Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-22-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edelman>McCourty

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Edelman has been no joke as a corner. It's pretty remarkable, actually.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure he was playing a nickle LB type role tonight at one point too. Between the end of the Jets game and tonight I think he should be given regular snaps on defense, he has looked that good.

Feed Moncrief
Old 11-22-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
He's defiantly light on his feet. I've seen him pull and play in space pretty well. I'm just not sure that's the best place to utilize him. He's got potential at tackle, but he could be that much better inside. We'll have to see how this offensive line group shakes out with Vollmer not looking so hot and Light going down. Solder looked very good early in the year, but hasn't been playing much and has been fairly inconsistent when he has.

Our offensive line as a whole has been playing bad lately. Light and Vollmer got embarrassed a few times today.
I thought Solder looked great overall this year tobe honest. He's a rookie, he isnt going to be all-pro yet, but i think he's probably been our best tackle.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our offensive line as a whole has been playing bad lately. Light and Vollmer got embarrassed a few times today.
I think you're being a bit hard on Vollmer there. He got abused by Hali on that one play, but other than that he was alright. He's giving up some pressure these days, but I'm pretty sure that's because of his back injury. You don't just make back pains go away. Trust me, I know.. On the other hand, I was screaming and yelling at Matt Light. I was actually cheering when he went down because I knew that meant I probably don't have to suffer any more of his ineptitude at LT. I can't wait until he's not in NE any longer.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one cheering when Light went down. feelslikeascumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Chiefs bring Hali & Houston, they're near impossible to stop. The OL had a couple bad plays, but did well overall against two rashly good pass rushers.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah, I kinda felt like a dick when I was cheering as well... But still, Matt Light sucks and I don't want him "protecting" Tom Brady.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol I was relieved when Light went down.

Here's a thought for everyone, if we made the SB do we have a chance against GB?
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post

Here's a thought for everyone, if we made the SB do we have a chance against GB?
I wouldn't write us off, but I think we'd have a hard time stopping that offense. Then again, that's what people said in 2001.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers would **** all over our defense. Unless Carter got us like ten sacks. But no, we wouldn't have a chance.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think you're being a bit hard on Vollmer there. He got abused by Hali on that one play, but other than that he was alright. He's giving up some pressure these days, but I'm pretty sure that's because of his back injury. You don't just make back pains go away. Trust me, I know.. On the other hand, I was screaming and yelling at Matt Light. I was actually cheering when he went down because I knew that meant I probably don't have to suffer any more of his ineptitude at LT. I can't wait until he's not in NE any longer.
I think it's very fair to question Vollmer at this point. I'm not trying to throw the guy out, but I'm defiantly worried. I loved the guy as much as anyone else last season and thought the second tea All-Pro was well earned, but he just hasn't been the same guy this year. It's not like this was the only chink in the armor this year(and it's not like it was only one play last night either), it's been happening all year.He's been average to below so far this year, and yeah, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the back. The thing is, that doesn't make me feel any better about the situation though. He had back problems he had to fight through at Houston as well and it was a talking point about his status as a prospect. Back injuries can be devastating for offensive linemen, both in terms of missing time and limiting effectiveness. The concern level may not be high right now but it certainly exists.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post

I replied to D-Unit's thread about how to beat the Packers and think the Pats have a chance.

It would be a shootout but the Packers defense is every bit as bad as the Pats, in fact they give up more points. Our defense couldn't cover the Packers all day and Rodgers would have a monster game, but as long as Mankins or Waters can help Connolly out with Raji then Brady shouldn't see much pressure up the middle-they are really missing Cullen Jenkins this year.

The Packers have major flaws defensively. The Pats are one of the only teams who can go score for score with them

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting game last night, that's for sure. KC kept themselves out of the game in the first half and then we put them away in the second. Not exactly an inspired effort for the first 30 minutes, but we've got a sweetheart of a schedule ahead and should have ample time to get the D back to good health and build confidence.

Every game we play from here on out is December football. I like our chances under those circumstances.

Also, I just bumped the Gronk v. Graham thread cuz I'm a super homer. lol

The Pack can definitely be beat but it will take a shootout. 30 minutes of terrible offensive football like we showed last night would be a big problem, as it would likely result in a 3 TD deficit.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

We really should be more concerned with winning a single playoff game first before we talk about the packers. It would be awesome if we could somehow manage to get the 1 seed again, but I think that's unlikely, I think the Dolphins take a game from us the way they're playing now + the fact we always drop one to Miami.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you jokers have enough of THE PALKO? HE UNLEASHED ALL OVER YOU!

Seriously though, good game you guys. Good luck the rest of the way.

(Accidently posted this in the Draft thread, so the TL can delete that if they wish. :D)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Did anyone see Kyle Love's block on the interception by Arrington? Jesus that was awesome

Feed Moncrief
Old 11-22-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Did anyone see Kyle Love's block on the interception by Arrington? Jesus that was awesome
yup
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Haha, yeah! Love's block absolutely destroyed that poor guy. Other than that, I completely agree with jvig. I don't want to talk Superb Owl right now since we haven't won a PO game since 2007. Let's get there before we start worrying about that Packers or the 49ers or whoever gets there. I just hope Pittsburgh gets knocked out before we have a chance to play them.

EDIT: Lilja was the guy. Iirc he didn't return to the game after that.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night must have been Bill Belichick's wet dream of defensive performances. Not only was he able to start 5 undrafted guys (Ihedigbo, Arrington, Moore, Love, Guyton), but he his scrap heap pickups were also productive (Carter, Anderson, Ninkovich). He even got to play an offensive guy as a nickel linebacker. Too bad it doesn't work out as well every week.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Last night must have been Bill Belichick's wet dream of defensive performances. Not only was he able to start 5 undrafted guys (Ihedigbo, Arrington, Moore, Love, Guyton), but he his scrap heap pickups were also productive (Carter, Anderson, Ninkovich). He even got to play an offensive guy as a nickel linebacker. Too bad it doesn't work out as well every week.
Well, it may workout that well for the next 4 weeks. VY / ??? (who is Indy's starter now?) / Grossman / Tebow are the next 4 opposing QBs and all those teams have less than stellar DST's right now.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
fuct91
Rookie

fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I believe when I saw him down I was saying "dont be Vollmer or Solder" "please be Light" and it came true. I think most Pats fans love to hate Light because he is so inconsistent at times. Then again I hope the injury isn't to serious.

I love what Solder has done up to this point and how they used him so far even though I was thoroughly disappointed when we drafted him because I felt we had more pressing needs on the defensive side of the ball.

Happy to see Canon back on the field after everything he has gone through.
Would love to see him be able to rotate between guard and tackle to give us depth.

Few questions:

1. When does the front office consider extending Gronk? After this year he has two year so I am thinking either this year or next.

2. Anyone else see a comparison between Arrington and Asante after 3 to 4 years in the league and how well they play in this system with this coaching staff? I feel like he might be even better because he actually can tackle and doesn't head hunt.

3. Did Hernandez ever have an issue with drops at Florida?
fuct91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct91 View Post
1. When does the front office consider extending Gronk? After this year he has two year so I am thinking either this year or next.
Probably not until the last year of the contract at the very earliest. They're not going to worry about extending a guy with 2 years left especially when they have to worry about Welker and Carter this year, and Mayo, Chung, and Vollmer next year.

Quote:
2. Anyone else see a comparison between Arrington and Asante after 3 to 4 years in the league and how well they play in this system with this coaching staff? I feel like he might be even better because he actually can tackle and doesn't head hunt.
Not really, they're really nothing alike. Arrington is a pretty physical guy who likes to tackle, and is competent in press coverage. Asante is much more of a ballhawk guy who will give a cushion, but is excellent at playing the ball once it's in the air. Although Arrington has a bunch of interceptions, I think its more of an aberration which has more to do with luck than anything else.

Quote:
3. Did Hernandez ever have an issue with drops at Florida?
If I recall correctly his hands were one of his better attributes coming into the NFL. I think it's more mental at this point than anything else with Hernandez. Sometimes he makes great hands catches, but since he's a big RAC guy I think he might be thinking about his first move before he properly secures the ball. I still like his upside, but for the time being he needs a contracted role in the offense until he regains his focus
Old 11-22-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the Hernandez thing boils down to space. He's just much more comfortable in open area. When he doesn't have separation or a place to run to, he panics a little bit when the ball comes his way, more of a catch and run, underneath type of target than the other way around. Some of that is coachable, but I think we're just going to have to accept that, along with some of the mental errors, as part of the total package.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I believe when I saw him down I was saying "dont be Vollmer or Solder" "please be Light" and it came true. I think most Pats fans love to hate Light because he is so inconsistent at times. Then again I hope the injury isn't to serious.
No one hates Light. We all love him. He's a good guy and had a great career. We just know there are better options available that are already on the team. With Canon healthy enough to play some RT, there are now 3 OTs that are better options than Light.