Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-25-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's not just McCourty. Johnson was moving all around and was covered by a few different DBs in the first half.

I'm not worried about yards, I'm worried about points. The Pats had only given up 7 points until that last drive...which was pretty bad on them. With such little time, they should have held the Bills to 0, but they got the field goal.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

....the good majority of it is on McCourty. You can talk about points all you want, but if we're giving free completions up to good receivers on his side of the field one thing is going to lead to another against good teams.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Brandon McGowan still out there? There must be something really wrong with him if he is...but that's the kind of play he and James Sanders would have prevented.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots want the opposition to score as fast as it can so Brady can put up monster numbers.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Hands to the face? WTF? Watching the replay and his hands were...wrapped around Fitz for a perfect form tackle.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Dan Connolly has handled Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus all game long. Starting to think C isn't much of a need anymore.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Johnson is on my **** list.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Less BJGE, more Ridley, please.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Chad Johnson is on my **** list.
Chad Johnson is on my hit list....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** this game. ****!

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

What a bull **** game. Missing Chung really sucked, but it shouldn't have mattered that much. This team is better than that. McCourty getting burned all day long with no safety help. Just a **** game. No way should Buffalo have won that game. Absolutely no way.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

What the hell happened with that timeout?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah, what a complete ******* idiot. GTFO "Ocho".

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

We caught so much **** for basically nothing in the gameday thread as well. Not a big deal, but disappointing nonetheless.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He didn't cost them the game. (granted, he cost Brady a record... because that would have put him over 400)

The D couldn't stop the Bills the last two drives.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He didn't cost them the game. (granted, he cost Brady a record... because that would have put him over 400)

The D couldn't stop the Bills the last two drives.
He came up very small when he needed to do a lot more the whole game, not just on the drop. The defense lost the game...but the inability of the offense to adjust to what was happening didn't help. Clearly bothered by the injuries. Even when we were putting up numbers early things looked out of sync.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Actually, thinking about it more, the Chad probably cost Brady the record twice. Once on the poor route that was picked off and once on the dropped TD late.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm sick of records. They can have all the records they want...Play some ******* defense and win some playoff games.

I suppose that doesn't really matter right now, but directionless anger, ect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Up by 21 so they decide to run the ball less. Brady has thrown 3 Int's in the span of 20 minutes so they decide to come out throwing some more. RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why they don't use their above average rushing offense when things aren't working out in the passing game. Try slowing the game down for once. Forcing the ball down the field is exactly why they lost. Defense played well enough to win besides for the last drive. It's a disgrace to have lost like this. I haven't been this pissed off since 4th and 2
Old 09-25-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We caught so much **** for basically nothing in the gameday thread as well. Not a big deal, but disappointing nonetheless.
People just love relishing the few games we lose each season and want to make it look like were being soar sports, despite me saying congrats to the bills and the fans once the game was over. It sucks but hey they were going to beat us eventually. Might as well be while were injury depleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm OK with throwing it. That's our identity. Should we run it more? Yeah, we really should. I do understand not trying to change who we are mid-game though. Just doesn't make any sense. We've seen teams do that and let teams back in just as easily.

But yeah, my real gripe is with this defense. Talk all you want about a new scheme(But I thought we played basically all 4-3 in subpackages anyway? I find those lines of logic to be a little contradictory) and injuries, but we played like garbage in three consecutive games. The Chargers gave the game to us on a silver platter with the turnovers in key situations and the Bills didn't. There hasn't been a dramatic increase in pass rush with the scheme change and the coverage seems to have gotten worse. Our run defense has been pretty suspect too. I really feel like we just kind of suck on that side of the ball. I like the personnel we have this year so much more....so it's even more frustrating to see us play like garbage like that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Also, I called the McCourty sophmore slump, but it doesn't make me feel better. I didn't think he'd be this bad though. We have serious problems if he and Bodden (who was also horrendous) don't turn it around. We might need to go back to some more zone looks. We're not blitzing so I don't see why we don't run zone anyways.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
People just love relishing the few games we lose each season and want to make it look like were being soar sports, despite me saying congrats to the bills and the fans once the game was over. It sucks but hey they were going to beat us eventually. Might as well be while were injury depleted.
Yeah, I got neg rep'd(I know, I know) for being "u mad". That stuff really doesn't matter, but jeez.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm OK with throwing it. That's our identity. Should we run it more? Yeah, we really should. I do understand not trying to change who we are mid-game though. Just doesn't make any sense. We've seen teams do that and let teams back in just as easily.

But yeah, my real gripe is with this defense. Talk all you want about a new scheme(But I thought we played basically all 4-3 in subpackages anyway? I find those lines of logic to be a little contradictory) and injuries, but we played like garbage in three consecutive games. The Chargers gave the game to us on a silver platter with the turnovers in key situations and the Bills didn't. There hasn't been a dramatic increase in pass rush with the scheme change and the coverage seems to have gotten worse. Our run defense has been pretty suspect too. I really feel like we just kind of suck on that side of the ball. I like the personnel we have this year so much more....so it's even more frustrating to see us play like garbage like that.
I disagree, throwing the ball stopped working immediately after the first Brady pick, but we kept right at it. There were only 2 guys getting open, and we had Ridley picking up 4-6 yards every time he touched the ball. When you're up by 21 getting a 8 minute drive that covers 40 yards and a punt can be just as good as a 2 minute TD drive through the air. Slow the game down a bit with screens and runs. Having Brady come out and spread the field after his 3rd Int is inexcusable. This team is an above average running team, and to have that in their arsenal and not use it at all is a huge waste.