Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-09-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we please see a hot route run correctly? The jets are clearly sending more than can be blocked with regularity. I would love for this to be recognized and take advantage of the subsequent 1 on 1 coverage.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice playcall there!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Rob Ninkovich ever do anything besides pretending to blitz then not actually blitzing?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Does Rob Ninkovich ever do anything besides pretending to blitz then not actually blitzing?
No.

He sets the edge, though!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God we got a win today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing gets the blood pumping like a Jets game man. Way tighter than it should have been thanks to Hernandez's blunder. Offense has really sputtered a bit in recent weeks, but luckily the running game has picked up. So nice to see us kill a clock.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Also; why can't Price get on the field? I thought he would show up for sure today with Wes Jr out....surely he's a better option than Chad right now...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also; why can't Price get on the field? I thought he would show up for sure today with Wes Jr out....surely he's a better option than Chad right now...
I like Chad against the Jets. You don't want to expose a young guy like that to this type of environment against that defense in his first action of the season.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ocho sucks, the dude is just terrible for us at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ocho sucks, the dude is just terrible for us at this point.
Maybe. But I still agree with the decision to have him out there instead of Price against the Jets.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Stuff like "the big stage" is completely overrated, if you ask me. That's just a way you extend guys who can't plays careers. Give me the guy who has the best chance to do the most damage.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-09-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say Ocho 'sucks' he's coming along slowly. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start getting 4-5 catches a game soon.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watching the Patriots zone coverages makes me sick. Quite a few plays where people would double one guy going through a zone leaving a safety 1-1 deep.

Then Spikes and I think Guyton tried to cover the middle while Holmes? went on a drag route leaving both in the dust.

So many blown coverage assignments still.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Just watching the Patriots zone coverages makes me sick. Quite a few plays where people would double one guy going through a zone leaving a safety 1-1 deep.

Then Spikes and I think Guyton tried to cover the middle while Holmes? went on a drag route leaving both in the dust.

So many blown coverage assignments still.
I'm usually pretty optimistic. But I completely agree here.

One thing I have no patience for is stupid mental mistakes like that from professional football players.

Zone is not that ******* hard. The amount of times we see a catch completed and two guys looking at each other like what happened? was totally unacceptable.

These were not physically being outran, outjumped plays, just mental fuckups.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Apparently Brady was pretty pissed about the way the team played yesterday, to the point where he was open about it with the media. Our offensive execution has been off for a number of weeks now, so I can't really blame him. The numbers are there, but things just look more awkward than usual passing the ball and we've even had some turnover from not being sharp enough. We're lucky the run game was there to pick us up yesterday.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Apparently Brady was pretty pissed about the way the team played yesterday, to the point where he was open about it with the media. Our offensive execution has been off for a number of weeks now, so I can't really blame him. The numbers are there, but things just look more awkward than usual passing the ball and we've even had some turnover from not being sharp enough. We're lucky the run game was there to pick us up yesterday.
It's true, the offense has been scoring, but its not near its potential yet. Blocking assignments, routes, and communication issues are still frequent.
I saw Brady had to remind guys on the LOS where they are supposed to be. (not send them in motion).

That and the drops.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm really disappointing we weren't able to get Gronk involved the past few weeks. Granted, he's been a difference maker in blocking, so it's not on him...but it just seems like when we're hitting him down the field things go quite well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-10-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm really disappointing we weren't able to get Gronk involved the past few weeks. Granted, he's been a difference maker in blocking, so it's not on him...but it just seems like when we're hitting him down the field things go quite well.
Apparently he was ill yesterday, so I give him a pass on that. But since the Buffalo game Brady hasn't looked his way much, but he has been given a lot of attention by opposing defenses.

Speaking of defense. I was glad to see us get off the field on 3rd downs yesterday. Unfortunately I have a feeling that we'll have SNAFU against the Cowboys this sunday. Also, D-Ware is going to eat Matt Light alive. Still think we'll get the W, but it's not going to be pretty.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Apparently he was ill yesterday, so I give him a pass on that. But since the Buffalo game Brady hasn't looked his way much, but he has been given a lot of attention by opposing defenses.

Speaking of defense. I was glad to see us get off the field on 3rd downs yesterday. Unfortunately I have a feeling that we'll have SNAFU against the Cowboys this sunday. Also, D-Ware is going to eat Matt Light alive. Still think we'll get the W, but it's not going to be pretty.
I'm not looking forward to the Ware-Light matchup, nor the Dez-McCourty, Austin-Bodden, or the Witten Safeties matchup. We don't match up very well with the Cowboys defensively.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how many people realize that NE would have scored 37 points and Brady would have put up 330ish yards, 2 TDs, and 0 ints with over 9YPA and over 75% completions if Hernandez makes one catch.

I think we've just been spoiled too much by these insane numbers.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Also, the Pats came out and scored again to start the half. It would have been 24-7. Game over.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I wonder how many people realize that NE would have scored 37 points and Brady would have put up 330ish yards, 2 TDs, and 0 ints with over 9YPA and over 75% completions if Hernandez makes one catch.

I think we've just been spoiled too much by these insane numbers.
Again, I really don't think it reflects in the numbers, but it just seems like things haven't quite been clicking right with the pass for a sustained stretch. The Hernandez thing factors into that, but even if we throw that out I still feel that way. Welker has bailed us out quite a bit this year with how insanely effective he's been.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-10-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Again, I really don't think it reflects in the numbers, but it just seems like things haven't quite been clicking right with the pass for a sustained stretch. The Hernandez thing factors into that, but even if we throw that out I still feel that way. Welker has bailed us out quite a bit this year with how insanely effective he's been.
Yeah but, good teams have guys that do that. Look at the Lions. Sure you'd like to see everyone playing amazing, but there is usually one big gun in high scoring offenses.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Not disputing our roster construction on offense, just the execution. Seems like we're getting fewer guys involved in the offense than we were at the start of the season in particular. I think we've got a whole ton of room left to improve in that area.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-10-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Also, Thomas Welch got cut. Thank god.

R.I.P. Junior Seau