Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-10-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Also, Thomas Welch got cut. Thank god.
That was horrible. I had to do a double-take when I saw him on the field yesterday. Couldn't believe my eyes.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, cowboys fan here. What do you think of the match up on sunday?

I think it's going to be a good game, but your TE's on our Safeties and LB's not named Sean Lee scares me to death..
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That was horrible. I had to do a double-take when I saw him on the field yesterday. Couldn't believe my eyes.
Yeah I thought it was pre-season again.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hey guys, cowboys fan here. What do you think of the match up on sunday?

I think it's going to be a good game, but your TE's on our Safeties and LB's not named Sean Lee scares me to death..
I think you guys will score points. Probably be a 35-28 kinda game. I don't think you guys can cover welker or gronkowski, or hernandez.

Then again, we wont do much to slow down austin or bryant.

Offense offense offense!
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster will change the definition of irony. It'll now be this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-creates-stir/
Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Man Wright keeps regressing it seems. At this point putting him on IR must be an option, we need the roster spot.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 10-12-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting against Mike Wright playing again. You sort of need to reexamine how important football really is with the amount of head injuries he's sustained.

But yeah, a Rob Ryan defense sort of makes me nervous. He was a big part of that Browns gameplan last year and has a shiny new, dangerous toy with Demarcus Ware. Probably helps we played a similar scheme last week, but the Cowboys have done a much better job against the pass this year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm rooting against Mike Wright playing again. You sort of need to reexamine how important football really is with the amount of head injuries he's sustained.

But yeah, a Rob Ryan defense sort of makes me nervous. He was a big part of that Browns gameplan last year and has a shiny new, dangerous toy with Demarcus Ware. Probably helps we played a similar scheme last week, but the Cowboys have done a much better job against the pass this year.
Which probably personel wise shouldn't be happening lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can really see this being a decent game for us on defense, actually. Our defense is built to get turnovers and hasn't run into them yet. Dallas has turned the ball over a lot this year and doesn't seem to be in a position to stop doing that anytime soon. There's matchup problems and Dallas could end up with a lot of yards, but we may run into a few timely picks as well. We've absolutely GOT to takcle on some of the Cowboys screen passes though. We'll have a hard time getting the all back otherwise.

As far as our offense goes, the Cowboys have been solid in nearly every area on defense. I think we'll find a way to move the ball on them, but it might be tough to find a place to do it early. I could see this being either another big run day or a good day throwing the football....but probably not both. The key to passing it will be to protect Brady. Ware scares the **** out of me on Light. Vollmer will be coming back, which is a plus...but we can't afford for any of the communication issues that may arise from him being out so long to surface this week.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel good about this one...I might have to pick against New England this week. Not looking forward to trying to stop all of their weapons, and Rob Ryan's defensive gameplan killed us last year. I will cry when I see Matt Light trying to block DeMarcus Ware.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really felt like we should have featured more Gronk the last few games, but this week screams "stay in and block" for him in a big way.

Overall, I think we can win b/c the Cowboys have found very creative ways to self-destruct and show no signs of stopping that. But I'm with you guys in my concern for the Ryan D making us look as bad as it did last year in that Browns game.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can really see this being a decent game for us on defense, actually. Our defense is built to get turnovers and hasn't run into them yet. Dallas has turned the ball over a lot this year and doesn't seem to be in a position to stop doing that anytime soon. There's matchup problems and Dallas could end up with a lot of yards, but we may run into a few timely picks as well. We've absolutely GOT to takcle on some of the Cowboys screen passes though. We'll have a hard time getting the all back otherwise.
We have had some turnovers, no doubt. You can't watch any of the talking heads without seeing wall to wall Romo.

But there's a risk here in jumping to the assumption that Romo is a turnover machine. The fact is that when you really look at his numbers, he doesn't turn the ball over that much. He's had some high profile turnovers, but don't just assume because some jack holes on NFL network or ESPN say it makes it true.

Our offensive system moves the ball. Even when Kitna was in, we moved the ball. The key for us will be touchdowns and not FGs.

Quote:
As far as our offense goes, the Cowboys have been solid in nearly every area on defense. I think we'll find a way to move the ball on them, but it might be tough to find a place to do it early. I could see this being either another big run day or a good day throwing the football....but probably not both. The key to passing it will be to protect Brady. Ware scares the **** out of me on Light. Vollmer will be coming back, which is a plus...but we can't afford for any of the communication issues that may arise from him being out so long to surface this week.
I really don't know what to expect from our defense. We are def more healthy and will have all our compliment of DBs which will help.

Ultimately, I agree with the sentiment that it's high scoring. I think it's 35-31 NE type game. I think we score late to cover the spread, but NE wins.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this week will be interesting. Dallas can't defend TEs and down the seam WRs, NE can't defend the outside passing game. If, and it's a big if, NE can slow down Ware then Brady could have a huge day-as could Welker and Hernandez-I agree that Gronk will stay in to block more this week than we would necessarily hope for.

NE showed with Gates and Keller that they can slow down TEs now with good coverage and the ability to jam them so Witten may not have a great game.

But Dez and Austin on the outside scares the crap out of me if we can't manufacture a pass rush

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think this week will be interesting. Dallas can't defend TEs and down the seam WRs, NE can't defend the outside passing game. If, and it's a big if, NE can slow down Ware then Brady could have a huge day-as could Welker and Hernandez-I agree that Gronk will stay in to block more this week than we would necessarily hope for.

NE showed with Gates and Keller that they can slow down TEs now with good coverage and the ability to jam them so Witten may not have a great game.

But Dez and Austin on the outside scares the crap out of me if we can't manufacture a pass rush
Actually, I don't think TEs have hurt us much this year. Keller had a good game in the first game - 5 for 61 yrds and 1 TD. But in the following weeks (pretty good TEs) V. Davis, Cooley, F. Davis & Pettigrew have a combined 13 catches for 146 and no TDs in 3 games. Sensibaugh and Elam have been pretty solid, not great, but solid.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Wright to IR. (presumably because of his concussion)

I think it's time for him to consider retirement.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Yeah I thought it was pre-season again.
Brandon Spikes seems to think so too.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what you need to know about Dallas heading into Sunday:

- We march up and down the field on pretty much every defense we play but our play calling is awful inside the 20 and more times than not we will settle for FGs down there. I believe we have something like 11 tries in the redzone and were only able to score 3 TDs so far this season down there. Instead of designing plays to Miles or Dez, Garrett outsmarts himself and will try to run draws out of shotgun or throw a screen pass to the Fullback or Martellus Bennett... this drives Cowboys fans crazy.

- We are extremely pass happy. Our OLine has yet to establish themselves as a formidable run blocking unit but they have been improving each week. Through the air it usually goes through Witten but with this being the first week all season where Miles and Dez are both on the field at the same time healthy I can see that changing. We're a tough matchup in the passing game for anyone, you can't leave Dez or Miles in single coverage because Romo will exploit it and those guys are 2 of the best going up and getting the football. Felix out of the backfield is also a threat, you'll need to recognize the screen to him quickly because he's a home run guy in open space. If you contain our running game and force us to be 1 dimensional you can bank on Romo eventually making some mistakes by trying to do too much. Turnovers hit us in bunches.

- Orlando Scandrick is supposedly shadowing Wes Welker this week, and if I'm the Patriots I'm giving him at least 15 targets. Scandrick has really struggled playing in the slot throughout his career and someone like Welker who can tear you up with the underneath routes should have a huge day moving the chains. Jenkins and Newman for the most part will neutralize Chad and Branch on the outside, they play well against smaller receivers who don't have a huge size advantage and can't out muscle them.

- We have struggled against good TEs in the past, and even though we've improved on that this season we've yet to play 2 as good as Gronk and Hernandez. I'd bet on them having big days against our ILBs and Safeties. Sean Lee has looked good in coverage but whoever Brooking/James are matched up on will be a nightmare for us. We will need to play some kind of bracket coverage on them with Sensabaugh... it's gonna be a challenge.

- Our run D is very good this year, we've shut down the Jets, Niners and Redskins who all have pretty good rushing attacks. I don't see you guys being able to run on our front 7 with much success.

Should be a fun game, I have a lot of respect for the Pats and their fans. I'm a Dallas fan living in NYC and I have shared hatred for the Jets, I loved watching you guys put them in their place last week lol.

Good luck and hopefully both teams make it out injury free.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 10-14-2011 at 10:29 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Great stuff guys. Injury free games are always good for all sides involved, let's hope for that.

As far as Patriots stuff goes, Aaron Hernandez was spotted in the locker room eating chicken during his interview today, clear dig at the Red Sox. In related news, Aaron Hernandez has moved his way up my list of favorite Patriots significantly.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference between the Pats and Jets/Redskins running the ball is those teams set up the pass with the run, the Pats go the other way around.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, if I'm reading The Finisher's post correctly, we can expect Vince Wilfork to get INT #3 on the season on one of the many screens Garrett will call. Awesome! He'd be tied for the league lead assuming none of the DBs with 3 INTs add another one.

I fully expect I'll have to update my sig. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Phil Costa's comments calling Wilfork a speed bump I feel better about this game. I feel like we're going to win by some points, but it's going to be close for a while. I don't think Romo can play mistake free football, so eventually the Patriots will win by 8-10 points I think. I'm worried about our running game, this is probably going to be one of the biggest tests for our running game this year. And with Benny having a turf toe, Woody having missed time it's probably going to be more up to Ridley than I'd like since he's a rookie. This means 40+ attempts for Brady... which could be a problem if DeMarcus Ware is matched up against Matt Light. Just thinking about that matchup brings tears to my eyes. Could we just start Solder over Light already? Also, Bryant and Austin are going to have career days against our corners. I hope to see more of Dowling who has the physique to jam them at the line and the speed to stay with them down the field.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 10-16-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayo returned to practice already. Probably won't play this week but has a good chance to play in our next game. Great news.

I echo everything Razor just said too

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really, really want to see the screen come back sometime soon and with the kind of pass rush Dallas will be able to generate with Ware, this could be the week we start using it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-15-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Dallas is like a Ferrari and Vince Wilfork is like a speed bump...

Think about it.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Harrison has been released after one day. Ouch.