start at LCB with Bodden in the slot.

Hopefully the defensive line rotation will wear the Chargers offensive line down especially with Cunningham coming back. Rotating VW, Haynesworth, Love and Pryor at DT with Ellis and Cunningham at LE and Carter and Anderson at RE gives us a lot of options up front and maybe means Mayo will play more coverage and maybe help against Gates.

Fletcher could be the key to how the defense plays. He's atheltic enough to also help on Gates but also offers in the pass rush.

Offensively I think it's more of the same. You can run on the Chargers and their LBs aren't too athletic in coverage so I think it could be another nice day for the TEs.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Looooooooooooollllllllll

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not **** with the hoodie

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to put that in my sig.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The "just **** you" part sets it over the top.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2011, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think we're going to bring the heat defensively against the Chargers. If Rivers has time he'll eat you alive. I could see us having Mayo jamming Gates at the line before blitzing. The Chargers OL is vastly overrated just as ours used to be, if we get interior pass rush the game is over. I don't know why, because the Chargers are really good, but I could see us absolutely blowing the Chargers out on sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Tight ends should be huge on offense, yet again. I'm not a big fantasy football guy, but the Chargers finished in the top 10 last year in fantasy points allowed to opposing tight ends. That linebacking core hasn't gotten any better, either.

As far as the gameplan of defense, we should see some more pressure dialed up this week. I just hope our corners can hold up in coverage on those big receivers down the field. Really can't get any worse than it was last week though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Good thing I have both tight ends in my league, the trouble is figuring out which one to start haha. I went on my gut with Hernandez last week and that ended up winning it for me.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

high scoring game? these type of games always get the high scoring hype but never live up to it

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
high scoring game? these type of games always get the high scoring hype but never live up to it
I'm feeling something under 30 for both teams. We're going to run it quite a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Big game for us today, I'm really looking at this one as a measuring stick for the rest of the season. Should be a tough game and hopefully our offense can get going against these guys unlike last year.

Quote:
Quote: